The Mighty Mos Def
    Black Thought
    Zion I
    Shad K.
    Talib Kweli

Banned

Default Re: Top 5 Favorite Rappers

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    Drake had 5+ hits on the radio just this year. Not to mention all of his features are hits as well

I don't listen to the radio. Don't care. Drake is still a ph[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]got

Serious playground baller

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    There hasn't been a rapper with what? Maybe if all you listen to is MMG minus Wale you would think that.
    Anybody? Maybe J.Cole. That's about it.

A lot of rappers have some substance, I'm not saying that they are dropping joints like Blackstar or Public Enemy, but there is something substantial that you can take from their efforts and that comes in many forms like a story, social commentary,etc.
    And Meek doesn't? Meek has as much substance in his music than any other mainstream artist. Lemme guess, you listen skimmed through to a bunch of his bullshit songs that pop up on the first page of YouTube. Go farther than that.

Drake raps about his mom on "Look What You've Done". Also, stop being an idiot, affairs of the heart are a huge part in everyone's life. Songs about perils/joys of love/women can be substantial. If they weren't then R&B wouldn't necessarily exist.
    Exactly, thanks for getting to my point. That's what he's supposed to be labelled as. An R&B, pop artist. I didn't even call him a terrible rapper in the first place. Relax.

I can play that game too. Check out DC2 and take a look at "Use to Be". Raps about how hard his life before the wealth (his son, family, etc) while Drake raps about who he pretends to be. His whole fake gangster persona is another thing. At least Meek keeps it real on all of the stuff he puts out. Rags to riches story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Anybody? Maybe J.Cole. That's about it.
    It's clear you don't listen to rap. I'm done. Apparently J.cole is the only one who drops songs with substance these days so I can't say anything about meek mill. I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

It's also clear that you haven't heard albums like Watch the Throne, TM103, Section.80, The Dreamer The Believer, etc.... I seriously don't know how someone could sit there and say some bogus ass bullshit like that. I know that we aren't in the golden age, but god damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    the argument is dumb as hell because drake has the least substance of any of these guys. and just because it's not about his money and cars doesn't mean it's not empty. meek raps very well and makes good songs, isn't that more than enough? especially when you guys are always complaining about how guys are shitty rappers.
    DC2 was a dud.

No replay value for me at all.

You even said that it was full of "meh" songs, but now you post this trash. Stop contradicting yourself. You can't be a eccentric blowhard one second and then try to be analytic the next. Pick one side "brie".

It's funny how Meek got "renegaded" multiple times on DC2 and you sit there and straight up lie...saying the dude is nice with his raps and makes good songs.

Kendrick and Drake, two of his contemporaries made him look amateurish on his f*cking shit. Wheredeydothatat?

It doesnt matter where you guys decide to turn this argument, it's an L either way.
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 05-28-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Rap is for poor/stupid people. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    Rap is for poor/stupid people. That is all.

Broad sweeping insults are for insecure people with small penises. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    It's clear you don't listen to rap. I'm done. Apparently J.cole is the only one who drops songs with substance these days so I can't say anything about meek mill. I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

It's also clear that you haven't heard albums like Watch the Throne, TM103, Section.80, The Dreamer The Believer, etc.... I seriously don't know how someone could sit there and say some bogus ass bullshit like that. I know that we aren't in the golden age, but god damn.
    Section 80 is probably one of my favorite albums ever actually. Too bad Kendrick isn't mainstream. But you're right about those other albums you listed.

To each his own, i shouldnt have argued about what you consider "rap" these days to begin with. Keep listening to Drake shit that just makes you want to sit in your room and cry in a corner. That shit aint rap. Period.

one mixtape makes you forget ima boss? house party? wtf brie? yea, dreamchasers 2 was weak, but that doesn't mean he isn't capable. this is his first year on top, and i'd assume all the great tracks went to the album, which comes out in august just a few months from now.
    See that kind of rational thinking isn't what Fudge was doing. He basically wrote Drake off because of Take Care. So why shouldn't I write Meek off because of his features and the absolute shittiness from DC2? It's a f*cking mixtape for christ sakes, that's where one would expect to see more substantial music instead of a bunch of materialistic bs like "Racked up shorty". Meek's music sounds just like everyone elses and I am not the only one noticing it. He's played himself.

Just look at the label, who he's around and tell that you expect the subject matter or production level to be even better than this. He's just gonna have songs that are more polished but the same bs over and over again.

Dude is gonna flop unless that Self Made Vol.2 is a f*cking beast of an album and garners him some cross over appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Section 80 is probably one of my favorite albums ever actually. Too bad Kendrick isn't mainstream. But you're right about those other albums you listed.

To each his own, i shouldnt have argued about what you consider "rap" these days to begin with. Keep listening to Drake shit that just makes you want to sit in your room and cry in a corner. That shit aint rap. Period.
    Kendrick is very mainstream. Dude is doing songs with Dre,Drake,Meek,etc.... gearing up to release his debut and doing songs for huge video game franchises...that's mainstream to me.

LOL at the last paragraph, go to sleep little kid.
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 05-28-2012 at 02:14 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    Rap is for black people. That is all.

He's a rapper turned singer. It's like Chris Brown trying to rap right now. Exactly that. He has all the talent in the world and totally went the wrong way with Take Care.

Unless he can prove me otherwise with his next project, my opinion of him wont change.

hasn't drake made it clear that take care is the album he wanted to make though? why shouldn't he base all his thoughts on drake on that album?

the label is full of talent. every ross album has been good and i assume he is executive producing it. i expect a great album.
    Ross doesnt even move more units than Wale

Like I said, Meek is in trouble unless he gets that crossover appeal.

Son better get a poppy single on that album.

hasn't drake made it clear that take care is the album he wanted to make though? why shouldn't he base all his thoughts on drake on that album?

the label is full of talent. every ross album has been good and i assume he is executive producing it. i expect a great album.
    I liked Maybach Muzik but Teflon Don, not as much.

I thought Teflon Don was a great album, it still didnt really do that well in comparison to the other big names.