Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can we all just agree Lebron IS NOT clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Ummmm.. so are we going to give him credit for the clutch plays against Boston and Chicago last season? Be consistent at least.
    I've never gave him credit as being clutch. How many times have we debated and I've said Lebron had more of luck than clutch with those hail mary threes. Same shots weren't falling at all in Dallas.

The problem with Lebron is that he doesn't step up in the FACE of adversity. When things are getting going (Like Boston and Chicago), he does fine. But the minute his jumper doesn't fall, or the other team is gritty enough to keep it close, he wilts. He doesn't have an extra gear.

It's like the school bully who abuses guys (Boston and Chicago), but when somebody punches him in the nose, he suddenly backs off.

Not airballing my layups anymore Gear2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Ummmm.. so are we going to give him credit for the clutch plays against Boston and Chicago last season? Be consistent at least.
    Of course he gets credit. But since he's joined the heat, he has had far more unclutch moments as opposed to clutch ones. He was unclutch all of last regular season, which--over the course of several months--began to severely alter the general perception of his "clutchness." He BEGAN to silence those haters during his brilliant Boston and Chicago crunch time plays, but failed to solidify it by playing abysmally unclutch in the NBA Finals. Thus, you could say that cumulatively his season last year (regular and post season) was overall unclutch.

Coming off of that into this season, I think he's only had a handful (the new jersey game...I can't remember anymore off the top of my head) of clutch plays in the regular season games, but he has had a fair amount of not wanting to participate at all in the final few seconds of the game (all star game comes to mind). Wade has been delegating the clutch all season, and this game continues to perpetuate his overall unclutch image whilst on the Heat.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    The problem with Lebron is that he doesn't step up in the FACE of adversity. When things are getting going (Like Boston and Chicago), he does fine. But the minute his jumper doesn't fall, or the other team is gritty enough to keep it close, he wilts. He doesn't have an extra gear.

It's like the school bully who abuses guys (Boston and Chicago), but when somebody punches him in the nose, he suddenly backs off.
    Exactly. Thats been consistent throughout his career. The pressure is too much for him.

Banned

Pretty much this, he just has a front-running mentality. It is something I hope that he figures out and fixes at some point but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

^i feel ya, could rep you if i could. Screw deferring to your boyfriend Wade in the 4th Bron, especially if he is laying up bricks.

LeBron and Bosh >>> LeBron and Wade

This would make sense if I had never seen Lebron play.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    This would make sense if I had never seen Lebron play.
    We've all seen Lebron play. Its true and the main reason he doesn't have a ring. If you are telling yourself differently you're just lying to yourself. Did you not see the Finals & Boston in 2010.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    We've all seen Lebron play. Its true and the main reason he doesn't have a ring. If you are telling yourself differently you're just lying to yourself. Did you not see the Finals & Boston in 2010.
    2011 Finals I'll give you. But for all of the "quitting" storylines even Lebron's biggest critic has to realize that the 2010 Celtics were a better and far more talented team in every way than the 2010 Cavs. After Lebron the next 4 best players in the series played for the Celtics.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    He is a front runner. There was no pressure on him in those series. What did he do in the Finals? The great ones play great to the end and win rings.
    So your answer was no? Just admit you don't want to give him credit and stop dancing around the issue.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    2011 Finals I'll give you. But for all of the "quitting" storylines even Lebron's biggest critic has to realize that the 2010 Celtics were a better and far more talented team in every way than the 2010 Cavs. After Lebron the next 4 best players in the series played for the Celtics.
    He doesn't get a pass because he was SOOOO bad he played a AWFUL pivotal game 5 (15 points ) and was bad in game 6. He went down without a fight just like he did in the Finals.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalNameGuy
    So your answer was no? Just admit you don't want to give him credit and stop dancing around the issue.
    I'll give him credit when plays well when the pressure is on. Why would he get credit for doing what he's suppose to do? He's suppose to be great right?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    LMFAO He flat out quit before the do-or-die game was even over in 2010. He has the mental fortitude of a coward. I notice a funny pattern when I watch the games of the other NBA legends that got ousted periodically throughout their careers. They never quit at any point no matter what adversity they are facing. LeQuit broke the mold. He's the greatest player to ever quit in the playoffs. there's a new accolade the NBA should create to add to his ringless awards.

Quote Originally Posted by webberz0044
    I think we all agreed on this subject years ago.
    this. hes a great player, but unclutch. and clutch means alot.