Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,115

    Default I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfV68jgOnI


    Now I'm not saying he's going to be a hit but if he is, the league better watch out!!! Unbelievable confidence. He's saying these things with a straight face, too. lol

  2. #2
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    194

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    more of cockiness to me. He doesn't look serious or he mean it at all saying that.

  3. #3
    College star
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    doesn't matter cavs will be irreverent, another losing season and another year in hopes of drafting another lebron to carry the franchise.

  4. #4
    NBA Legend pauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17,812

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    I can have Jordans confidence to, but i could never have his game... optimism is good and all, but...

  5. #5
    NBA Legend dunksby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,885

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    The catch here is that you are either MJ or just another dumass cocky scrub.

  6. #6
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,786

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Guy wasn't even the best guard on his own team

  7. #7
    Knicks 2015 Champs MeLO MvP 15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,660

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Funny because to some it's confidence while to others it's cockiness. Considering he's been known to have attitude problems, I'm going with the latter.

  8. #8
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,115

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan


  9. #9
    I own a KCP jersey AirTupac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,671

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I can have Jordans confidence to, but i could never have his game... optimism is good and all, but...
    You can have Jordan's body, skill and IQ and you'd still be taking it in the ass from LeBron

  10. #10
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,115

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    This is D-Wait making other draft prospects look like statues lol

  11. #11
    Go Gators Peteballa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    2,273

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Dion Waiters, the future G.O.A.T

    We can not hope to stop him, only to contain him.

  12. #12
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Guy wasn't even the best guard on his own team
    The absolute best thing about ISH is that 98% of the posters don't know as much about b-ball as a high school team manager, yet some of them make comments like this.

    It's 100% accurate to say this is a risky pick, but DWait was so highly rated by so many professionals - yet he's not the best guard on his team? What a crack up. 4 Time NBA Champion Byron Scott - who has also coached two franchises to NBA Finals, demanded that Chris Grant get this kid. College basektball Dan Dakich has been raving about him since the pick last night. Despite the fact that DWait was the highest rated basket attacker in the draft, the best one on one player in the draft, and the player "most likely to become a superstar", we have someone who says he wasn't the best guard on his team. Amazing if this fact was actually believed.

  13. #13
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,786

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    The absolute best thing about ISH is that 98% of the posters don't know as much about b-ball as a high school team manager, yet some of them make comments like this.

    It's 100% accurate to say this is a risky pick, but DWait was so highly rated by so many professionals - yet he's not the best guard on his team? What a crack up. 4 Time NBA Champion Byron Scott - who has also coached two franchises to NBA Finals, demanded that Chris Grant get this kid. College basektball Dan Dakich has been raving about him since the pick last night. Despite the fact that DWait was the highest rated basket attacker in the draft, the best one on one player in the draft, and the player "most likely to become a superstar", we have someone who says he wasn't the best guard on his team. Amazing if this fact was actually believed.
    It was a joke.

    I'm confident that I've seen more Syracuse games than you this season and there's no way this guy should have been a top 5 pick. The cavs didn't even have him in for a workout.

  14. #14
    Out here Pushxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    5,473

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Yeah...Jordan Crawford said he will be the GOAT and look how that turned out:

    "...I feel like I can be better than Michael Jordan," Crawford said, without the slightest hint of sarcasm. "When I'm done playing, I don't want people to say, Michael Jordan is the best player. I want that to be me. That's how I am. That's how I was built."

    Um, what? You realize people will look at you sideways and think you're crazy for saying that, right?

    "Yeah, I know that, I definitely know that. But I'm not settling for anything less," Crawford said. "I feel like I'm better than him, anyway..."

  15. #15
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: I've never seen a rookie this confident since a rookie Michael Jordan

    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    It was a joke.

    I'm confident that I've seen more Syracuse games than you this season and there's no way this guy should have been a top 5 pick. The cavs didn't even have him in for a workout.
    My apologies Insecure; I try not to be an ass on here.

    Not true about SU. Been a fan since 1980 with guys like Eric Santifer, Leo Rautins, Sherm Douglas, Stevie Thompson, Rony Sikaly, Pearl Washington, Brandon Triche all the way up to current day. I watched them on ESPN in 1980 vs. Michigan in an NIT game. 30,000 + fans at the dome rocked; been hooked ever since. Don't miss a telecast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •