Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Default Re: Has Kevin Durant already surpassed Scottie Pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    In terms of a GOAT, of course not. Pip is regarded as a top 4-7 GOAT SF. Durant hasn't done enough to be considered a top 10 GOAT SF let alone one on Pip's level.

But in terms of KD's current value against Pip's peak value, I think Durant is the better player. Pip is the better all around player no doubt. And can plug so many holes. But there is a certain premium on true alpha dogs. And KD is an epic one. Not a knock on Pip and skill for skill, he's arguably the most technically sound SF of all time. He had the D Bird didn't have and actually has more tools in his scoring skillset than Lebron. The only difference is Bron is a better scorer and more aggressive when it comes to scoring.
    Hey biz, who is that in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Hey biz, who is that in your avatar?
    I'm not even sure of her name bro. One of my boys sent me the pic on Facebook and I was like WOW! So I figured I was give all of us here on the site something to look at! lol

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I'm not even sure of her name bro. One of my boys sent me the pic on Facebook and I was like WOW! So I figured I was give all of us here on the site something to look at! lol
    You have great taste in women. As well as a great basketball mind. Even if we disagree most of the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    You have great taste in women. As well as a great basketball mind. Even if we disagree most of the time lol
    We just tend to disagree when it comes to your boy Pip! lol But I respect your knowledge of the game too. I like discussing the game with people who are students of the game. It's no fun discussing the game with trolls or casual type fans.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Durant: 36 Points. 8 Rebounds. 4 Assists. 12-20 shooting in his first NBA Finals game. (Also outplayed LeBron)

Pippen never had that many points in a Finals game and he has played like 35 Finals' games.

You guys still think Pippen is better?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Durant: 36 Points. 8 Rebounds. 4 Assists. 12-20 shooting in his first NBA Finals game. (Also outplayed LeBron)

Pippen never had that many points in a Finals game and he has played like 35 Finals' games.

You guys still think Pippen is better?
    I see your still arguing about points production, failing to comprehend any value that Pippen brought off the score sheet. May god have mercy on your pathetic and empty soul.

He isn't yet, but he will. He's got that killer instinct that MJ had, and very few players have (Kobe, Bird as well).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I see your still arguing about points production, failing to comprehend any value that Pippen brought off the score sheet. May god have mercy on your pathetic and empty soul.
    I'll take a 30 PPG scorer who is a solid defender over a 20-22 PPG scorer who plays elite defense any day of the week.

Durant had 17 points in the 4th quarter and closed the game going up against the league MVP (LeBron), Pippen could only dream of doing something like that.