Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Kyle Lowry: It's Either Me Or Dragic.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    If true, this kinda bums me out. Beasley would've been the perfect bench player for the Lakers.
    I posted a thread about this a few days ago on how much he'd help off the bench if they had made that deal.

All the stuff I'm saying about Williams, but Beasley is clearly a far superior player talent-wise just is missing a brain. He just needs somebody like Kobe to slap the shit out of him, frequently, and maybe he'd put it together.

It made no damn sense that the Lakers couldn't get that deal done with Minnesota. So what if they had to take back Fisher? He was going to want a buyout no matter where he was traded. Throw in a future protected 1st or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    As a well known Rockets fan, what are your thoughts on this proposed 3-team trade?

Rockets send: Lowry, Martin
    Rockets receive: Gasol, Blake

Wolves send: Williams, Beasley
    Wolves receive: Martin

Lakers send: Gasol, Blake
    Receive: Lowry, Williams, Beasley
    Hmm from a Rockets perspective, not bad, but ONLY if we can keep Dragic (which isn't a sure fire thing btw). I'd be disappointed we didn't get anything better (frankly I think the Rockets will use Martin and Lowry to move up in the draft) but Lakers give up Gasol and get Lowry, 2nd overall pick and Beasley? That's a bit too nice isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    he probably has the best contract in the nba right now
    He's older than Gasol and never has been as good as Gasol.

Yeah hes being paid modestly at $9.5 Million next season, but he's no more than a 4th option on any good team.

Just having him as a 2nd option for Houston hasn't gotten them far has it?

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Scola is Houston's number one option, that's why they haven't been able to make the playoffs. Scola is a decent 2nd option and an EXCELLENT 3rd option.

You need a very good defensive center next to Scola though to cover his defensive mistakes, a la what Spurs should've done

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    You need a very good defensive center next to Scola though to cover his defensive mistakes, a la what Spurs should've done
    ya, i think people need to realize that scola and martin are amongst the worst defenders at their position. martin especially...the guy just sucks defensively. if he's not getting you 20 points while also getting to the line, he's pretty useless. he's arguably worse than boozer which is saying a lot. he was a pretty talented scorer in sac-town but that franchise seems to have always had those. then they go elsewhere and you see their liabilities.

at the same time, he'd still be a nice fit for minny because they desperately need a pure SG and one that can catch and shoot. martin can do that but they need to shore up that team's defense for it to work successfully. martin has also been pretty injury prone in the past so that's another thing to consider.

i agree with the overall sentiment of rowe in this thread...all signs point to minny being committed to williams, at least right now. i think he's one of the four they keep on their books unless a deal comes around that just makes the ground shake. and these proposed trades? just not enough.

i don't know if he'll fully come around. he's an offensive threat but i just feel that he's a tweener. he's too slow laterally to guard SF's straight up and he gets overpowered when he guards PF's. his P&R defense and general awareness is pretty awful.

still, you can't give up on him just yet. for now, they just have to hope he becomes better defensively at recognizing what is going on and starts developing a solid mid-range jumper. if he can do that, he can take guys off the dribble a bit. the same thing he's bad at defensively is something he can force upon offensively on other teams. he's a tweener though and if recent drafts have shown anything, it's that those guys don't really stick in the NBA. if he ends up being a slightly better version of marvin williams, that wouldn't surprise me much
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 05-26-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

I've been on this trade forever for the Heat, and it was reportedly offered by Houston to the Heat. If we lose again, I'd definetly do it:

Bosh/Cole (or any other role player really, I used him b/c he's cheap)
    for
    Lowry/Scola/Dalembert

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=d4huy9c

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Yes but you have Gasol going to the Rockets, not the Wolves. You're saying the Wolves trade Beasley and Derrick Williams for Kevin Martin, which is terrible for them. Derrick Williams is not Jordan Hill, he's a lot better and has more potential.

If Houston throws in a first round pick then that could get the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    He's undersized at 6'8 but he's a very good athlete.

Williams isn't a consistent shooter at this point in his career, but nearly 1/4 of his shots were 3 point attempts. Mainly because the T'Wolves have him out on the perimeter at the 3. Assuming he continues to improve from that area then he offers the true Inside/Out threat that Brown was trying to get out of a Gasol/Bynum combo. He'd definetly be productive there at his natural position of PF. Nowhere near as skilled as Gasol, but he's athletic and knows how to drive to the basket and draw fouls.

On defense yeah he is Jamison-like or better yet Jamison-lite.

Doesn't do much for post defense, espescially with an average wingspan.
    T-Wolves played him at the 4 the majority of the time. He just wanted to keep shooting threes.

you obviously havent watched Williams very much. He lacks the athetism to play 3.

He doesn't know what a good shot is and seems to find tough step back jumpers and has trouble finishing drives. Plus, he is horrible on defense and loses focus when he isn't scoring. I personally don't like having horrible defenders in the front court.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    If I'm Houston, I gotta love this trade. Lowry or Dragic is as good as gone, they won't have enough money to keep both PGs. They also get rid of Martin's contract and finally get Pau Gasol after the Dragic/Scola/Martin talk broke down with the Lakers earlier this season.
    No, Lowry, Martin and Scola for Blake and Gasol...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    If Houston throws in a first round pick then that could get the deal done.
    Haha, so Houston will give Martin, Scola, Lowry and a first round pick for Blake and Gasol?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

How about Lowry to Heat for Chalmers and Miller..

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    I've been on this trade forever for the Heat, and it was reportedly offered by Houston to the Heat. If we lose again, I'd definetly do it:

Bosh/Cole (or any other role player really, I used him b/c he's cheap)
    for
    Lowry/Scola/Dalembert

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=d4huy9c
    I like this trade, makes sense for both teams.

That means that the Rockets will do anything to get Goran back and if so, then the Rockets will have a team looking like this;

PG: Dragic
    SG: Martin (as for now)
    SF: Parsons
    PF: Bosh
    C: Camby

Sure, they would have to get a FA big guy but still, the trade would benifit them in the long run.

Very good NBA starter

For all the guys that say Derrick Williams is too much to give up on the Timberwolves side, does anyone realistically see him reaching his full potential playing behind Kevin Love?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    How about Lowry to Heat for Chalmers and Miller..
    Keep dreaming.