Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Is the "LeBron's Teammates Suck" excuse in the making yet again?

If Bosh never came to this team, and it was just Lebron and Wade with Haslem being their starting PF, I'm pretty sure everyone would've still expected them to win multiple rings due to the greatness of Lebron and Wade. So no, I don't agree that its a valid excuse. I don't really believe it was even a valid excuse in his last year in Cleveland.

The only reason people think its a valid excuse now is cause there standards are much lower for some of you now with or without Bosh because they ended up losing last year, which can almost completely be blamed on Lebron and his choking.

College superstar

I was watching the game at the airport last night, and someone there put it best when Lebron made the pass to Haslem for the last shot of regulation.

"Lebron isn't a winner. Don't get me wrong, he can BALL, but he just isn't a winner."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    So, as long as a player puts up numbers, you cannot criticize his game in any way?
    But there is no valid reason to blame him for. What are we suppose to blame him for? For not averaging 45+ ppg? Basketball is a team game played by 5, not 1. There is only that much one individual can do.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    But there is no valid reason to blame him for. What are we suppose to blame him for? For not averaging 45+ ppg? Basketball is a team game played by 5, not 1. There is only that much one individual can do.
    Could it be possible that LeBron needs to adjust his game? I mean, things didn't work out in Cleveland, and the solution is what? To put another team around him in Miami while LeBron plays the exact same way?

People talk about how Anthony and other Cs on this Heat team are garbage. LeBron needs a better center. Okay, fine. Anthony takes 2 shots a game. Say they got Dalembert earlier in the season. How much better will he do than Anthony on 2 shots a game? He'll take more? Where will those come from? Would LeBron take fewer in a hypothetical scenario of having better teammates?

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

But honestly, dude is averaging almost a triple double with 30+ points. Its not like you can point the finger at him.

When he gets Bosh back healthy then that excuse isn't legit, but as long as Wade isn't performing and Bosh is out then that excuse is understandable. You have to understand that Miami is a unique team built in a very, very different way. They are one of the most top heavy teams in the history of the game and one injury to a star player changes the dynamic a whole lot. People need to take notice to things like that before playing the blame game. Blaming Lebron for Wade not playing up to standard and Bosh being out is just not fair.
    Almost a triple double?.... he's not even averaging 6 assists.....thats not almost a triple double and since when has almost counted.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    If Bosh never came to this team, and it was just Lebron and Wade with Haslem being their starting PF, I'm pretty sure everyone would've still expected them to win multiple rings due to the greatness of Lebron and Wade.
    Not with the role players they had, no.

More importantly, this is not really relevant. We have seen Miami on the court without Bosh, and they do not look like a contender. No team with a front line rotation of Joel Anthony, Haslem and Turiaf would. Miami's not underachieving out there without Bosh. This is how any team with a perimeter-led attack would look like without a decent big and below average role players.

The only reason people think its a valid excuse now is cause there standards are much lower
    Miami has been the predominant favorites for the title for much of this season. I don't think the standards have been lower at all. The standards were only lowered after Bosh went down. Rightfully so.

or without Bosh because they ended up losing last year, which can almost completely be blamed on Lebron and his choking.
    Yes, but the only reason LeBron's meltdown even mattered is because they were in a position to win - a position they would NOT have been in if Bosh wasn't there.

This is just getting sad now. Everybody can see that Miami simply doesn't have the talent without Bosh to be a legit contender, but they're so full of hatred, so eager to blame LeBron for something, that they'll just lie to themselves and pretend Miami should win because....I really, really dislike LeBron. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 06-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Miami is too top-heavy while the Cavs didn't have a legit 2nd option. I still think the last 2 cavs teams were constructed better than this Miami team. Lebron should have stuck it out in CLE and helped recruit Bosh/Amare.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Could it be possible that LeBron needs to adjust his game? I mean, things didn't work out in Cleveland, and the solution is what? To put another team around him in Miami while LeBron plays the exact same way?

