Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rockets have reached agreement with Omer Asik on a three-year, $25.1 million contract

LOL not even the Knicks are this stupid.

Default Re: Rockets have reached agreement with Omer Asik on a three-year, $25.1 million contract

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Good for Asik, but most importantly, LOL at the Houston Rockets.

Asik is like a white Kwame Brown so have fun overpaying him. Bulls should have no problem at all finding a backup C to replace him.
    Huh? Asik is a legitimate and good defensive center.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Huh? Asik is a legitimate and good defensive center.
    Kwame is a good defender too and they both have horrible hands. Asik is a little better than Kwame though since he is bigger, smarter, etc. but he does resemble him a lot in terms of playing style though.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Please.
    Ok the Knicks are that stupid. I was over exaggerating for emphasis.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    and this is why most casual ish fans are morons. dude is the best center on the market (houstons greatest position of need) and a RFA. You cant get him for a reasonable contract (though, its actually less than most centers have got recently). Smart move by Morey, whether or nor the bulls match.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Kwame is a good defender too and they both have horrible hands. Asik is a little better than Kwame though since he is bigger, smarter, etc. but he does resemble him a lot in terms of playing style though.
    you are dumb. Asik and brown do not have similar styles at all. brown is a solid man post defender and a terrible rebounder and team defender. asik is incredibly active and quick on switches. not at all similar styles. a better comp would be someone like camby

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

seems like a 10/10 guy if he gets 25-30 mins.

That doesn't warrant a 3yr/25mil contract.

Very raw, but he is a young 7 footer with some potential.

Seems like JaVale McGee may get his 14 mil a year wish...

Banned

He'll need one year to adjust to the team/being a starter.

I predict this year he'll average 12/8 on 44% shooting.

Next year he explodes and averages 18/12 on 54% shooting and starts for the Western Conference All-Stars.

25 mil???? at this rate i can probs get a $10 mil contract at houston

Local High School Star

There's no justifiable reason to pay this guy $8 million a year. Houston could've just gotten a big man from the D-League and gotten the same production for 10% of the cost. I mean, what does Asik do that the average D-League big man doesn't do?

he'll have to learn how to cut back on fouls even though he's improved leaps and bounds there. his third year, he gets paid $15 million. yikes - i would not want asik being a big reason why my team went into the luxury tax.

i can understand a bit. that's what these small market teams have to do. houston went after dwight to no avail, then they tried to move up in the draft with both sacramento and portland. this was very much option C or less

Book 'em Dan'l

talk about inflation. you're right about Javale. He might get his 14 million a year. it's good to be tall these days i guess.

Serious playground baller I.Malcolm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    There's no justifiable reason to pay this guy $8 million a year. Houston could've just gotten a big man from the D-League and gotten the same production for 10% of the cost. I mean, what does Asik do that the average D-League big man doesn't do?
    Erm, seriously?

Asik is an elite defender. Rotates quickly, can shut down the lane on drivers, and is alright man on man. He's a huge presence and alters offensive strategies. He has brick for hands and is borderline useless on O, though.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Supposedly it is backloaded.... It would be a 5/5/15 deal.
    Interesting..

Gasol's contract is up in 2 years right when Asik's big deal kicks in. Wonder if Morey is thinking about Gasol now.

How about Lowry, Martin and Royce White to the Lakers for Gasol?

PG: Dragic/FA
    SG: Lee/Lamb
    SF: Parsons/Morris
    PF: Scola/Jones
    C: Gasol/Asik

That leaves the Rockets with about 12 mill to spend to fill out the roster with good supporting players.