Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Suns sign Dragic 4yr/$34M

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    And getting rid of his salary would only give us even more room to make moves. Any PF's out there we can sign for cheap? Humphries maybe?
    Amundson is avaliable. He is a decent back up and is familiar with the suns. We are going to most likely start morris but wouldn't mind if we used the amnesty on frye. He is going to be super useless without nash. Even more so than Chilly because he doesnt hurt us by just sitting on the bench as much as frye does chucking shots non stop and taking play time away from Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    I think Morris has a good chance of being a solid starter.
    He has shown that much to me.
    I thought so too at the beginning of last year. He fell off a lot as the season went on though... tried too hard to be Channing Frye, which is never a good thing. He's solid when he actually plays true to his POWER forward game. But either way I would like us to go out and get a more developed PF, someone we know can come in and play up to the starter level, especially someone with solid defense and post moves. Morris just falls too in love with the jump shot for me to be comfortable expecting him to come in and be our starting PF.

Quote Originally Posted by blackification
    Amundson is avaliable. He is a decent back up and is familiar with the suns. We are going to most likely start morris but wouldn't mind if we used the amnesty on frye. He is going to be super useless without nash. Even more so than Chilly because he doesnt hurt us by just sitting on the bench as much as frye does chucking shots non stop and taking play time away from Morris.
    Amnestying Childress gives us even more capspace to make moves than amnestying Frye though.

Local High School Star

Amnestying Childress gives us even more capspace to make moves than amnestying Frye though.
    yea using it on childress is more likely, I just think from a basketball standpoint childress hurts the suns less than frye does. But that probably doesn't matter because by the time the suns are good enough not to tank frye's contract will be up

yea using it on childress is more likely, I just think from a basketball standpoint childress hurts the suns less than frye does. But that probably doesn't matter because by the time the suns are good enough not to tank frye's contract will be up
    Suns can sign Humphries to play starting PF and have Morris as the 2nd string and Frye will be irrelevant at the 3rd string, so we wont have to worry about him bringing us down.

Local High School Star

Suns can sign Humphries to play starting PF and have Morris as the 2nd string and Frye will be irrelevant at the 3rd string, so we wont have to worry about him bringing us down.
    Yea but for some reason Gentry has a huge infatuation with frye so I think the only way to end it is by getting frye off the team. You make a good point but I could easily see gentry flipping it around and humphries becomes our third guy.

Yea but for some reason Gentry has a huge infatuation with frye so I think the only way to end it is by getting frye off the team. You make a good point but I could easily see gentry flipping it around and humphries becomes our third guy.
    I've been thinking it's always possible we can include Frye and Brooks and draft picks as part of a package for the Eric Gordon sign and trade. Aaron Brooks is a solid PG, but is the odd man out with the new lineup. The Hornets could use another good PG and a PF. Frye's jumpshooting can work since they will have Davis to do the real big man work. They just don't fit in here right now.

Decent college freshman

this rox fan at realgm is mad

Amnesty Childress for sure. Frye can be used off the bench and he has improved his inside game. Morris looked good, hopefully his game improves in the offseason and he can be our starter.

Sometimes i like to delve into the minds of retards, inquisitive mind and all, so i got to ask... what do the Knicks have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    the knicks .............
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    No news here....

I don't get picked last at the park anymore dbronx42's Avatar

The Suns fans are literally acting like they acquired Dwight Howard and Deron Williams... Talk about overreactions from a fan-base. Eric Gordon is an injury prone ball stopper. Not worth the max at all. Dragic is a good player, but some are acting like he is a top 5 PG.

Did i mention the 1st round picks you got will almost certainly be in 25-30 region? Not exactly a place where you get immediate talent to improve your team. Most guys picked in that area of the draft don't even last in the NBA.

Have they made some solid moves? Yes. But Suns fans are acting like Knicks fans right now...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dbronx42
    The Suns fans are literally acting like they acquired Dwight Howard and Deron Williams... Talk about overreactions from a fan-base. Eric Gordon is an injury prone ball stopper. Not worth the max at all. Dragic is a good player, but some are acting like he is a top 5 PG.

Did i mention the 1st round picks you got will almost certainly be in 25-30 region? Not exactly a place where you get immediate talent to improve your team. Most guys picked in that area of the draft don't even last in the NBA.

Have they made some solid moves? Yes. But Suns fans are acting like Knicks fans right now...
    We have a sherlock holmes guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dbronx42

On behalf of the Suns fans, sir, I believe we are excited because the Post Amare' era brought us Childress, Warrick & Hedo. The post Nash era has brought in some decent young talent and some flexibility. I don't know of any Suns fans that think we're going to be a good team, we're just excited we didn't sign shit for large sums of money.

Are you mad i just brought you Suns fans back down to earth...? You guys look like a 2011 Houston Rockets roster, and call me crazy but that's not something you guys should be jumping for joy about. It's barely above average.

Getting those picks is nothing special at all and the Lakers knew that. Like i said they will be anywhere from 25-30 and your delusional if you think your going to get someone with those picks that will make you a contender.

Realism. It hurts sometimes, but i was just laughing at some of the Suns fans reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    On behalf of the Suns fans, sir, I believe we are excited because the Post Amare' era brought us Childress, Warrick & Hedo. The post Nash era has brought in some decent young talent and some flexibility. I don't know of any Suns fans that think we're going to be a good team, we're just excited we didn't sign shit for large sums of money.
    That's absolutely fair. Your team did get better, and i see you guys as a fringe playoff team. I was just saying some Phoenix fans are drastically overrating these moves.