Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: KG reups with Boston for 3 years...

Overall this is a great move if Allen comes back or if they get someone adequate to replace Allen. I feel the Celtics can make one more good push if they're all healthy. Hopefully Jared Sullinger will be a sleeper pick and have an impact similar to maybe DeJuan Blair or maybe better?

We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    I don't believe Ainge wants Ray Allen back. He tried to trade him at the deadline, and Boston has shown interest in Mayo, and Jamal Crawford. They want to go younger in the backcourt.
    Wait....KG/Pierce/Allen are allowed to be on separate teams?

Arcadia, CA

damn....................KG making that dough. Not so sure about this for the celtics

Lebronyte Kryptonite

If the rumors about his knee(s) are true, then I don't see how this helps Boston in the long run. IMO, they would be better served looking for a backup to KG at this point.

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    I bet the 3rd is team option...buy just like kobe's ...this is a thank u deal

They will give same deal to ray allen
    Ray made 10M last year, I doubt they give him 10M again. My guess is 2 yr/12-18M deal

3 years? I was thinking his body would give up during the 82 game season next year... Unless Doc uses a Tim Duncan resting approach with him. Very surprising.

Good High School Starter

Unless Garnett plans on playing the Center position the entire length of that deal, that contract is going to be regrettable.

I am your soldier!

Super conflicted.

I'm ecstatic, I f*cking love KG. He's one of my favorite players ever, and he's going to keep playing!

... But 3 years, 11 mill a year? I think two years would be enough and a team option on year 3 would be good.

I'm curious about who else they're going to pick up. I really hope they grab another big. Still hoping for Javale McGee.

Good for boston.

One good thing is, we all know they have excellent wheelchairs in Boston.....

Quote Originally Posted by Faberg
    Unless Garnett plans on playing the Center position the entire length of that deal, that contract is going to be regrettable.
    At some point (maybe later rather than sooner) Fab Melo will be the starting center, IMO.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Troutfisch's Avatar

If that's the final number, you gotta believe KG wanted more which shows a little selfishness on his part. At this stage in his career he should realize that loyalty means sacrificing a bit on both sides.

This will only hurt Boston in the long run but Garnett could have another banner year next year so we'll see if they have another run in them without Ray Allen...yeah, I still think he's leaving.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Still can't beat the Champs.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

First of all I am thrilled that KG isn't retiring. He is the soul of the team and Celtics have no chance to be a contender without him! Also his presence will have a tremendous impact on Sullinger and Fab Melo!

2 year deal would have been perfect as he can ride out his contract with Pierce but well...

20/10 DPOY anchor deserves 10 mln. and more, but I'm also surprised about 3 years. 1-2 years deal would seem optimal, for both sides.

Shaq said Garnett was contemplating retiring for a couple of years now, due to intense pain, and he gets pain treatment before each game for a couple of hours (reminds me of Bird). Maybe he is feeling better lately? His improved game suggests it.

In any case, I'm glad KG isnt retiring yet, he still has some basketball left in him, hope Timmy follows the suit