Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: French Open 2012

Djokovic vs Federer is much more entertaining.

That second set was the turning point, Fed broke him to go up 5-4 and serve for the set but Djokovic won three games and broke him twice then easily took the last set.

so they meet again. no way nadal loses the final again on his surface to nole 4 straight times in a gs final to complete thhe Nole slam. Nadal is well rested and prepared for this match more than ever. Nadal in 4.

Another match Federer just GIFTS to Djokovic. Not to take anything away from Djokovic though, he never goes away and grinds it out even if he isnt on the top of his game. Djokovic at least has a slim chance against Nadal, but I still don't see him coming close to beating him on clay. You never know though, those GS final loses might have some mental impact on Nadal if Djokovic goes up a break in the first set.

Will be tough tomorrow. Nadal is clear favorite here, but I still hope Novak takes it!

Nadal is on another level right now, looking as close to unbeatable as he ever has. I would be surprised if Djokovic wins a set on Sunday and shocked if he wins the match.

Nadal in 3 (6-4, 6-4, 6-3)

viva rafa!!! lets go nadal beat that annoying djoke

Djokovic has to be the most mentally tough player I've seen in any sport. Look at his run at the Australian Open. Federer having 2 match points against him. Saves both.
    Same thing happens here against Tsonga. Doesn't let it phase him. Goes down 3-0 in the second against Fed, and manages to break his serve 4 times in a row... I don't think that's ever happened to Fed since he started winning all those titles.

It's weird as well considering he's from the balkan area, and being from there myself, I know we're short tempered and it's not exactly our strong point. We usually get hot headed and say f*ck it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    Djokovic has to be the most mentally tough player I've seen in any sport. Look at his run at the Australian Open. Federer having 2 match points against him. Saves both.
    Same thing happens here against Tsonga. Doesn't let it phase him. Goes down 3-0 in the second against Fed, and manages to break his serve 4 times in a row... I don't think that's ever happened to Fed since he started winning all those titles.

It's weird as well considering he's from the balkan area, and being from there myself, I know we're short tempered and it's not exactly our strong point. We usually get hot headed and say f*ck it, lol.
    That's how Djokovic used to play, he's always had top level talent but his mental game suffered up until a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    That's how Djokovic used to play, he's always had top level talent but his mental game suffered up until a couple years ago.
    I actually think the turning point for him may have been at the US Open where he beat Federer in that epic 5 setter. He got crushed by Rafa in the final that year, but still, finally getting over the Federer hump, especially in the fashion that he did really seemed to have changed him and his attitude toward the sport. Since then he has made a number of impressive comebacks and hung in tough matches.

This has been a good tournament. I really hope Sharapova gets the win tomorrow. Been waiting a long time to see her win again. The only thing that has stopped her since her shoulder injury has been her serve. When her serve is on, she is unbeatable right now, IMO. The rest of her game is great (even her movement has been good, even in the FO).

I hope Nadal crushes Djoker on Sunday.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    I would have thought the sarcasm ringed through on that one. Particularly my comments following that one.
    TBH I wasn't paying much attention. Just read the result, looked slightly at the last post (yours) and duly opened my mouth. When's the last time something like that happened at ISH? :P

Wow, I hope Nole can pull out a set tomorrow. Or beating Nadal would be one of the greatest tennis accomplishments all-time... for several reasons. But how do you beat a demi-god high on nectar from Mount Olympus?

If there is a way of besating Nadal on clay at the moment, it's Novak who can do it. Go Nole!

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    If there is a way of besating Nadal on clay at the moment, it's Novak who can do it. Go Nole!
    Agreed. He would climb up the ranks of the all time greats. I mean, it would be the first player slam since Rod Laver. Just puts into perspective the level of tennis he's been playing. Hope he gets it for that reason alone.
    Plus I'm sick of seeing Nadal win there every single year.

Keep hitting it to his back hand, and it should go okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    I actually think the turning point for him may have been at the US Open where he beat Federer in that epic 5 setter. He got crushed by Rafa in the final that year, but still, finally getting over the Federer hump, especially in the fashion that he did really seemed to have changed him and his attitude toward the sport. Since then he has made a number of impressive comebacks and hung in tough matches.

This has been a good tournament. I really hope Sharapova gets the win tomorrow. Been waiting a long time to see her win again. The only thing that has stopped her since her shoulder injury has been her serve. When her serve is on, she is unbeatable right now, IMO. The rest of her game is great (even her movement has been good, even in the FO).

I hope Nadal crushes Djoker on Sunday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PufAQp99QU

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Interesting to actually hear him say it and talk about it. Crazy how just one moment like that can completely change a player's career. Now he is dominating and really plays like a veteran.