Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Arrow Why Ray Allen Should Consider Staying with Boston

What really separates Ray Allen from most guys in the league is his character. He's worked hard and earned all of his accolades and success.

He's been on bad teams in the past, Milwaukee and Seattle and has stuck through thick and thin for his teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere. But Ray never gave up. It didn't matter that the Sonics got bounced out of the first round or that the Bucks wouldn't make the playoffs for consecutive seasons. You'd still see him in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? He's an old school competitors, who values hard work.

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even remember him as Jesus in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and beat the Heat, don't join em.
    Last edited by BallsOut; 07-04-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Default Re: Why Ray Allen Should Consider Staying with Boston

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Ray Allen and Steve Nash both have a lot in common on the court, but what really separates two of these players from most of the league is their character.

They're both hard workers who have earned all of their accolades and success. Ray Allen, who has only played for one other team in his career, the Sonics before being traded to Boston and Nash who has spent most of his career in Phoenix after being traded from Dallas.

These two guys who have stuck through thick and thin for their teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere, no light at the end of the tunnel. But they never gave up, it didn't matter that the Sonics just lost by 23 to the LA Clippers or that Nash and company got hip checked out of the playoffs by Robert Horry. You'd still see these two guys in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? They're both old school competitors, who value hard work.

Nash, when asked about the possibility of joining the Los Angeles Lakers in this offseason stated this:

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even seen him in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and do your best to beat the Heat, don't join em.
    Anything to weaken lebrons team right?

Milwaukee bucks say hi

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

He has only been a Celtic since 2008, I really don't buy this loyalty thing. I really wouldn't mind if he stayed with the Celtics, but to think he has to be loyal to a team he only played for since 08 is ridiculous. Especially when they have openly been trying to trade him. They only want him now because of his high possibility going to the Heat. Like I said either way I will forever see Ray Allen as an all time great, regardless if he is Heat or a Celtic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    Anything to weaken lebrons team right?
    This....

I hope the OP isn't considered a Lakers fan by most people here. It's clear he just has Kobe's dick in his mouth and that's it, hence why he wants the Celtics to succeed more than the Heat.

What kind of Lakers fan would rather have their ultimate rival succeed over some random franchise in Florida?

This sounds like people are afraid of Ray being on the Heat.

Bucks?

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Ray Allen and Steve Nash both have a lot in common on the court, but what really separates two of these players from most of the league is their character.

They're both hard workers who have earned all of their accolades and success. Ray Allen, who has only played for one other team in his career, the Sonics before being traded to Boston and Nash who has spent most of his career in Phoenix after being traded from Dallas.

These two guys who have stuck through thick and thin for their teams, even when it appeared as though they were going nowhere, no light at the end of the tunnel. But they never gave up, it didn't matter that the Sonics just lost by 23 to the LA Clippers or that Nash and company got hip checked out of the playoffs by Robert Horry. You'd still see these two guys in the gym the very next day putting up hundreds of shots. And for what reason? They're both old school competitors, who value hard work.

Nash, when asked about the possibility of joining the Los Angeles Lakers in this offseason stated this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-lakers-jersey

I've been a long time fan of Ray Allen since his Seattle days, even seen him in He Got Game with Spike Lee. When he retires, a lot of people will remember him for his deadeye ability to hit jumpshots. For me, I would like to remember him for his hard working character, his humble attitude, and most importantly as the guy who always wanted to improve by coming in 2 hours early to work on his shots.

So for the fans, I ask that Ray considers the decision he makes this offseason. Be yourself and do it the oldschool way. Stand by KG, Pierce and Rondo and beat the Heat, don't join em.

Ray just needs to ask himself, "What would Jesus (Shuttlesworth) do?"

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    This....

I hope the OP isn't considered a Lakers fan by most people here. It's clear he just has Kobe's dick in his mouth and that's it, hence why he wants the Celtics to succeed more than the Heat.

What kind of Lakers fan would rather have their ultimate rival succeed over some random franchise in Florida?

I don't get this either. How can any Laker fan root for the Celtics over the Heat?

Plus I think ray deserves a role like the heat can offer. Instead of running like an idiot all game and not getting enough shots like the c's do to him

You would cream your pants if Allen and Nash teamed up with Kobe & co. Admit it.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAmazing

Ray just needs to ask himself, "What would Jesus (Shuttlesworth) do?"

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You would cream your pants if Allen and Nash teamed up with Kobe & co. Admit it.
    This

The team he was on the longest is the team you forget?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    The team he was on the longest is the team you forget?
    lol