Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

And I am not joking.

Twitter + SportsCenter + ESPN.COM and today's media, along with the fact that Lebron is simply a cartoon like villain in the media today equals pressure that has never been seen before.

And Lebron responded like a champ.

And I said modern sports because I guess back in the day, a Gladiator or bull fighter or something might have faced death in their "sport". And that's kind of pressure packed if you ask me.

Default Re: Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

Twitter? Really?

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Default Re: Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

i agree that this game was one of the most important games in his career. he just needs to keep this mentality and attitude up if he wants to win a chip

Dunking on everybody in the park

The pressure isn't actually physically there.

It's only there if you think it is, so you don't know how much pressure he was actually under.

But it was a really important game and he played very well!

haven't seen anyone face this much pressure since Rocky fought Ivan Drago

Its a Game 6. Of the Eastern Conference Finals.

This is not the biggest game of his career. Game 7 won't be either. He did not face tons of pressure tonight.

he faced more pressure in several of the games in the finals

nonetheless, epic performance from Bron, coming up huge is a career shaping game

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Twitter. #YouKnowSheWantsTheDickWhen

Decent college freshman

My first reaction was to call this overreaction thread of the night #1, but I really can't think of any athlete who has received more scrutiny playing in a bigger game in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Twitter? Really?
    Yes, Twitter, along with the internet in general and places like this where you are at currently as you are reading this.

Boston needed 47 free throws to negate what he did tonight...

Yeah he faced a lot of pressure, and responded very well - but most in modern era? Hell no. This isn't even the Finals, it's just the ECF. Miami just let Lebron do him in the first half while doing the dirty work like rebounding. Then all chipped in when Lebron came back down to Earth. Wade, Chalmers, Haslem all had very solid games.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    My first reaction was to call this overreaction thread of the night #1, but I really can't think of any athlete who has received more scrutiny playing in a bigger game in a long time.
    Try to name one, besides Lebron himself.

I'll be waiting.

What an overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Yes, Twitter, along with the internet in general and places like this where you are at currently as you are reading this.
    Yeah say that. Because I don't think Athletes worry too much about twitter wars after a big loss.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

People crack on on Lebrons' hairline, but think about how much stress this guy is under lol.

I bet most people would be bald by now, with the type of scrutiny this guy gets.