Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Jason Kidd joins the New York Knicks on a multiyear deal

I think it's the best possible pg outcome for them. You get a pretty inexpensive veteran that has gas in. the tank, who can play 25 min or less and make an impact without benching Lin. Can be a team mentor, as well as lin tutor, and further the focus on defense the team has. Can also stretch floor with 3 along with organize offense.

But, they get to keep Shumpert which really helps their depth and versatility. Kidd can also help defend 3 positions (not that well anymore, but still can help). Pretty strong move here

Steve Nash started a trend.........

Funny to see me rooting against Kidd to get his second ring, for a hardcore Kidd fan since 2001. Oh well, why bother with it knowing he cant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Seriously, a laker fan? At least Knicks didn't fork out 4 picks so that a old man could get more money.

That really sucks for Dallas. I don't see Kidd performing too well so late in his career, but he'll definitely be a good player to back up Lin.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Sick.....he is going to be a great mentor for Jeremy Lin.

Payton mentored Kidd and now Kidd will mentor Lin.

One California kid to another.
    Too late

Banned

Default Re: Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal

Quote Originally Posted by L8k3r5
    Too late
    How is it too late? Knicks just matched Lin's offer so now he will be his tutor/mentor for sure.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Funny to see me rooting against Kidd to get his second ring, for a hardcore Kidd fan since 2001. Oh well, why bother with it knowing he cant anyway.
    You salty he don't love the Nets anymore?

I usually hit open layups

As a Mavs fan, sucks for him to go. But as J-Kidd fan, I wish nothing but luck in the future.

To people who judge by his stats, saying he sucks, he's old so he can't play etc. Kidd's influence goes beyond his stats. When he played for us, it was clear as day and night the difference he makes orchestrating the offense. Our entire offense flowed much better and more consistent when he was on the court compare to when he was off it.

I'm sure he'll do well backing up Lin or whoever, or even in games where he might even start. As long as the coach gives the freedom to Kidd to run his offense some of the times, the Knicks will no doubt benefit from his addition.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCoward
    As a Mavs fan, sucks for him to go. But as J-Kidd fan, I wish nothing but luck in the future.

To people who judge by his stats, saying he sucks, he's old so he can't play etc. Kidd's influence goes beyond his stats. When he played for us, it was clear as day and night the difference he makes orchestrating the offense. Our entire offense flowed much better and more consistent when he was on the court compare to when he was off it.

I'm sure he'll do well backing up Lin or whoever, or even in games where he might even start. As long as the coach gives the freedom to Kidd to run his offense some of the times, the Knicks will no doubt benefit from his addition.
    His body is falling apart. He's done. I don't care about his "influence". He was awful last season. AWFUL

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    His body is falling apart. He's done. I don't care about his "influence". He was awful last season. AWFUL
    Obviously, he isn't the player he used to be. (Even going back to the microfracture surgery he had around 2004, that was the start of him really declining imo). But he isn't as "awful" as you think. Kidd was the only one that truly got the ball to Dirk last season, Carlisle also gave certain freedom for Kidd to run his own offense, allowing him to make calls himself etc like player-coach and he did well.

I mean, don't expect Kidd to be a game-changer, someone who slashes and scores, goes to the basket, getting and-1 etc. He will be someone that will bring up the ball, orchestrate the offense and making sure Knicks make that extra pass to get a better look. He'll bring composure and leadership to this team, being a mentor to Lin and Amare and Melo will all benefit from Kidd imo.

Kidd can still ball. Very solid addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Seriously, a laker fan? At least Knicks didn't fork out 4 picks so that a old man could get more money.
    Because L.A picks are so valuable right? Please you and I both know that Kupchak pulled a brilliant move. "Old Man" who can ball better than most of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Yeah, those picks, around 28-60, were going to be sooo valuable to a contending team full of veterans.

Pretty good offseason so far for the Knicks. They can keep Novak too right?