Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore Mirko Cro Cop's Avatar

Default What is with this notion that Kobe is better than Jordan or even comes close?

I see it all the time, Kobe fans will usually never say it straight up...that Kobe > MJ but will always give this condescending attitude towards MJ whenever Kobe is mentioned in the same sentence and will ALWAYS make a comparison remark between the two that favors Kobe.

"Kobe was a better 3 pt shooter"
    "but Kobe had 7 finals appearances over MJ's 6"
    "Kobe played against better teams!"

What reason is there to proclaim Kobe as if he's even near MJ in anything involving production and career accomplishments? Jordan was literally better at everything, he completely rapes Kobe on the stat sheet, outdid him in the awards lists, and was way more dominating on the court in terms of actual effectiveness. I love Kobe but some of his fans on here are just living in another world, get real.

Default Re: What is with this notion that Kobe is better than Jordan or even comes close?

Because he is the closest to the #2 plyaer in the GOATs list.

Default Re: What is with this notion that Kobe is better than Jordan or even comes close?

- Much like CroCop dominated against weak compitetion in Pride...he got merked when he went to the UFC ..

- Jordan got merked in the 80's...dominated the watered down 90's...came back and played in the modern era and shot 41% once again got Merked.

- Kobe as starter ages 21 - 32 years old = 28.6 PPG 6reb 5ast , 5 Titles by far the greatest player of his generation..nearly all stats similar to MJ.

similar players ...similar results...

next

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - Much like CroCop dominated against weak compitetion in Pride...he got merked when he went to the UFC ..

- Jordan got merked in the 80's...dominated the watered down 90's...came back and played in the modern era and shot 41% once again got Merked.

- Kobe as starter ages 21 - 32 years old = 28.6 PPG 6reb 5ast , 5 Titles by far the greatest player of his generation..nearly all stats similar to MJ.

next
    Except you forgot to mention the fact that Jordan was better.

next

next

Every Laker fan knows Jordan is better. You trolls just always feel the need to troll. Stfu and abandon thread.

next
    What does Cro Cop have anything to do with what I'm talking about lol.

Mirko:
    - winner of the toughest PRIDE grand prix ever
    - greatest MMA striker
    - top 5 HW in history

gtfo, don't even try and talk MMA with me .

And BACK ON TOPIC ....

Jordan got merked in the 80's? He did farely decent considering the squad he had behind him while he was putting on legendary numbers...numbers which were far greater than ANYTHING Kobe has done and he was facing some of the best teams in NBA history in the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics. While Kobe was shown the door in the 1st round every year against a team that refused to play defense in the phx suns.

And good job on that stat...28.6 ppg, that's what? Like Jordan's PPG in his worst year throughout his prime?

NEXT

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

The gap between Kobe and Jordan isn't as big as people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The gap between Kobe and Jordan isn't as big as people make it out to be.
    I would say it's pretty damn big, about 6-7 players worth on the top 10 list big.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Cro Cop
    I see it all the time, Kobe fans will usually never say it straight up...that Kobe > MJ but will always give this condescending attitude towards MJ whenever Kobe is mentioned in the same sentence and will ALWAYS make a comparison remark between the two that favors Kobe.

"Kobe was a better 3 pt shooter"
    "but Kobe had 7 finals appearances over MJ's 6"
    "Kobe played against better teams!"

What reason is there to proclaim Kobe as if he's even near MJ in anything involving production and career accomplishments? Jordan was literally better at everything, he completely rapes Kobe on the stat sheet, outdid him in the awards lists, and was way more dominating on the court in terms of actual effectiveness. I love Kobe but some of his fans on here are just living in another world, get real.

Here we go with this tired crap....AGAIN

So...according to you, simply cuz a few Laker/Kobe fans say something, that suddenly means ALL Laker/Kobe fans say it or agree with it too? Bandwagon Lebron fans bandwagon mentality makes them look stupid each and every single time

I would say it's pretty damn big, about 6-7 players worth on the top 10 list big.

From a player stand point, I don't think Jordan was all that much better than Kobe. How often did Jordan guard the opposing teams best player? What was his playoff record without Scottie Pippen? How did his team almost make the ECF without him? Jordan was great, but its amazing how overrated he gets sometimes.

Kobe's best shooting year:
    46.9% on 9.4 / 20 FG a game, 25.2 ppg

Jordan's CAREER shooting:
    49.7% on 11.4 / 22.9 FG a game, 30.1 ppg

even if you factor in TS%

Kobe: 55.4% career
    Jordan: 56.9 % career

PLAYOFF:

Kobe: 44.8% FG, 54.1% TS
    Jordan: 48.7% FG, 56.8% TS

next

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

6 rings that included 6 Finals MVP
    4 MVPs out of those 6 championship seasons. 5 total MVPs
    10 scoring titles with 6 of them coming during the championship season

That along makes Kobe's accomplishments look ordinary. We don't even need to look at the stats, son.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Here we go with this tired crap....AGAIN

So...according to you, simply cuz a few Laker/Kobe fans say something, that suddenly means ALL Laker/Kobe fans say it or agree with it too? Bandwagon Lebron fans bandwagon mentality makes them look stupid each and every single time
    LOL who said ANYTHING about LeBron? , get his dick out of your mouth, is there something you're not telling us?

Kobe's best shooting year:
    46.9% on 9.4 / 20 FG a game, 25.2 ppg

Jordan's CAREER shooting:
    49.7% on 11.4 / 22.9 FG a game, 30.1 ppg

even if you factor in TS%

Kobe: 55.4% career
    Jordan: 56.9 % career

PLAYOFF:

Kobe: 44.8% FG, 54.1% TS
    Jordan: 48.7% FG, 56.8% TS

next

I never said Kobe was better. But its laughable to think Jordan was all that much better than him.