People talk about how Anthony and other Cs on this Heat team are garbage. LeBron needs a better center. Okay, fine. Anthony takes 2 shots a game. Say they got Dalembert earlier in the season. How much better will he do than Anthony on 2 shots a game? He'll take more? Where will those come from? Would LeBron take fewer in a hypothetical scenario of having better teammates?
    Lebron fans would never admit that cuz then it would certainly mean he was never all that to begin with. Lebron needs to become the passer on this team, it's as simple as that. But doing so would mean forever eliminate him from the Jordan conversation. Magic and Jon Barry said the same thing after last year's Finals. SOMEBODY on this Heat team needs to become the passer. The sooner Lebron fans realize Lebron is more Karl Malone than Jordan, the better off they'll be.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Lebron fans would never admit that cuz then it would certainly mean he was never all that to begin with. Lebron needs to become the passer on this team, it's as simple as that. But doing so would mean forever eliminate him from the Jordan conversation. Magic and Jon Barry said the same thing after last year's Finals. SOMEBODY on this Heat team needs to become the passer. The sooner Lebron fans realize Lebron is more Karl Malone than Jordan, the better off they'll be.
    In what way is LeBron a Karl Marlone?

Local High School Star

Are we already forgetting last year's Finals against Dallas? He went away from his ''Lebron ball'' and let Wade be clear cut number 1 option and scorer. He was playing like a legit 2/3rd option. How it turned out?

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    In what way is LeBron a Karl Marlone?
    In that they both wilted under pressure and did not deliver when it counted.

And I grew up idolizing Malone.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Are we already forgetting last year's Finals against Dallas? He went away from his ''Lebron ball'' and let Wade be clear cut number 1 option and scorer. He was playing like a legit 2/3rd option. How it turned out?
    So, there's only one possible way for LeBron to adjust his game and it's to stop playing in the fourth?

Change his game? No, not really. Just better contribution from the rest of the guys when Bosh is out. Thats it. With Bosh there and healthy, they have no excuses. But for now, there is no front court.

Have you noticed how good they play when Wade is playing up to his standards? Lebron consistently gives you 30 ppg and when Wade does the same, Miami are very good. But when that's not happening, then they have problems. And Boston are smart, they've understood that Miami don't have enough when Wade is double teamed and Lebron is their only other option. They understand that this team is not good enough if both of them can't go hard the whole game.

Hopefully for them Wade can afford to have a 20 points in a game when Bosh comes back and offers you his 17-20 and his presence in the paint. With Bosh back it opens up the lanes for Lebron and Wade and if they continue to double team Wade then they'll pay for leaving Bosh and Lebron open.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Not with the role players they had, no.

More importantly, this is not really relevant. We have seen Miami on the court without Bosh, and they do not look like a contender. No team with a front line rotation of Joel Anthony, Haslem and Turiaf would. Miami's not underachieving out there without Bosh. This is how any team with a perimeter-led attack would look like without a decent big and below average role players.

Miami has been the predominant favorites for the title for much of this season. I don't think the standards have been lower at all. The standards were only lowered after Bosh went down. Rightfully so.

Yes, but the only reason LeBron's meltdown even mattered is because they were in a position to win - a position they would NOT have been in if Bosh wasn't there.

This is just getting sad now. Everybody can see that Miami simply doesn't have the talent without Bosh to be a legit contender, but they're so full of hatred, so eager to blame LeBron for something, that they'll just lie to themselves and pretend Miami should win because....I really, really dislike LeBron. Pathetic.
    I'm not saying the standards aren't deservingly lower for this team since Bosh went out. They are. I'm saying that the standards were already lower for this team then they originally were with Bosh. They went from a team that could potentially win 70+ games and 3-6 titles to a team that would lose to the deeper Bulls or more experienced Celtics. Then they beat them and everyone's expectations went up again and they thought the title was a given, then Lebron completely choked. Now they are considered a team that would be lucky enough to win 1 title. Now if people's expectations didn't become lower with Bosh, they wouldn't be this low without him.

Lebron is one of the greatest talents ever. Even if he was only teaming up with Wade, those two were pretty much considered 2 of the top 3 players in the league. Thats enough for people to say the exact same thing. All this is proving is that neither Lebron or Wade are really as great as people say i.e. on the Jordan/Magic/Bird level. And I don't understand why you are defending this. Aren't you the one that goes on and on about how much Lebron sucks nowadays?

Change his game? No, not really.
    So, three superstars team up on a new team, and two of them are required to make adjustments but one of them is supposed to play the exact same way as before? Basically, Bosh ought to become Sideshow Bob and Wade ought to become Mo Williams.