Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: What is origin of your Insidehoops screenname?

Band name.

I was very much into making up characters, and "Longshot" was one of my favorite characters back then, so i made up my own variation for me. Loneshot is short for LoneshotHero, one of the first aliases i made up when i was about eleven (long before i touched the internet). I've since shorten it to Loneshot for screen name purposes.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    A player I liked added his forename then his surname and there is my story.

NBA rookie of the year

"Scooter" was taken. Although I've never seen him...

NBA Superstar

This type of thread interests me. More contributions?

I chose the name of one of my favorite movies which's topic is about another thing I love being Lucid Dreams.

If MJ changes the team name to the Hornets my screenname will make no sense.

Rodney played great against the Cs in 08 in the playoffs

I thought he could be a poor man's Wade, and at times he can be just as good

but meh, that name is pretty cool itself

Just my name..

It's niko which is ni-go which is 25. My wife called me Niko because my baseball jersey when i played was 25 and it stuck.

Default Re: Where does your ISH screenname derive from?

nickname when I was in junior high was Burger because I was a pretty fat kid

after sophomore year in HS I had a massive growth spurt and got really muscular so my friends said they couldnt call me that anymore so they shortened it to "Burgz"

Fallguy sounded good. At the time I was feeling kinda like Batman from TDK, the hero that everybody needed but not the one they deserved, and I was kinda gonna take the falls and the punches that were needed for the good of those around me... translate that into a basketball context where our allstar lineup needed a solid roleplayer to rebound, play hard defense, dive for loose balls and get garbage putbacks, all without the fame and glory.

And then we lost in the semi finals my junior year.

And I really had turned into the Fallguy... people saying I didn't do enough, saying I should have been more or whatever the hell. I don't even remember... I just remember that I made this account directly following that loss by less than a week, and that I added "20" for the highest number of points I had scored as a varsity player.

Of course the year after we went undefeated and won state with me being the senior captain for the squad, but still... nobody remembers. Even in my hometown, people say, "Oh, we're you on that basketball team?" Not with Kyle Dranginis off to Gonzaga now. And rightfully so. He was the man, silky smooth and an efficient monster with a huge IQ, even as a sophmore.

But still... I suppose I hope to always carry that chip on my shoulder. Doing what is necessary, the little things no one else does, while still letting other take the glory.

/story

Bano because it's part of my last name and 114 because I was born on 1/14....which also happens to be today

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Fallguy sounded good. At the time I was feeling kinda like Batman from TDK, the hero that everybody needed but not the one they deserved, and I was kinda gonna take the falls and the punches that were needed for the good of those around me... translate that into a basketball context where our allstar lineup needed a solid roleplayer to rebound, play hard defense, dive for loose balls and get garbage putbacks, all without the fame and glory.

And then we lost in the semi finals my junior year.

And I really had turned into the Fallguy... people saying I didn't do enough, saying I should have been more or whatever the hell. I don't even remember... I just remember that I made this account directly following that loss by less than a week, and that I added "20" for the highest number of points I had scored as a varsity player.

Of course the year after we went undefeated and won state with me being the senior captain for the squad, but still... nobody remembers. Even in my hometown, people say, "Oh, we're you on that basketball team?" Not with Kyle Dranginis off to Gonzaga now. And rightfully so. He was the man, silky smooth and an efficient monster with a huge IQ, even as a sophmore.

But still... I suppose I hope to always carry that chip on my shoulder. Doing what is necessary, the little things no one else does, while still letting other take the glory.

/story
    Did you just compare yourself with the batman?

Anyway my name comes because my name is Esteban and people use to call me Estebandido which is a play of words, it means this bandit in English. There was this other forum I use to go and they always call me bandito because my nick was too long to spell I guess and it just stuck.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

It's a band.