Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

I agree.... the only reason I could feasibly see anyone normal (as in not a collector) want to buy the Dynasty package is if they were already going to buy a pair of Skull Candy earbuds (retail around $30) and needed a basketball.

Banned

All of these features won't mean anything to me if we don't have sliders in My Player. I'm not buying it if we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    All of these features won't mean anything to me if we don't have sliders in My Player. I'm not buying it if we don't.
    Then people would abuse that to boost their my player big time. Only counter is if you touch sliders you earn less XP to improve your player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Then people would abuse that to boost their my player big time. Only counter is if you touch sliders you earn less XP to improve your player.
    Yeah but even if someone wanted to make the game really easy for themselves then that's their prerogative. We can do the same thing in Association: raise up our sliders and score 200+ points a game. The only thing that would change if someone did that in My Player is that instead of taking 4 months to be a 99 they take say 2 months. It's not like hacking where someone can change skill caps and stuff like that.

And if we don't have Crew then the fact that people would become better faster is really null and void.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

shouldn't matter. for a game that has pretty bad multiplayer (or none at all in certain modes) your singleplayer experience should be favored.

The whole purpose is to make My player a steady grind. Not make it easy to get to 99 before thanksgiving. I guess you guys missed that memo tho.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Some people want a different gameplay experience and play video games for casual enjoyment, so they'd enjoy playing at 99. others like switching them around and making "optimal" slider settings like the operationsports stuff we see every year.

it's just another small aspect of added gameplay. i'm sure plenty of people will never touch the sliders and play it out as a "steady grind" like you said.

Banned

The whole purpose is to make My player a steady grind. Not make it easy to get to 99 before thanksgiving. I guess you guys missed that memo tho.
    I'm not even one of those guys who raise everything up (except for fouls) but the bigger purpose is to provide an individual gameplay specific to each person. If someone wants it to be a steady grind, then they can adjust their sliders accordingly. If someone wants to win immediately, then they can just raise them up. If someone wants to change their own gameplay experience what's wrong with that?

Fair points.

Sliders in My Player are a must especially if the CPU makes 3-PTers like layups in 2k13 like in 2k12.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad

Oh wow, they added the Kobe face? I can't believe there are seriously people considering not buying this game. I haven't even played it yet and it's already 10 times better than 2k12

I started playing 2k11 last night and I was about to make a new my player because I was bored.. but I'm just gonna wait for the new my career mode on this one. No point spending time on my player if i'm just gonna drop it in 2 weeks anyways.

Banned

It would be cool if we could import our My Player's from the previous game. The only thing would be the rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    It would be cool if we could import our My Player's from the previous game. The only thing would be the rosters.
    I was thinking about that earlier.. I think the reason they don't allow it is because we would be skipping a lot of the new features they have been adding to the mode. Starting off with our old 99 overall players would also make it a lot easier to accumulate the gold or whatever we use to buy stuff in the mode.

I'd be all for it, but I understand why it probably won't happen.