Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728
    I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley Fight Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    he tries his best to make valid points and often does, but he cant hide his mayweather bias and theres nothing wrong with that because we all have one. It happens with basketball, we can try to talk about other teams without our homer glasses but there will always be traces of it in your opinion
    he's either a pac hater and/or mayweather nthugger who happens to know a lot about boxing. thats what i think after seeing his boxing posts the past 2 years or so.

these days he's trying to make it look like he's only after bob arum

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    he's either a pac hater and/or mayweather nthugger who happens to know a lot about boxing. thats what i think after seeing his boxing posts the past 2 years or so.

these days he's trying to make it look like he's only after bob arum
    Didn't he agree that Bradley lost? How does that make him a Pac hater considering that? Perhaps if anything he and I are just more cynical than the rest of you and we have seen far greater robberies than this match so we are less up and arms than casual boxing fans and hard core Pac fans. Pac himself seems far less up in arms than his fans so that should tell you it isn't even close to one of the worst robberies of even the last decade. If anything he is probably relaxed knowing he'll get another payday with Bradley and know doubt will have a last bout with his nemesis before closing his career hopefully with Mayweather.

Again, the real winner could easily be determined:

Just get the video and watch every punch in slow motion and score it from there.

The evidence is there. Anyone with a laptop and the knowledge how to score punches correctly can do it. But we'd rather argue from ignorance.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Didn't he agree that Bradley lost?
    Not good enough. Has to be the worst robbery ever or you are a biased idiot.

You just don't get it, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Not good enough. Has to be the worst robbery ever or you are a biased idiot.

You just don't get it, do you?
    No kidding. Feel like I'm back on eastsideboxing I guess you have to be a Flomo or Pactard here as well. No room for anything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    No kidding. Feel like I'm back on eastsideboxing I guess you have to be a Flomo or Pactard here as well. No room for anything in between.
    That's why maxboxing has always been my goto forums for boxing talk. Pretty informed boxing discussions across the board, regardless of the topic or who is involved.

I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Love the Pac fans crying and doing everything they can to defend him. I know two things:

1) Floyd has never been knocked out by some nobodies.

2) Floyd didn't barely skate by and/or lose his past two fights.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid d-bags.
    Koolaid? Why don't you wipe that Mayweather Milk mustache off your face? Why are you bringing up your god? What does Floyd have to do with this fight? This thread is about the Manny vs Tim fight. Keep that Pacman Mayweather crap on the other million threads on those two where you can slurp away.

While you guys argue whether or not this was simply a bad decision (my stance) or an alltime robbery, something that I have been noting for some time is HBO -- most notably Jim Lampley -- and their undeniable bias and favoritism of Manny Pacquiao, regardless of who he is fighting, how he performs or what his opponent is doing.

Full disclosure... I don't dislike Manny Pacquiao. In fact, during the first two Marquez fights, and his fights with Morales and Barrera, I rooted for Pac almost completely across the board.

Before most general sports fans and all but a handful of posters on ISH had any idea who Pacquiao was, I was touting him as a great up-and-coming fighter that people should be paying more attention to.

Yes, I'm also a fan of Floyd Mayweather Jr. I love his technical brilliance in the ring, but I never disliked Manny Pacquiao, even when they were going through their negotiations and there was that whole war in the media.

I never once blamed Pacquiao for any of that. Bob Arum? Different story... But, you don't have to be a fan of Bob Arum to appreciate Manny Pacquiao, which I always have and always will. I disliked Arum long before Pac came along and I'll dislike him long after he retires. The guy is an untrustworthy, lying snake and I've always felt he has been bad for boxing, both fans and fighters.

With all of that said, allow me to return to my initial statement... HBO and most notably Jim Lampley have gone off the rails. Biased commentating really bothers me, possibly because I am a professional journalist who has worked in sports and it is counter to everything that I've ever been taught in the field. Maybe it is just because biased commentating can (and does) distract the viewer from what is actually happening in the ring.

Regardless of the reason, suffice to say that I hate it... And I don't care whether it favors Pac, May or Ward.

It has gotten so bad for Pacquiao that it is almost unwatchable and HBO should really step in and replace these guys for Pac fights if they have any journalistic standards at all.

While I've ranted against this for some time, someone over on MaxBoxing.com took the extra effort and put together a video highlighting what has become a far too predictable narrative fed by HBO...

Boxing: A Tale of HBO nuthuggery

Note: This is not about who won the fight or how bad the decision was... It is about the worst commentating team in all of sports. The guy who put it together thought Pac won the fight. It isn't about that.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
    I don't want to some very rude, but you need to shut your mouth if you don't know anything about boxing. It was not a close fight. Pacquiao won 8 rounds againts Bradley. It was a bigger robbery than the Mayweather and Castillo I fight.

Just stop acting like you know anything about boxing. You don't have an uncle that's a former professional boxer. Pacquiao landed more punches than Bradley. He deserves to win the fight.
    You are so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
    You don't know $hit about boxing. Last week I am starting to finally respect you, but you are an acting like a diva in the NBA forum. I want to see a new set of moderators in the main NBA forum. You are now way past your prime.
    Again. Weird.

The Answer

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Again. Weird.

Can we all get along? I am sorry RBA.

shhhhhhh

Bump for nostalgia