Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers offering Gasol for a top 10 pick & a player.

If Lakers fans think Gasol is "soft" what are they going to think of Bargs?
    If Lakers fans think Sessions is a bad defender, what are they going to think of Calderon?

I don't know why the Lakers are continually determined to shop Pau Gasol, who despite many acting like he's terrible, is a top 5-7 PF in the NBA IMO (and PF is probably the deepest position right now, with PG being the only debatable position in terms of depth). How many better PF's can you name? Not many better than Pau IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    If Lakers fans think Gasol is "soft" what are they going to think of Bargs?
    If Lakers fans think Sessions is a bad defender, what are they going to think of Calderon?

I don't know why the Lakers are continually determined to shop Pau Gasol, who despite many acting like he's terrible, is a top 5-7 PF in the NBA IMO (and PF is probably the deepest position right now, with PG being the only debatable position in terms of depth). How many better PF's can you name? Not many better than Pau IMO.
    Andrea is fragile sure, but he's more aggressive on a regular basis than Pau. Atleast from what I've seen of him in the last two years where I've grown to love him as a player, and grown to hate Pau Gasol. And if the idea of trading for him and Howard... A Bargs/Howard combo would be ideal really.

And I don't know what you've been watching. But Pau gasol has been an abysmal player for the last two years. He's useless to this Lakers team, on both ends of the floor, and he's made it clear that he won't be producing as much as he did in his championship years so they might aswell dump 20 mil something and 32 year old sorry ass somewhere else and get pieces to still contend with Kobe and maybe even beyong his retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Andrea is fragile sure, but he's more aggressive on a regular basis than Pau. Atleast from what I've seen of him in the last two years where I've grown to love him as a player, and grown to hate Pau Gasol. And if the idea of trading for him and Howard... A Bargs/Howard combo would be ideal really.

And I don't know what you've been watching. But Pau gasol has been an abysmal player for the last two years. He's useless to this Lakers team, on both ends of the floor, and he's made it clear that he won't be producing as much as he did in his championship years so they might aswell dump 20 mil something and 32 year old sorry ass somewhere else and get pieces to still contend with Kobe and maybe even beyong his retirement.
    At least Pau can get rebounds. LOL @ abysmal player, come on now.

Considering what he is capable of, yes he's been abysmal. He limits himself, and in return he sabotages a Lakers team that is more than a 2nd round knockoff two years in a row if he actually gives two shits and a cracker.

I do like his team defense though...

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

wilted in the playoffs....2 years in a row.
    was literally afraid to shoot against his fellow countryman.

Considering what he is capable of, yes he's been abysmal. He limits himself, and in return he sabotages a Lakers team that is more than a 2nd round knockoff two years in a row if he actually gives two shits and a cracker.
    I still say keep gasol. Atleast he helped win 2 chips. Bynum's azz on the other hand....

Ok, he's underpeformed. I'm just saying, don't act like he's a bad player. Not seeing how Bargs is an upgrade. Sure you get a 3PT shooter, but Pau is still far better than Bargs.

Banned

At least in my case, I hope he gets traded but not because he isnt good. Its because his time of being a game changer has passed. He contributes but theres no fight left in him. He feels like a player going through the motions and not trying to excel or get to a higher level of play. The first few seasons as a Laker you could tell that he was focus and looking to improve in order to win big. Now he plays great and is efficient but he wont make your team rise to the next level.

The Lakers and Gasol have reached a point where growth together has reached its peak. So each would do well in making a change. Im sure that Gasol would benefit from a change. His being traded would motivate him and allow him to refocus on the goal of winning. The Lakers would then receive some new blood in the trade and get players that will be looking to cement their own winning legacy.

Basically whether we like it or not, progression is now stagnant and motivation to win is passe.

Lakers need a major shake up to renew the winning goal and to refocus the journey of climbing the mountain, like when Gasol was traded to the Lakers and Bynum was doing well.. it was the new feeling of success that started the motivational sparks.

Ok, he's underpeformed. I'm just saying, don't act like he's a bad player. Not seeing how Bargs is an upgrade. Sure you get a 3PT shooter, but Pau is still far better than Bargs.
    You'll get a more aggressive scorer. Someone who compliments Howard and can actually function in Brown's offense, and out of it with Kobe. That in return can do more wonders than what Gasol has done the past two seasons.

Lets just say that Andrea's pump fake and drive will be more deadly than Gasol's pump fake, pass and then disappear beyond the three point line.

Raptors would never trade Bargs and the 8th....it's either something like Calderon Kleiza and the 8th........or Bargs Calderon and Ed Davis for Gasol

You'll get a more aggressive scorer. Someone who compliments Howard and can actually function in Brown's offense, and out of it with Kobe. That in return can do more wonders than what Gasol has done the past two seasons.

Lets just say that Andrea's pump fake and drive will be more deadly than Gasol's pump fake, pass and then disappear beyond the three point line.
    Funny way to spell Bynum. Unless you actually think the Lakers will get Dwight

Funny way to spell Bynum. Unless you actually think the Lakers will get Dwight
    I don't know if you got this but... This is all speculation...

But DAMN. Andrea/Bynum would be kickass too. Same shit. Two players who compliment each other, work well within Brown's offense and out of it with Kobe. Not much difference, would like more assets in a deal if that's the case. Just Howard is better.

I don't know if you got this but... This is all speculation...

But DAMN. Andrea/Bynum would be kickass too. Same shit. Two players who compliment each other, work well within Brown's offense and out of it with Kobe. Not much difference, would like more assets in a deal if that's the case. Just Howard is better.
    Why don't you take LeBron James and Chris Paul while you're at it? Then you can get Kevin Love!

Sorry for being snarky, Batz, since you're a good poster, just a little bemused by Lakers fans screaming for parity in the NBA (not you other Lakers fans) and then expecting to get D12 and Dwill

Why don't you take LeBron James and Chris Paul while you're at it? Then you can get Kevin Love!
    Did you get lost or do you just love not to contribute to civil discussions?

Did you get lost or do you just love not to contribute to civil discussions?
    I edited my post