Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Michael Jordan flopping

Before people challenged me to find footage of Michael Jordan flopping. Said he has never flopped. Despite it being much harder to find due to it not being during this Youtube age... I found a really bad flop by the GOAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjP...youtu.be&t=27s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjP...youtu.be&t=46s
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 05-08-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Default Re: Michael Jordan flopping

This was a better acting than his performance in Space Jam.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Good job. And this somehow offsets the Clippers' incredibly excessive flopping.

You hear that, everyone? Because Clippersfan found these examples of MJ flopping, you can NO LONGER call any Clipper a flopper.

NBA lottery pick

Trying to compare Jordan to Flop Griffin.

Jordan was a proven winner and game changer. He won championships, mvps, etc. Flop Griffin isn't in the same league.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

both vids are of the same flop.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

You hear that, everyone? Because Clippersfan found these examples of MJ flopping, you can NO LONGER call any Clipper a flopper.
    Not exactly. Jordan didn't flop often. All this shows is that flopping has existed for decades and due to the Youtube age... people are now blowing it out of proportion. Dennis Rodman was arguably the greatest flopper in NBA history (worse than Griffin or at least equal)... yet guess how many flopping clips you find on Youtube? ZERO. Unless you dig up games and happen to spot one.

I don't remember people hating Dennis Rodman for his crazy flops. Nor did they call him soft because of it. Much like Griffin... even with flopping Rodman was tough as nails. One of my favorite players of all time.

NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar

I wouldn't call that flopping. He's trying to take the charge and avoiding getting hit on the face. Flopping is at an all time high this age that even legitimate events people assuming is flopping. Reflex would make you take your head to avoid a hit, but now unless you take that hit to the face, it's going to look like flopping.

Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

I didn't see him say that in his post. Stop jumping to conclusions. He said people challenged him to find footage of Jordan flopping and he did. You guys are something else.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I wouldn't call that flopping. He's trying to take the charge and avoiding getting hit on the face.

Nah, he didn't have to jump back like that if he were really trying to take a charge. Come on now.

Of all of the flops, the "I'm in position and would get run over if I didn't fall back" flop bothers me the least.

In fact, I would say that is an accepted basketball move by now. People throwing themselves on the ground while they have the ball, or throwing themselves on the ground while someone is posting them up is weak though.

-Smak

isnt both the same flop?

more like drawing a foul/charge
    Last edited by kurple; 05-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I wouldn't call that flopping. He's trying to take the charge and avoiding getting hit on the face. Flopping is at an all time high this age that even legitimate events people assuming is flopping. Reflex would make you take your head to avoid a hit, but now unless you take that hit to the face, it's going to look like flopping.
    yet CP3 snaps his head back when he sees a shoulder coming towards him and that's a "flop" video spreading like wildfire across the internet. GTFO dude.

ISH needs better quality posters. Too much quantity and not enough quality. People jumping to conclusions and putting words in peoples mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    isnt both the same flop?

more like drawing a foul
    Which is different than what Griffin does how? 90 percent of Griffin's flop videos have legitimate contact.. and are of him drawing fouls. Only a handful of them are with no contact.