Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron has a crush on Ray Allen

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    Dude just won a championship and is now laying in bed to recruit a rival? What a puss, dude couldn't handle being on his own team so he had to go piggy-back with wade / bosh and STILL needed help from the refs to take down the Thunder.
    Exactly my point, Wade was James's closest rival and the two ******* joined forces to win titles. I'll never give them respect for that, don't care if people think I'm chewing dem sour grapes.

It's just how I feel, I felt the integrity was lost that day.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Banned

How much help does this dude needs.. I already lost respect from him, dude wants all to be his teammates, doesnt work hard and always like to be carried and take the easy rode to win. What a shame..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV KOBE
    How much help does this dude needs.. I already lost respect from him, dude wants all to be his teammates, doesnt work hard and always like to be carried and take the easy rode to win. What a shame..
    Stopped reading

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I did explain it. I said it comes off as extremely desperate which is something you never want to see from the defending champs who are just getting started. Not to mention to begin with I think it's lame to recruit a rival player onto your team. IF he's going to do all of this the very least he can do is do it privately.

Just give me ONE example of an MVP/Defending champ recruiting a player, especially from a rival team like this? You won't find one.
    Desperate? It boils down to a version of "Hey, wouldn't this be cool?"

Not exactly what I would call desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    yeah all those guys played with nobodies..

...pippen, rodman, kareem, worthy, mchale, parish....
    It's unbelievable how stupid some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV KOBE
    doesnt work hard and always like to be carried and take the easy rode to win. What a shame..
    Do you watch basketball?

[QUOTE=rhythmic

It's funny how moronic people get about sports. Dude goes out and surrounds himself with talent so that he can be best and suddenly that's a bad thing because he should have waited for someone to give it to him.

Priceless. I hope you apply that kind of logic to your everyday lives.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    It's like wanting someone with a chance to go to Harvard to go to a community college, but at the same time produce equal results.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    It's like wanting someone with a chance to go to Harvard to go to a community college, but at the same time produce equal results.
    Horrible analogy. It's more like asking your parents for money instead of getting a job yourself.

It's funny how moronic people get about sports. Dude goes out and surrounds himself with talent so that he can be best and suddenly that's a bad thing because he should have waited for someone to give it to him.

It's okay that he decided to join forces with other stars, just don't ask me to respect him for that.

Fact is, it is the first time in history that two superstars of that caliber colluded to join forces. It's the perception that will hurt his legacy. He would have had a greater legacy with one ring if he preservered then 5 rings by literally taking the easy way out.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Mainly the idea of him coming off a rival team I think that bugs me and the expressing it publicly on Twitter. If you told me he was recruiting behind closed doors I wouldn't give a shit. Not sure why you guys don't see that .

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Mainly the idea of him coming off a rival team I think that bugs me and the expressing it publicly on Twitter. If you told me he was recruiting behind closed doors I wouldn't give a shit. Not sure why you guys don't see that .
    This is the social networking era, Lebron is smart enough to understand that he can use that to his advantage. Now you're mad at him for using one of the biggest tools in his arsenal? It's so true that you can't please anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    It's okay that he decided to join forces with other stars, just don't ask me to respect him for that.

Fact is, it is the first time in history that two superstars of that caliber colluded to join forces. It's the perception that will hurt his legacy. He would have had a greater legacy with one ring if he preservered then 5 rings by literally taking the easy way out.
    People get caught up in the stupid details(like the decision or free agency vs trades/drafting, adding talent is just that...adding talent), instead of looking at the whole picture. He wasn't satisfied with Cleveland's moves, left and joined up with Bosh and Wade. Took a lot of heat over the past two seasons and is now a champion. Now if you cannot respect a man taking his destiny in his own hands, networking to find people willing to help him reach his and their own goals and taking risks, you shouldn't respect anyone in the history of the planet. Not even yourself.

The NBA is a business. It isn't this fantasy land where people wait around and get the tools they need to be champions. The funny thing is we just saw an era of superstars playing on shit teams during their prime and it was the most depressing era in NBA History. AI wasted away in Philly, T-mac wasted away in Orlando, VC didnt have enough in NJ(literally no front court to speak for, their best big at one point was a late 30's Cliff Robinson) or in Toronto, Pierce had to carry the C's every single game for like seven years before they brought in the big 3 era ending all of this non-sense.

People hating Lebron for avoiding this and taking it in his own hands is just dumb.
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 07-03-2012 at 11:58 PM.