Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Jordan 69 point game, FULL game HD

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Excellent usage of gif.

wow!..after watching that game!......

just reinforces the fact that Kobe Bryant is a mutch more asthetically pleasing scorere then MJ ever was...

Kobe's 81 point game...or even his 62 point game in 3qrts is so much better then anything MJ ever did...

Jordan did great in the watered down 90's..but come on..saying any of MJ's games were better then Kobe's??

get real kids
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 07-03-2012 at 11:37 AM.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    wow!..after watching that game!......

just reinforces the fact that Kobe Bryant is a mutch more asthetically pleasing scorere then MJ ever was...

Kobe's 81 point game...or even his 62 point game in 3qrts is so much better then anything MJ ever did...

Jordan did great in the watered down 90's..but come on..saying any of MJ's games were better then Kobe's??

get real kids

Give this man retard of the year award!

Winning>Stats

Kobe was better than Jordan for ONE game.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Excellent Post, and I agree with every word. You'd have to be pretty biased to watch those two games and think Kobe faced even close to the same defense(let alone better).
    When i get some time, what i might do is breakdown all the makes for both MJ and Kobe for these games with screenshots, maybe using 4-5 screenshots for each make. It's interesting to see what's happening defensively when you freeze frame the games.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Poetry is being a bit misleading. There was a lot of bad defense from that Cavs team. Hell that was one of the knocks on their team back then. Quality offense, shaky defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Poetry is being a bit misleading. There was a lot of bad defense from that Cavs team. Hell that was one of the knocks on their team back then. Quality offense, shaky defense.
    He's not being misleading at all. He's not saying that the Cavs were playing GOAT defense, but that it was a much higher level than the Raptor's in that game. Don't you agree that it was? Not because the Cavs were such a great defensive team, but because the Raptors weren't even trying.

2005-06 Toronto Raptors, defensive points per 100 possessions: 112.7
    1989-90 Cleveland Cavs, defensive points per 100 possessions: 107.2

so the cavs were the better defensive team, although comparing across eras is obviously tricky

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Poetry's making a comparison between the Cavs defense the night MJ went for 69 and the Raptors defense the night Kobe went for 81. Season averages and reputation are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    He's not being misleading at all. He's not saying that the Cavs were playing GOAT defense, but that it was a much higher level than the Raptor's in that game. Don't you agree that it was? Not because the Cavs were such a great defensive team, but because the Raptors weren't even trying.
    Never said he said it was a great defense. I say its misleading because I believe Poetry may be a Michael Jordan sycophant who simply wants to make MJ's accomplishments outshine those of everyone else.

The example that he listed of Chris Bosh was a reach. Bosh had absolutely no shot at making the play. If he ran over out of control he would have been called for a foul along with giving up the basket.

His mention of double teams was also misleading. The Raptors were playing with a strategy of double Kobe if he attacked the middle of the floor off the bounce; in situations where Kobe attacked baseline the bigs were supposed to rotate.

No question the Raptors sucked defensively. Had a bad strategy , had bad individual defenders, and some questionable efforts.

The disingenuity is not acknowledging that Cavs defense stunk just as bad against Jordan. Cavs had no one making an effort to get back in transition defense, had nonexistent screen hedging of Cavalier bigs, and blown/miscommunication on defensive help rotations.

Both the Cavs in 1990 and the Raptors in 2006 played terrible games defensively. Both teams played so poorly that I wouldn't be shocked if switch the point totals of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant would be exactly the same.

Local High School Star

Never said he said it was a great defense. I say its misleading because I believe Poetry may be a Michael Jordan sycophant who simply wants to make MJ's accomplishments outshine those of everyone else.

The example that he listed of Chris Bosh was a reach. Bosh had absolutely no shot at making the play. If he ran over out of control he would have been called for a foul along with giving up the basket.

His mention of double teams was also misleading. The Raptors were playing with a strategy of double Kobe if he attacked the middle of the floor off the bounce; in situations where Kobe attacked baseline the bigs were supposed to rotate.

No question the Raptors sucked defensively. Had a bad strategy , had bad individual defenders, and some questionable efforts.

The disingenuity is not acknowledging that Cavs defense stunk just as bad against Jordan. Cavs had no one making an effort to get back in transition defense, had nonexistent screen hedging of Cavalier bigs, and blown/miscommunication on defensive help rotations.

Both the Cavs in 1990 and the Raptors in 2006 played terrible games defensively. Both teams played so poorly that I wouldn't be shocked if switch the point totals of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant would be exactly the same.
    Jalen Rose has commented on this game. He disagrees with this and he played in the game. That Raptors team was a mess and their defense in that game was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    Jalen Rose has commented on this game. He disagrees with this and he played in the game. That Raptors team was a mess and their defense in that game was horrible.
    Poor wording on my part. The Raptors were not doubling all game long. It appeared to be a strategy change up thrown in by Sam Mitchell.

SIDE NOTE: Considering his poor effort, and the number of assignments he blew on both offense and defense I'd think Jalen Rose shut his face and pretend that game never happened.

NBA rookie of the year

The disingenuity is not acknowledging that Cavs defense stunk just as bad against Jordan. Cavs had no one making an effort to get back in transition defense.
    I think MJ had one basket in transition, and it was off a steal. So this particular point is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I think MJ had one basket in transition, and it was off a steal. So this particular point is irrelevant.
    Pointing to an entire team continually not making an effort to get back on defense is irrelevant when discussing how poor a defensive showing said team had????

Not sure which one of these gets way I'm feeling across the best so I'm posting all three...