Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant 42pts in Elimination Game Against OKC

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    [COLOR=Gray]Gameplan. OKC focused on limiting the bigs and trying not to be too physical with Kobe and get in foul trouble. Not saying it worked to perfection, but obviously they showed in the fourth quarter of game four that if you can take the bigs out of the game, and let Kobe get his, the Lakers struggle.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]Well said..[/COLOR]

Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton

The Lakers' 7.5% offensive rebound percentage was the lowest of the 2012 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]Well said..[/COLOR]

Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton

The Lakers' 7.5% offensive rebound percentage was the lowest of the 2012 playoffs.
    Totally Kobe's fault, amirite? Cuz he lead the team in offensive rebounds during the regular season?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Why make a thread like this? The Lakes were eliminated. Kobe could have dropped 62...it doesn't matter. The main stat is the W and L and he and his team got the BIG LOSS. Stupid inconsequential thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    [COLOR=Gray]Totally Kobe's fault, amirite? Cuz he lead the team in offensive rebounds during the regular season?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]Yeah. Not exempting Kobe cuz he did struggle too, but considering how Kobe bashers tout the Lakers frontcourt advantage that's just a staggering stat.[/COLOR]

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]Yeah. Not exempting Kobe cuz he did struggle too, but considering how Kobe bashers tout the Lakers frontcourt advantage that's just a staggering stat.[/COLOR]
    It's not "staggering" at all. When Kobe gives up on his team (doing what the f@ck HE wants to do) they give up on him. Just like the movie Any Given Sunday, where the Star Quarterback starts thinking he's bigger than the team.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Why make a thread like this? The Lakes were eliminated. Kobe could have dropped 62...it doesn't matter. The main stat is the W and L and he and his team got the BIG LOSS. Stupid inconsequential thread.
    Of course it matters. How you play in an elimination game matters. Do you come up big or small when it matters? Kobe came up big. It's too bad the Lakers couldn't get over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    Kobe sat out like the first 3 minutes of the 4th when OKC made a huge run to closeout the game. Quit trolling.
    One, in what way am I "trolling"? And two, I said fourth quarter of game four not game five.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Of course it matters. How you play in an elimination game matters. Do you come up big or small when it matters? Kobe came up big. It's too bad the Lakers couldn't get over the hump.
    He didn't "come up big". he "scored a lot of points", which is only a part of the game. He was looking for personal Glory, and he found it, at the expense of his team. Jesus, how many people here actually understand the concept of basketball at ALL???!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    [COLOR=Gray]It's not "staggering" at all. When Kobe gives up on his team (doing what the f@ck HE wants to do) they give up on him.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]For more or less the entire playoffs? Nah no excuse for that kind of lack of effort. Kobe might have struggled at times but even his ardent opponents know if any Laker showed up at all it's him. I'll give you LA misses Fisher's locker room presence though.[/COLOR]

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    He didn't "come up big". he "scored a lot of points", which is only a part of the game. He was looking for personal Glory, and he found it, at the expense of his team. Jesus, how many people here actually understand the concept of basketball at ALL???!!
    While I don't disagree, I think you are being hard on Kobe tonight by acting like he didn't play very well.

But you are right....if Lebron or Durant or Westbrook or Kobe or Dirk or Melo...all the great scorers just wanted to get 40 every night. They could. Just take 30 to 35 shots. Really these guys are just so good its not that hard.

But anyone that has ever played or coached knows that you have to do it within the team concept or gameplan to make a huge impact.

I will never understand why people here think the biggest ball hog in the league has no impact on how his teammates perform.

Also, on a different note a little. All I have heard since Gasol joined the Lakers was that Kobe made him the player he was. So...if you want to credit Kobe for "making Gasol"...wouldn't you then have to blame him for Gasol playing worse than at any point in his career these last 2 playoffs?

Seems inconsistent to me. As usual.

I dont know why some of you bother explaining it to these fu*king idiots here.

Kobe could have had 20, and 10 assists, in a losing effort, and they would have complained that he didnt score enough.

There isnt anything Kobe can do, with the exception of a 33 year old frame, beating an entire team by himself without these fools here dissecting why Kobe "sucks"

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    While I don't disagree, I think you are being hard on Kobe tonight by acting like he didn't play very well.

But you are right....if Lebron or Durant or Westbrook or Kobe or Dirk or Melo...all the great scorers just wanted to get 40 every night. They could. Just take 30 to 35 shots. Really these guys are just so good its not that hard.

But anyone that has ever played or coached knows that you have to do it within the team concept or gameplan to make a huge impact.

I will never understand why people here think the biggest ball hog in the league has no impact on how his teammates perform.

Also, on a different note a little. All I have heard since Gasol joined the Lakers was that Kobe made him the player he was. So...if you want to credit Kobe for "making Gasol"...wouldn't you then have to blame him for Gasol playing worse than at any point in his career these last 2 playoffs?

Nope, I don't see the logic...please explain.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

The only ones that claim Kobe made Gasol are delusional. Gasol was a beast in his ownright, much like Dirk, in Memphis dragging his subpar squads to the playoffs every year in the Western Conference. I don't have to tell you, but since Gasol joined the Lakers, there was a very long stretch of time (probably 2+ seasons) they had never lost 3 straight games. The Lakers overall winning percentage just skyrocketed and he played a huge part in the Lakers 3 finals appearances.

Kobe deserves a little blame for his two subpar late game performances, but Gasol does deserve some blame for tonight and for most of the series for not playing to his ability.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

You see Durant shut his ass down again in the 4th?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Nope, I don't see the logic...please explain.
    If you want to credit Kobe with "making Gasol" like all you morons do. Then how do you not blame Kobe when Gasol doesn't play well?

He either impacts how Gasol plays or he doesn't. You can't pick and choose when he does.