Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: [Video Mix] Kyrie Irving: A New Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    To be totally honest when we drafted him I felt we should've drafted Williams slightly. I was 50/50 on it. Almost a year later, boy I'm glad we didn't draft Williams. I really like Kyrie's style of play. I hope once he gets better team-mates he can possible share the ball a bit more and not have to take so much of a scoring load.
    I followed him closely at Duke because I'm a big ACC fan. I know he played in only a few games, but I just saw something about him. Definitely during the draft I can see why Cavs fans were 50/50 on who to choose first, but Kyrie fits in perfectly. I think if you put a few other pieces around him he will show everyone what he's all about. Top 5 PG very soon. I love this guys game. I watch Cavs games just to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    I followed him closely at Duke because I'm a big ACC fan. I know he played in only a few games, but I just saw something about him. Definitely during the draft I can see why Cavs fans were 50/50 on who to choose first, but Kyrie fits in perfectly. I think if you put a few other pieces around him he will show everyone what he's all about. Top 5 PG very soon. I love this guys game. I watch Cavs games just to see him.
    I watched him a few games in college. He looks decently impressive, I wasn't sure if it'd translate into the NBA though. It's really weird to see him do decently well in college, get hurt, come to the NBA then do outstanding compared to college.
    Last edited by Meticode; 05-10-2012 at 12:12 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    For the record, I was never 50/50. I was 100-percent sure on Kyrie (Meticode can back that up). He was far and away the best player in the draft and I thought so very early on in the college season.

Problem is, people don't generally start paying attention to the college basketball season until it is 3/4 over and the tournament is approaching. By that time, Kyrie was injured and, even when he came back, he wasn't anywhere close to being healthy.

The Cavs fans that were paying attention to Kyrie early in the season had no reservations about who to take in the draft... Except PB.

But, you know how that goes.

a sports highlight mix and you are not using "remember the name" as background music

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    a sports highlight mix and you are not using "remember the name" as background music
    Last bump. And REMEMBER THE NAME! I was sad when I made Kyrie in NBA 2K11. Irving wasn't in their vocabulary to say it. I'm like, "Seriously? Dr. Julius Irving? And you don't have Irving!?!?!"

Default Re: [Video Mix] Kyrie Irving: Overcome

Bump, refer to OP.