Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    O-Qua Tangin Wann

Default Re: Lakers offering Gasol for a top 10 pick & a player.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Why don't you take LeBron James and Chris Paul while you're at it? Then you can get Kevin Love!

Sorry for being snarky, Batz, since you're a good poster, just a little bemused by Lakers fans screaming for parity in the NBA (not you other Lakers fans) and then expecting to get D12 and Dwill

talking about getting Bargnani/Dwight is different than talking about getting Deron/Dwight.

not sure why you're attacking Batz

Lakers want MKG

I edited my post
    Yeah I still don't get why you had throw out such aberrations when I justified that even if Howard isn't in the discussion - Andrea/Bynum would pair more ideally than that of Pau/Bynum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Lakers want MKG
    I think the lowest he falls is 4 to the cavs so if they want MKG that WAS deal is possible.

College star

If Lakers fans think Gasol is "soft" what are they going to think of Bargs?
    If Lakers fans think Sessions is a bad defender, what are they going to think of Calderon?

I don't know why the Lakers are continually determined to shop Pau Gasol, who despite many acting like he's terrible, is a top 5-7 PF in the NBA IMO (and PF is probably the deepest position right now, with PG being the only debatable position in terms of depth). How many better PF's can you name? Not many better than Pau IMO.
    Nothing is ever that black and white in sports, particularly roster management.

Like I said in one of my posts, Gasol and Bynum, aside from their individual talent, have a synergy together on the court that is admirable. The tandem is not the reason the Lakers have been left home watching the finals for the lady two years (though, they certainly didn't help the cause either, in both the Dallas series in 2011 and OKC series this year.)

HOWEVER. With that said. A team with no cap room, and only 3 legit pieces to trade - one being the franchise player and the common denominator to all of the organizations last 7 Finals appearances - has to make tough decisions in order to improve. Meaning, it's either stay stagnant with that Top 5 PF, or move him for pieces that otherwise would be unattainable.

Still, even more dumb than staying pat with their roster would be making lateral moves in the spirit of, making lateral moves. If the Lakers want to assemble a team worthy of Top 3 status next year, they have to develop a comprehensive plan. One or two moved isn't going to cut it, this isn't 2008. They need to be committed to acquiring a mix of star, moderate, and cheap talent, in a highly efficient way, if they want to be in the WCF next year.

Also, all things considered. Bargnani and Calderon very well might be better for the Lakers than Gasol and Sessions. Gasol (not sure about Sessions after this past postseaon) is better than Bargs, but for the team? Bynum needs a stretch 4 that is a threat from the outside to succeed. Turning Gasol into a jumpshooter only hurt him this past season. They should focus on a player whose naturally habitat IS the outside perimeter, and that's why Bargnani makes sense, and I've been saying it for months.

I'll say this. As much as you Lakers fans catch flack around here, it truly must be a trying time. You guys are so close, yet so far away. If Buss Sr. was still calling the shots then I'd see reason to be more confident. But Jim Buss is a stubborn idiot. The only thing worst than an idiot is a stubborn idiot. All of his moves thusfar have reeked of mediocrity, including hiring the offensively challenged Mike Brown. It's not too late to turn the ship around, but this team's forseeable future as champions again lay with Kobe, whether the ISH maniacs claiming he's "not even top 30 All Time" claim (that poster deserved to have his account deactivated : ). When Kobe slips out of the Top 10 current players list, so too will the Lakers chances of winning. So, the front office has 2, MAYBE 3 summers at best to put something together.

And trading for a rookie isn't exactly going to help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Yeah I still don't get why you had throw out such aberrations when I justified that even if Howard isn't in the discussion - Andrea/Bynum would pair more ideally than that of Pau/Bynum.
    Sorry, I'm just feeling exasperated with ISH lately lol. You're right, but I can't see the majority of Lakers fans being pleased with Bargnani's style of play. Josh Smith on the other hand...

Sorry, I'm just feeling exasperated with ISH lately lol. You're right, but I can't see the majority of Lakers fans being pleased with Bargnani's style of play. Josh Smith on the other hand...
    Understandable... I guess.

Josh Smith is an iffy direction to go to. If it's just a Smith for Pau trade and eventually the re-addition of Sessions, there isn't much of an upside here. Alot of the problems the Lakers have faced the past two seasons have been due to the offensive meltdowns and inconsistencies. Although Josh's athleticism and youth add a nice touch to a team that's lacking in such an area, and his passing is gratifying, but he doesn't do much for an already crippled offense.

His shooting has always been questionable, definitely more than that of Gasol's. So he doesn't compliment Bynum in anyway, or Howard if the Lakers end up retrieving him (rage). The offense that Mike Brown has been so devotedly and incautiously been integrating this season doesn't fit Josh's strengths, and I really don't envision him being much of a productive player around Bryant.

It's an upgrade, but not so much to say the least. Not from what I see. He adds highly to the defense and rebounding, but again, that's not the focus of this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Understandable... I guess.

Josh Smith is an iffy direction to go to. If it's just a Smith for Pau trade and eventually the re-addition of Sessions, there isn't much of an upside here. Alot of the problems the Lakers have faced the past two seasons have been due to the offensive meltdowns and inconsistencies. Although Josh's athleticism and youth add a nice touch to a team that's lacking in such an area, and his passing is gratifying, but he doesn't do much for an already crippled offense.

His shooting has always been questionable, definitely more than that of Gasol's. So he doesn't compliment Bynum in anyway, or Howard if the Lakers end up retrieving him (rage). The offense that Mike Brown has been so devotedly and incautiously been integrating this season doesn't fit Josh's strengths, and I really don't envision him being much of a productive player around Bryant.

It's an upgrade, but not so much to say the least. Not from what I see. He adds highly to the defense and rebounding, but again, that's not the focus of this off-season.
    Oh yeah I spoke without considering Smith's propensity for taking 3s He is actually a pretty good midrange shooter though. Are Lakers still trying to get Kyle Lowry and/or Beasley?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

If it was simply a matter of Bargs, then you are correct.
    Hoever, Bargs may be the perfect compliment to Dwight Howard. And that could be very very interesting.

Oh yeah I spoke without considering Smith's propensity for taking 3s He is actually a pretty good midrange shooter though. Are Lakers still trying to get Kyle Lowry and/or Beasley?
    I don't know. From what I've heard, Houston's plan B is to trade for Gasol. I don't know if Lakers are in for that just yet. Beasley? Unless the words TPE are involved, I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    If it was simply a matter of Bargs, then you are correct.
    Hoever, Bargs may be the perfect compliment to Dwight Howard. And that could be very very interesting.
    And adding someone like Calderon... well jizz till next june my friend.

The Lakers are delusional if they think they will get that kind of a return for Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    The Lakers are delusional if they think they will get that kind of a return for Gasol.
    probably so

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Kyrie and the 4th... get it done, Mitch!

as a cavs fan i wouldn't do that trade for anyone in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    as a cavs fan i wouldn't do that trade for anyone in the league.
    I think you might be overrating Kyrie a bit then.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KBryant24
    i want the washington rumor
    blatche/ariza/3rd pick
    give me barnes or rivers

then go through with the mo williams rumor
    mo will
    kobe
    ariza
    blatche
    bynum

with barnes or rivers off the bench

rivers at third?