Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lakers want Nash - S&T Using Trade Exception

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Kobe is still a great defender.
    When he wants to be sure. But he just can't be putting in the effort night in and night out on D without it affecting his Offense.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    When your other options are Steve Blake and Ramon Sessions you'd take any warm body you can get at the point. Besides signing Nash might entice Howard to sign an extension with the Lakers.
    We really don't need Howard if Nash comes, unless he commits.
    Nash will make everyone's job so much easier, especially for Bynum and Gasol. Kobe can rest more, and Nash won't need to carry the load as much as he did in Phoenix. 24-30 minutes is reasonable.

I personally would be ten times happier if we got Nash without losing anyone, then attain Howard for Bynum.

Our team would, IMO, be the best in the league simply be signing Steve Nash. It would be ideal to then grab someone like Courtney Lee, Brandon Rush, Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen or Nick Young via our 3 million available.

Can still offer Hill and a pick for Beasley, I believe.
    Nash has been my favorite point guard for over a decade, I absolutely love everything about his game. Not a defensive force, but my god, can the man run a team.

i dont see it happening. Nash said somethign awhile ago about never wanting to join the Lakers because it would be weird with all the battles hes had with them over the years

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Some Laker fans really entertain me. They are absolutely terrified of not being contenders I love it.
    who you root for?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Nash isn't garbage. He just doesn't solve the Lakers' problems.
    Not in the Long term it may not. But it does plug up significant holes in our team. We'd get an elite shooter and distributor. And Maybe with Nash our offense will actually look like we're running something out there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    True, but he's just as bad on defense as any recently employed Laker PG. I mean, he adds much needed perimeter shooting and penetration ability from the PG spot, but I don't think he'd be a good fit with L.A. The bigs don't like to run much. On top of that, he's going to get abused by guys like Westbrook, CP3, Parker, etc.
    None of the recently employed Laker point guards shoot with the accuracy and pass as efficiently as Nash does. Would the Lakers preffer to get a perfect player? Sure.. but sessions and blake arent half of what Nash is.. which is the point.

Also, Gasol has been known to run when he feels hes gonna get the ball in transition. Its the ball-stopping habits of KB that dissuade him. As for Bynum, if Nash influences Dwight to head down here.. then hell be another player that would benefit from a facilitating Nash.

Sessions gave the Lakers absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Having someone like Nash helps the offense tremendously, takes playmaking duties out of Kobe's hands and while setting up easy buckets for everyone. Not to mention being able to hit open shots from anywhere off of Kobe's defensive attention. Consistent shooting and another playmaker is what the Lakers have lacked for a while now.

Banned

I do understand that. However, the Lakers have various problems.. one being having capable players.. so while some moves wont solve every problem, that doesnt mean that it wont improve the team. Nash on the Lakers obvious improves the team.

If all were doing is accepting situations that will solve the Lakers specific problems, then we should just give up... cause the Lakers are currently beggars not choosers. They will take whatever aid they can get.

Yes, because Nash would've stopped Westbrook from ripping you apart and getting wherever he wanted to.
    You are thinking too one-dimensional it's unreal.
    LA lost TWO very close games, where they had a comfortable lead with less then two minutes left. That's with Pau Gasol playing absolutely terrible.

You honestly going to sit there and tell me Nash's presence wouldn't have made a significant difference? You don't think he would have made it easier for our bigs to get easy buckets, provide Kobe with rest and be a huge threat late in games? Westbrook wasn't the reason we lost; it was poor execution down the stretch that cost us the series. With Nash by our side, I have no doubt in my mind LA would have comfortably beaten the Thunder. Maybe not a sweep, but they would have won in six at the most and would have probably won the championship.

Again, ask yourself this: why were Phoenix in playoff contention late in the year? Now ask yourself, who exactly did they have last season?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    None of the recently employed Laker point guards shoot with the accuracy and pass as efficiently as Nash does. Would the Lakers preffer to get a perfect player? Sure.. but sessions and blake arent half of what Nash is.. which is the point.

Also, Gasol has been known to run when he feels hes gonna get the ball in transition. Its the ball-stopping habits of KB that dissuade him. As for Bynum, if Nash influences Dwight to head down here.. then hell be another player that would benefit from a facilitating Nash.
    For Kobe's sake I hope you're right and (if this does indeed happen) it works out.

Do it

Nash is a HUGE upgrade from those scrubs Blake and Sessions.. You cant even compare them.. Im betting some of you havnt even watched a Suns game...

He may not be a good defender but hey, he's Steve Nash.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Sessions gave the Lakers absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Having someone like Nash helps the offense tremendously, takes playmaking duties out of Kobe's hands and while setting up easy buckets for everyone. Not to mention being able to hit open shots from anywhere off of Kobe's defensive attention. Consistent shooting and another playmaker is what the Lakers have lacked for a while now.
    The Lakers need youth and athleticism. It's the same thing that happened to the Spurs after 07. All of a sudden, you're just old. Offense isn't really the big problem, it's defense.

That team has been getting ripped up by quick guards for the last several years, but it's finally caught up to them now that Kobe and Artest have slipped defensively as well. If the Lakers don't improve their perimeter defense, they're still not getting out of the West. Nash doesn't help them with their biggest weakness.

Here's the thing, beating OKC means either slowing down Durant, Westbrook or Harden. The Lakers wouldn't be any more equipped to do so with Nash than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I do understand that. However, the Lakers have various problems.. one being having capable players.. so while some moves wont solve every problem, that doesnt mean that it wont improve the team. Nash on the Lakers obvious improves the team.

If all were doing is accepting situations that will solve the Lakers specific problems, then we should just give up... cause the Lakers are currently beggars not choosers. They will take whatever aid they can get.
    There isn't a player out there that can fix all of our holes.
    Even if we got LeBron James, people would probably say "But it doesn't fix your point guard problem".

People are so salty whenever they hear that the Lakers might get a good player...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    He may not be a good defender but hey, he's Steve Nash.
    There is very very little change that he actually joins the Lakers. I cant imagine the hate he has for the Lakers

But as for wishing that you could have him on the team.. exactly, dude is Steve Nash..lol