Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan flopping

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    All charges are flops then cuz that was a legit charge. Barkley thought he was fast enough to blow by rodman and couldnt.

I want to see plays that are considered flops by blake griffin
    Look on Youtube. You'll find about 100 Griffin flop videos/mixes. If you go in with a logical, unbiased mind you'll quickly see that most of them aren't even legit flops but rather exaggerations of existing contact or trying to draw a charge like Rodman who you're defending.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    That's not a flop AT ALL....that's "selling" the charge call..he was there in position, and Isiah was gonna run him over anyway. There is a big difference in selling the call, and flopping. If Isiah stopped short of Jordan and barely nudged him and Jordan goes flying, flailing his arms around, that's FLOPPING>
    This is exactly what flopping is for....

In Jordan's case, not as much as these disgusting superstar floppers of today.

Good find, OP.

Though, it doesn't change the fact that Flop City flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Look on Youtube. You'll find about 100 Griffin flop videos/mixes. If you go in with a logical, unbiased mind you'll quickly see that most of them aren't even legit flops but rather exaggerations of existing contact or trying to draw a charge like Rodman who you're defending.
    I looked. And i didnt see any plays that i would consider flopping. I did see some from chris paul though.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I looked. And i didnt see any plays that i would consider flopping. I did see some from chris paul though.
    Chris Paul, Mo Williams and Reggie Evans are the only non contact floppers on the Clippers. Griffin has done maybe 2 or 3 of those his entire career tops.

I want to see plays that are considered flops by blake griffin

Most of his flops are much like Rodmans; exaggerated contact.

The flops people should really be against are the no-contact flops. I remember LeBron had one last year in the Finals that was disgusting.

Again, I don't like flopping at all, but it's part of the game; always has been, always will be. As the league gets softer and softer... expect more flopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Chris Paul, Mo Williams and Reggie Evans are the only non contact floppers on the Clippers. Griffin has done maybe 2 or 3 of those his entire career tops.
    Yeah, but to the degree that hes aquired a reputation for it? I just think its people that dont like him and are nit-picking

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Most of his flops are much like Rodmans; exaggerated contact.

The flops people should really be against are the no-contact flops. I remember LeBron had one last year in the Finals that was disgusting.

Again, I don't like flopping at all, but it's part of the game; always has been, always will be. As the league gets softer and softer... expect more flopping.
    Exactly. Non contact flops should be outlawed. Players who do this should be fined $10000 when they flail to the ground after not even being touched

Didn't look like a flop looked like he didn't want to get hit in the face and leaned back causing him to topple something most humans do.

NBA sixth man of the year jstern's Avatar

Since there wasn't that much flopping back then, Dennis flopping was like a comical thing, him doing it to piss off his opponent. That was his main thing other than rebound, trying to get his opponent really angry and that's how I used to look at his flopping. I never saw the way we see flopping today.

And defense of today's players, it's the rules. The rules are softer, this is a very competitive sport. If any little contact is going to get you the ball, then you can sure as hell expect for flopping to take over. Teams want to win. Put pride on the side and flop. It means extra possessions and extra points.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Rodman with a major flop against Barkley. Announcer even laughs because he knows it, "it's heavy theatre". And Barkley gives Rodman an elbow because he knows Rodman flopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmS4...eature=related

I thought you said when you youtube Rodman flops, you won't find anything??

EVERYONE knows Rodman was a flopper, you're not treading on undiscovered ground here....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Good job. And this somehow offsets the Clippers' incredibly excessive flopping.

You hear that, everyone? Because Clippersfan found these examples of MJ flopping, you can NO LONGER call any Clipper a flopper.
    Where in the post does it say that, dumbshit?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TeamLAC
    Where in the post does it say that, dumbshit?
    Like that wasn't the entire reason this thread was created....

Please.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    This is exactly what flopping is for....

In Jordan's case, not as much as these disgusting superstar floppers of today.

If you can't tell the difference between selling contact and flopping, i don't know what the hell to tell you....

Selling contact, is what otherwise would STILL be a foul call. Selling charges doesn't change the outcome...it merely embellishes it...Selling doesn't take an obvious non-call and make it a foul.

Flopping is over-reacting to minimal to no contact to coax the ref into calling a foul.

There's selling, and ACTING.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Like that wasn't the entire reason this thread was created....

Please.