Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Default Re: Is Anyone Still Sleeping On Manu Ginobili?

"Oy vey"

Enter the brilliance of GOBB(ler) to go along w/ the continued ridiculousness of KBlaze.

Here's a rhyme for you KB since you like rhymes:

It is quite evident that you guys are a fan of the man that puts the ball in the hole/
    But a 3x Champion is just playin' a role/
    He's not Black or White and he comes from overseas/
    No way he's better than n*ggas from here, please/
    Not better than the Logo, or Clyde w/ his good hair/
    But you gotta put them 2 cats rings together to even make a pair/
    30 pts 40 pts he ain't even average/
    Fade, a decade later, still doin' damage/
    Y'all stuck on stupid like only stats makes players Top 10/
    Team game b*tch, all he does is win//

And this is from a Magic fan that recognizes greatness when he sees it.

Saw a basketball once hennigplex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Manu on a pretty normal night...he isnt gonna do a lot that Brent Barry in Clippers/Bulls/Sonics form didnt. He plays better defense. But really...night to night?
    This was an interesting comparison. Is it because they are both white and have long noses??

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Enter the brilliance of GOBB(ler) to go along w/ the continued ridiculousness of KBlaze.

Here's a rhyme for you KB since you like rhymes:

It is quite evident that you guys are a fan of the man that puts the ball in the hole/

And this is from a Magic fan that recognizes greatness when he sees it.
    That was among the most cringe inducing posts ive ever read. I may never be the same again.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    what are Jason Terry and Rip Hamilton doing now though? Terry just put up 13 ppg on a team that got swept in the first round, Rip in the past few years has become a shell of himself. Neither has been a big part of multiple championship teams the way Manu has. Rip I think is closer to Manu in terms of talent, defensive/offensive abilities, value to a team and accomplishments, but he can't stay healthy, even worse than Ginobili. Terry has proven himself as a useful piece to the Mavs, but not in the way Manu has for a highly successful Spurs team the last 7-10 years. Terry is a great offensive player, but he isn't getting All-NBA status or any semblance of MVP buzz (from his home crowd or any crowd), he's not that player.
    I was referring to people that think he should be on level of someone like Clyde or Wade and pointing out that if you tried to point out to their greatness by saying they've had multiple 20+ and 30+ point games in the playoffs, the reply would be "And?". Cause the fact is you can say that about a number of players such as Rip and Jet. I agree Manu is better then both of those players, but I would also say while he's in between the Rip/Jet and Clyde/Wade, he leans closer to that Rip/Jet part. I believe the whole point Kblaze was making is that he's not held to very high standards, which he isn't. And usually the greater the player, the higher the standard a player is held to.

Saw a basketball once hennigplex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillyJakk

He's a top-10 SG of All-time. Somewhere between 5-7.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I was referring to people that think he should be on level of someone like Clyde or Wade and pointing out that if you tried to point out to their greatness by saying they've had multiple 20+ and 30+ point games in the playoffs, the reply would be "And?". Cause the fact is you can say that about a number of players such as Rip and Jet. I agree Manu is better then both of those players, but I would also say while he's in between the Rip/Jet and Clyde/Wade, he leans closer to that Rip/Jet part. I believe the whole point Kblaze was making is that he's not held to very high standards, which he isn't. And usually the greater the player, the higher the standard a player is held to.
    Bingo.

Kblaze, what do you use to edit your videos?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Kblaze owned in this thread. His point was clear and all I see is people not getting his point and arguing what they care to read.
    LOL hardly

he said the Spurs were "up 22" when Ginobili came in and "made a couple of shots" yesterday.... did he even watch the game? or is he so jaded about Manu that he can't correctly see the things he's done or is doing? nobody is saying (I'm not) Manu is a HOF based off one game, but at least get the information, stats, and context right. Kind of just comes off as old and jaded.

It's like somebody compares Manu to Drexler or Wade (I don't agree), and all of a sudden it's people's job amidst the frustration to underrate him just as much as people are overrating him. Kblaze is putting Manu in the same breath as Dan Majerle, Brent Barry, and Lou Williams because "Manu is held to lower standards". Please. if that's not underrating Manu, I don't know what is. It's not like anyone is basing Manu's career off this one season.

Where is Dan Majerle's championship run? the guy averages 41% shooting in the playoffs, 11.7 ppg... Manu has had a much better career.

I mean, is this the same Lou Williams that averages 11 points in 30 playoff games? the guy who has only once scored 20 in the playoffs?

Going back to my earlier posts..... how can you say Manu is the very least not a top 10-20 shooting guard of all time? How is that not representative of what kind of player he is?

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Jordan
    Kobe
    West
    Gervin
    Drexler
    Maravich
    Iverson
    Havlicek
    Monroe
    Wade

Outside of that group, you start looking at guys like Sam Jones, Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Manu Ginobili and some others

what I'm wondering, how is that not part of an elite group of players?

Manu being "only a 6th man" or "only a role player" is a misconception.