Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Adbloock<3

Default Re: Moving to the US in less than 2 months! Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Jonas is 6'10.. I don't know him personally but I know his sister pretty well.

I've played against him in the 2nd division in Sweden, he was crazy good. I've been searching for the boxscore but I can't find it. No one back then would ever guess that he'd be an NBA roleplayer, none.
    Hard work pays off. How old are you btw?

I'm white and blonde and I'm 6'6-6'7.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    From Sweden to Texas. It's like going from the Jetsons to the Flintstones.
    .. no.

Unless you admit that being modern does not necessarily mean being more evolved.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Hard work pays off. How old are you btw?
    Yeah, for sure.

I'm 2 years younger than Jonas, I'm born in 89.

The funny thing about Jonas is that he wasn't considered to be the biggest talent in his age, a guy called Rudy Mbemba was.

Rudy was going to be drafted in 08 but the guy is an ass, his ego was too big for his own good and he withdrew because he thought he was too good for the 2nd round. And today he's undrafted and he's still stuck in the swedish league, obviously he's dominating but everytime I see him I just see a man who failed big time.

But neither Jonas or Rudy are the best in Sweden, Jeff Taylor is and he's my former teammate and he's going to be drafted this year. We had one game plan while growing up, pass Jeff and let him do his thing. He plays for Vandy now and he left us and Sweden years ago to play HS ball in New Mexico. He's amazing, you could tell that he's going to be something special, and the best of all, the guy is one of the most humble and nice persons I know.

Adbloock<3

Yeah, for sure.

I'm 2 years younger than Jonas, I'm born in 89.

The funny thing about Jonas is that he wasn't considered to be the biggest talent in his age, a guy called Rudy Mbemba was.

Rudy was going to be drafted in 08 but the guy is an ass, his ego was too big for his own good and he withdrew because he thought he was too good for the 2nd round. And today he's undrafted and he's still stuck in the swedish league, obviously he's dominating but everytime I see him I just see a man who failed big time.

But neither Jonas or Rudy are the best in Sweden, Jeff Taylor is and he's my former teammate and he's going to be drafted this year. We had one game plan while growing up, pass Jeff and let him do his thing. He plays for Vandy now and he left us and Sweden years ago to play HS ball in New Mexico. He's amazing, you could tell that he's going to be something special, and the best of all, the guy is one of the most humble and nice persons I know.
    Didn't Jeff play in the game where they won over Kentucky this year?

Saw him playing some games this year and I'm really impressed by his athleticism, I guees you can expect some free tickets this coming season.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Didn't Jeff play in the game where they won over Kentucky this year?

Saw him playing some games this year and I'm really impressed by his athleticism, I guees you can expect some free tickets this coming season.
    He did, and he put up 18 points and 11 rebounds.

Yeah, he s crazy athletic, but he's always been an athletic freak, even when we were young he was outjumping everyone and guy's much taller than him.

But seriously, he really deserves it, he is a hard worker and he is one of the most humble and kind persons I've met which is very rare when you're talking about ballers.

Last time he was in Sweden we played some games and some of us at least play in the swedish league, but he was just abusing everyone that it got silly, haha...

NBA rookie of the year

Guys, how much do you college students waste on monthly basis? I mean everything included, rent too.

Will 1500 dollars per month do it for me?

How hot is her sister?Are you planning to join the NBA D-league draft?

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Went to Texas A&M for four years and I can tell you that I never saw one single vegan or vegetarian restaurant during my time there. You're going to have to eat meat. That's how it is. And 6'6"-6'7" swedish blonde dude? Yeah, you'll pull ***** no problem. Just have to find the right girls willing to do it.

Just be friendly dude. The fact that you're swedish will have people wanting to talk to you and wanting to take you out (if you're cool and not weird). You'll probably see some weird shit like a zombies game (really weird dude). Just ignore that shit. And honestly, that's probably more prevalent on my part of the campus, the engineering part unfortunately.

Rent should be pretty cheap. I would try to stay as close to campus as possible (or on campus). Like walking distance or biking distance. Preferably the north gate side because then you'll be walking distance to north gate as well.

Going to A&M football games is a necessity. I would hurry up on that option ASAP since they'll probably be sold out soon.

http://sports-admin.tamu.edu/mysportspass/

Looks like you'll have to get a three game pass.
    Last edited by Balla_Status; 06-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Start worshipping the collie and always remember to say Texas Fight!

You and Goran Dragic will be great friends.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    Start worshipping the collie and always remember to say Texas Fight!
    Yep. And you can take pride in never having to be OU or UT's [COLOR="Black"]bi[/COLOR]tch like the rest of the Big 12 is.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Millwad do you know Gadefors ? He signed with Radnicki in 2010 and left in middle of this season , I think you are same age sa him .

NBA rookie of the year

Will I be considered "cool" if I do this dance at Campus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSEqCARuFA

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Millwad do you know Gadefors ? He signed with Radnicki in 2010 and left in middle of this season , I think you are same age sa him .
    Gaddefors was a late bloomer, he wasn't that good when we were younger but he grew crazy much and over basically no time got really skilled. Don't know him but I've met him, basketball runs in the family, his dad is pretty well-known in basketball Sweden. I always got the impression that the guy is dorky.