Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Does Miami have a legitimate shot vs San Antonio or OKC?

Not without Bosh imo, against either of them. Even with Bosh, SA's execution and defensive discipline will be tough for them; Leonard will be a great defender on Lebron.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Does Miami have a legitimate shots vs San Antonio or OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Solid enough team wise. They are active. Which is enough to make it a series.
    I'm picking the Spurs. I think their ball movement will be too much for Miami to stop, but it won't be easy. They're counting on some really inexperienced guys. It'll be interesting to see how well they do against Westbrook & Durant.

NBA Fan

I just realized Miami won't have home court advantage against either team, it's gonna be tough, but they definitely have a legitimate shot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Mike Miller also looks very banged up, he was hitting shots tonight, but it seemed like he shouldn't have been on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I'm picking the Spurs. I think their ball movement will be too much for Miami to stop, but it won't be easy. They're counting on some really inexperienced guys. It'll be interesting to see how well they do against Westbrook & Durant.
    Ball movement will be interesting. Miami is dangerous and play the lanes better than any team in the league.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Not without Bosh imo, against either of them. Even with Bosh, SA's execution and defensive discipline will be tough for them; Leonard will be a great defender on Lebron.
    Leonard could guard a banged up Kobe in the regular season, but not a pissed off LeBron thanks to Granger for waking him up.

fk that .. the question is does okc or san antonio have a legitimate shot vs. the heat .. wade and lebron are back doing pressers together .. wcf winner is in trouble

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    I just realized Miami won't have home court advantage against either team, it's gonna be tough, but they definitely have a legitimate shot.
    It's odd in the Finals. We saw it with Dallas last year. You split those first two games and it's really hard not to drop two of three straight on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Leonard could guard a banged up Kobe in the regular season, but not a pissed off LeBron thanks to Granger for waking him up.
    Had more to do with Pacers bad defensive strategies and rotations. He did demolish them in that 40/18/9 game though...

Banned

Without a healthy Bosh? I don't think they'll beat either one.

They matchup better against OKC though because of OKC was very turnover prone in the post-season although they have had much better ball-control in the post-season.

Spurs would do the same thing the Mavericks did last season except they won't need 4th quarter runs and comebacks to beat them.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

if bosh is healthy and there role players score atleast 20+ per game. they could do it. there role players have a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    The only question I have for the Spurs is who are the perimeter defenders? They don't have Bruce Bowen anymore. I don't like the idea of Danny Green and Manu on Wade and then Leonard and Jackson on LeBron.
    Perimeter defense won't be the problem. Leonard has proven he can hold his own, Jackson when motivated (which he is) is stellar defensively primarily against size, and Danny Green is underrated defensively and will atleast be able to stay in front of Wade. Ginobili is more of a wildcard, sometimes he's great on defense and other times not so much.

Like I said, inside defensive presence will be more of an issue for San Antonio.

Without Bosh, they're not beating either of them. With Bosh, they have a better shot against OKC. The thing is beating Miami only requires one thing...being able to shift and clog the driving lane. San Antonio probably does that better than any team in the league. That's one thing Indiana couldn't do. You gotta clog the lane and force Bron and Wade to take outside shots and neither of them are consistent outside shooters. OKC has the shot blocking in their favor, but you can't count on Ibaka to block 4-5 shots a game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Without a healthy Bosh? I don't think they'll beat either one.

They matchup better against OKC though because of OKC was very turnover prone in the post-season although they have had much better ball-control in the post-season.

Spurs would do the same thing the Mavericks did last season except they won't need 4th quarter runs and comebacks to beat them.
    This is exactly why I think Miami has a better chance against OKC. Spurs are pretty much a steroid version of last year's Mavericks, the ball moves and they don't make mistakes, OKC can be pretty erratic at times when taking care of the ball, and Miami is the last team you want turning the ball over against.

Learning to shoot layups

Miami will have a tough time against Boston, provided they get past Philly.

They have absolutely no chance against SA, at most I'll give them 1 game.