Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Micheal Jordan vs Sonics defense 1996 finals

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    If the defensive era stats are inflated as well, then why you keep trying to make direct comparisons ??
    Because Jordan mythologists are obsessed with comparing Jordans stats in the Finals during an era of offensive inflated basketball to Kobe's stats in the Finals against great defensive teams of this era.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Because Jordan mythologists are obsessed with comparing Jordans stats in the Finals during an era of offensive inflated basketball to Kobe's stats in the Finals against great defensive teams of this era.

shots are shots no matter what, game pace doesn't determine superstar shot attempts....Jordan >>>>>>>>>> Kobe

Compare Jordan's Finals stats to ANYONE and he kicks their butt....

Get a clue FOOT. Kobe isn't and never will be on Jordan's level.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    2mrow I will post a thread full of facts, its like u have to repeat it every year for these guys, ......tired of this era garbage like Jordan played in BC......these guys probably don't even play basketball. Its like when u go to the gym and some 40 year old is doing his thing, yet they can't fathom how good he may have been at 25, somehow he was worse because he didn't play against them.
    Don't bother. He's just going to wait 2 days and post the same bs numbers. Instead challenge him to post some videos of these great defenses that are so much better than when MJ played. Let's see him credit the defense when we see Kobe shoot contested threes over and over again instead of attacking it. I'm not an expert on Drtg but I'm willing to bet shooting up ill advised shots, too often making the hard play instead of the right one and going into hero ball starting in the 3rd quarter is a good way to make defenses look good. But it's just a guess.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Don't bother. He's just going to wait 2 days and post the same bs numbers. Instead challenge him to post some videos of these great defenses that are so much better than when MJ played. Let's see him credit the defense when we see Kobe shoot contested threes over and over again instead of attacking it. I'm not an expert on Drtg but I'm willing to bet shooting up ill advised shots, too often making the hard play instead of the right one and going into hero ball starting in the 3rd quarter is a good way to make defenses look good. But it's just a guess.
    The vids u are asking for will be just like vids posted for Mj the only difference is Kobe shot 40%

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

For a team that won 72 games during the season, they sure didn't look as dominant during the postseason. MJ & Pippen had their worst postseasons of their careers, Kukoc disappeared like he usually did during the postseason, Kerr's shot was off, the only player who played to his standards was Dennis Rodman. An old Knicks team that didn't even win 50 games played the Bulls to a hard fought 5 game series, Chicago caught a break in the ECF when Horace Grant went down and they fell asleep in the Finals once they had a 3-0 lead.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore SFMF's Avatar

this is a different class of NBA champion.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WpkXlrJxtw&nomobile=1 I count so many plays that would of been called a foul today its not even funny
    Fail

O LOOK IT'S KOBE VS MJ AGAIN...

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    For a team that won 72 games during the season, they sure didn't look as dominant during the postseason. MJ & Pippen had their worst postseasons of their careers, Kukoc disappeared like he usually did during the postseason, Kerr's shot was off, the only player who played to his standards was Dennis Rodman. An old Knicks team that didn't even win 50 games played the Bulls to a hard fought 5 game series, Chicago caught a break in the ECF when Horace Grant went down and they fell asleep in the Finals once they had a 3-0 lead.
    And yet, they went 15-3. Pretty tough to beat that. I know the 83 Sixers went 12-1, the 91 Bulls went 15-2 and the 01 Lakers went 15-1. Is there anyone else that did better?

Plus, it's difficult when you have 72 wins hanging over your head. Teams were gunning after them just to win a game. To hold that kind of focus throughout the regular season is remarkable. They relaxed after going up 3-0 in the Finals but it was one of the very few times they relaxed all year.

Everyone expected them to win every playoff game and to win it by 15 a game. That's an unbelievable amount of pressure. I'd love to see how another team does in the playoffs after winning more than 72 games. The 72 Lakers went 12-3 in the playoffs after setting the mark at 69 wins. That's really the only comparison to make to the 96 Bulls.

NBA rookie of the year

An old Knicks team that didn't even win 50 games played the Bulls to a hard fought 5 game series, Chicago caught a break in the ECF when Horace Grant went down and they fell asleep in the Finals once they had a 3-0 lead.
    lol @ this tendentious rhetoric. "Hard fought 5 game series"? I'm going to let you read that again. Is that a 7 game series? A 6 game series, even? No, it's a 5 game series. And Jordan had severe back spasms that series (well-documented) and Kukoc was also injured (plantar fasciitis). Chicago "caught a break" when Grant got hurt despite the fact that they beat Orlando 3-1 in the season series? Get your head examined. And yes, they took their foot off the gas after game 3 of the Finals. Sometimes a team so close to the goal can lose focus when they're up big - they needed a mental break too after being supremely focused during the entire season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    lol @ this tendentious rhetoric. "Hard fought 5 game series"? I'm going to let you read that again. Is that a 7 game series? A 6 game series, even? No, it's a 5 game series. And Jordan had severe back spasms that series (well-documented) and Kukoc was also injured (plantar fasciitis). Chicago "caught a break" when Grant got hurt despite the fact that they beat Orlando 3-1 in the season series? Get your head examined. And yes, they took their foot off the gas after game 3 of the Finals. Sometimes a team so close to the goal can lose focus when they're up big - they needed a mental break too after being supremely focused during the entire season.
    Don't get so defensive dude. They went 15-3, but I always wondered how their postseason record was so good despite have poor statistics individually. The Bulls-Knicks series might have been only 5 games, but it was still hard fought. NY lost its 4 games by 7, 11, 3, & 13, not bad when you consider that Chicago won 25 more games than NY during the regular season. Chicago still would of easily beat Orlando even with a healthy Grant, but that injury robbed Orlando out of atleast 1 victory.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    I have some, unfortunately I'm on my phone....what's even more remarkable is Kobetards refer to it as a physical series lol