Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Free Agency Thread

Perhaps Green was asking too much? Otherwise I cant see why we aint extending him.

Once the nets move on from dwight (whether he is a Net or not) I can't wait for the moves to be made!

   

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Perhaps Green was asking too much? Otherwise I cant see why we aint extending him.
    we ain't extending him because the money just ain't there. best the nets could offer was apparently 1.2 mil or something. that's just not enough.

this is basically some of the fallout from hugely overpaying JJ and somewhat overpaying wallace.

I believe how success Nets will be strongly depends on how they will be filling the rest of the rosters. Even with Dwight we still aint a serious contender with the current players we have. Hopefully Billy Kings find a way to sign some quality role players.

Nets Reach Agreement With Jerry Stackhouse On Vet Min Deal
    In need of bodies to fill out their roster, the Nets have reached an agreement with 37 year old Jerry Stackhouse, according to ESPN's Chad Ford. The deal is for the veteran's minimum of $1.3 million.

Stackhouse played 30 games for the Hawks last season, shooting 37 percent. He didn't play at all in the playoffs.

   

this is getting ugly.

Football In The Groin funkylikemonkey's Avatar

So I guess this means we're definitely re-signing Humphries, since Teletovic isn't starter ready and there aren't any other big men out there. But do we even have the money to do that after just signing Brook?

We lost Green to Indy .
    Depth is going to be a huge problem this season.

   

Quote Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
    So I guess this means we're definitely re-signing Humphries, since Teletovic isn't starter ready and there aren't any other big men out there. But do we even have the money to do that after just signing Brook?
    funkylikemonkey! one of the oldest mods here! give it up, people!

but seriously... no idea.

Football In The Groin funkylikemonkey's Avatar

Haha thanks man...just saw this, not super thrilled at having Antawn Jamison as a starting PF or moving Gerald to that position, unless it means having Joe Johnson at SF and Brooks at SG, but then our bench sucks even more.

Unrestricted FA Kris Humphries is unlikely to re-sign with the Nets for the upcoming season.
    His price tag will simply be too high after averaging a double-double over the last two seasons, which has to be considered one of the most surprising statistics in the league over that time period. Sam Amico is reporting that the only way the Nets will sign Humphries is in order to trade him to another team. The Nets are a little thin at PF right now, but are still trying to land Antawn Jamison, signed rookie Mirza Teletovic and veteran Reggie Evans, and can also use Gerald Wallace at PF occasionally. Jul. 12 - 8:57 am et
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=183480&spln=1

Quote Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
    Haha thanks man...just saw this, not super thrilled at having Antawn Jamison as a starting PF or moving Gerald to that position, unless it means having Joe Johnson at SF and Brooks at SG, but then our bench sucks even more.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=183480&spln=1
    I don't like that. Brooklyn needs to play people at their regular positions. Getting Humphrie is a must. Bk needs his rebounding and toughness.

Well we can still hope to acquire Dwight Howard midway through the next season, if the Rockets get him and cannot persuade Dwight to extend his contract. Hopefully this is the reason why we are signing Brook reboundless Lopez for 4yrs/61M. Id rather believe it is 4yrs/21M, which suits his real value as a Nets player.

Nets sign CJ Watson to Vets Minumum. Bench is filling in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Nets sign CJ Watson to Vets Minumum. Bench is filling in nicely.
    Such a good pick up!!!!
    best backcourt! and backup backcourt! haha

Sundiata Gaines will not be resigned as per Billy King. Had nowhere else to post it. I will know slink away from this ugly colored forum.