Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: French Open 2012

Great matches from Federer and Djoker today.

Too bad either will lose badly to Nadal in the Final.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    My man Djokovic came out victor after yet another breathtakingly close game, he saved 4 match points to overcome the French giant who was at his best form I ever seen him.
    Djokovic never gives up
    Heart of a champion

   

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

that's also how i feel. i like rafael on a personal level, but dislike the hyperspin-game as a way to win matches. yet the hyperspin-game is probably how nadal is going to destroy roger or novak in the finals.

i hate to say this, but tennis would have been better without the spanish game. the rewards should have always gone towards the well-rounded game, not just in tennis but in all sports, generally.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    that's also how i feel. i like rafael on a personal level, but dislike the hyperspin-game as a way to win matches. yet the hyperspin-game is probably how nadal is going to destroy roger or novak in the finals.

i hate to say this, but tennis would have been better without the spanish game. the rewards should have always gone towards the well-rounded game, not just in tennis but in all sports, generally.
    by hyperspin do you mean the topspin?

nadal only puts slightly more spin on the ball than federer, I read an article where they tested the rotations they put on the ball.

Nadal will destroy them with his fitness and mental focus, and a little spin

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

Wish Del Potro's knee didn't bother him. Think he would have taken it.

As for Djoker, I think he can beat Nadal if he gets to the final, but I'm not sure if he can beat Rodger. The Nadal thing is simply due to the mental edge I think. Nadal has to be doubting himself a little every time he goes against Novak. Although it is clay, and well, that's the end of that.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    Wish Del Potro's knee didn't bother him. Think he would have taken it.

As for Djoker, I think he can beat Nadal if he gets to the final, but I'm not sure if he can beat Rodger. The Nadal thing is simply due to the mental edge I think. Nadal has to be doubting himself a little every time he goes against Novak. Although it is clay, and well, that's the end of that.
    Hasn't Nadal beaten Djoker in 2 finals on this clay tour?

   

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    by hyperspin do you mean the topspin?

nadal only puts slightly more spin on the ball than federer, I read an article where they tested the rotations they put on the ball.
    aye, topspin. the spanish game of extreme western grip with all the technique and muscle-regions developed to accentuate that approach.

i would heavily question any article you read that made it sound like nadal and federer were in the same territory on RPM. if you actually watch the matches, nadal is the one who puts ungodly focus on his topsin, from his ankles and his knees, following through to his hips and upper body. every article and every commentator i've ever heard / read has been unified on the RPM advantage and the strain that it produces on the joints. again, characteristic of the spanish game, if you follow tennis circles.

so again, that's why i think federer is the better player than nadal. his fitness and approach to the game is why he can continue playing the highest level of tennis in to his 30's. federer's game is the one we can all emulate, and that's my point. the only person i would advise to play like nadal is a testosterone-imbued maniac who planned on making a splash and flaming out early.

aye, topspin. the spanish game of extreme western grip with all the technique and muscle-regions developed to accentuate that approach.

i would heavily question any article you read that made it sound like nadal and federer were in the same territory on RPM. if you actually watch the matches, nadal is the one who puts ungodly focus on his topsin, from his ankles and his knees, following through to his hips and upper body. every article and every commentator i've ever heard / read has been unified on the RPM advantage and the strain that it produces on the joints. again, characteristic of the spanish game, if you follow tennis circles.

so again, that's why i think federer is the better player than nadal. his fitness and approach to the game is why he can continue playing the highest level of tennis in to his 30's. federer's game is the one we can all emulate, and that's my point. the only person i would advise to play like nadal is a [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Green"]testosterone-imbued maniac who planned on making a splash and flaming out early.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    I agree with this, when looking at the whole package

[COLOR="Green"]Nadal has been killing it for a long time, and I do watch a lot of his matches, has has proven that you can be the best player in the world playing his style[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    fed will release his asshole beast from within on djoker

here is a glimpse.
    who/what was he talking to there

Nadal got this man. Right now he has the edge over Djoko seeing as he beat him in two clay tournament finals before the Open. Idk if he has dropped a set, cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Numero 10
    Nadal got this man. Right now he has the edge over Djoko seeing as he beat him in two clay tournament finals before the Open. Idk if he has dropped a set, cant remember.
    Hasn't dropped a set and has lost less games so far in this french open than in any of his previous french opens, so in other words he is dominating the competition more so this year than any other year

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    Hasn't dropped a set and has lost less games so far in this french open than in any of his previous french opens, so in other words he is dominating the competition more so this year than any other year
    I would think it be nearly impossible to dominate more than what he's done already on clay. Dude is always takes a step further every year, (excluding his injury season of 2010).

Nadal

Good to see Nadal tested again... lol.

This court is far too slow. I watched him against Almagro and he was returning 215km/h serves like they were second serves. Not to mention I've seen a few shots I thought were instant winners, and somehow he chases them down.

It's not even so much that he's a better player, it's just that he's a far better athlete than everyone else. The more they slow down the courts, the more he'll win. It's a reason I find the French one of the most boring.

   

tested? my god... nadal destroyed ferrer 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.

tested? my god... nadal destroyed ferrer 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.
    I would have thought the sarcasm ringed through on that one. Particularly my comments following that one.