Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Default Re: 4 years, 40 million for Jeff Green?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I've had the same surgery and haven't had any difference in health as a result of it, not a doctor obviously but just some input.
    Yeah but can you prove your not a doctor?

NBA rookie of the year

If this is the reason they don't have enough money to sign Ray this offseason, then Ainge should go **** himself. Stupid move when the kid hasn't done anything for your franchise but be injured every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    And what did you just say that I didn't?
    "Who knows what Boston knows about him?"

Stupid ass statement implying maybe just maybe Boston knows things we fans dont know for why they could consider such a moronic deal. Dont play stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Maybe he's amazing in workouts? Whatever, not my money. It's apparent the Cs have committed to maximizing the win potential for the next 2-3 years and aren't concerned with what happens after that, so the only time Green possibly being overpaid will matter is in the final one or two years.
    Whatever nothing. Just call it how you see it. Ridiculous contract if it is offered. Period.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    If this is the reason they don't have enough money to sign Ray this offseason, then Ainge should go **** himself. Stupid move when the kid hasn't done anything for your franchise but be injured every year.
    FYI, the Celtics are offering Ray Allen more money than the Heat. They could offer him more still but there's a limit to the amount you should be offering to a guy you are going to make your second-string two-guard. There is a lot of respect for what Allen did, #17 doesn't happen without him but business is business.

Every year? he only missed a season calm down

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    That does seem kind of high, and long... But who knows what Boston knows about him?
    He isn't a unknown rookie that had phenomenal workouts for the celtics, close door. Everybody knows what the celtics knows about Jeff Green.

I wouldn't be surprised if he 1 year from now, nobody thinks $10 mil is too much.

Banned

obviously the surgery turned him into an awesome basketball playing cyborg whose sole purpose is to beat the Heat

NBA rookie of the year

Boston Celtics cap space after signing KG to 11 million deal: 17 mill

Jeff Green - 10 mill
    Brandon Bass - 7 mill
    Jason Terry - 5 mill

That's 22 mill. They're 5 mill over the cap without resigning Ray Allen. My thoughts were they were going to stay underneath the cap. It looks like they don't mind going over it. Does this mean they are still going to make Allen his offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    He isn't a unknown rookie that had phenomenal workouts for the celtics, close door. Everybody knows what the celtics knows about Jeff Green.

I wouldn't be surprised if he 1 year from now, nobody thinks $10 mil is too much.
    The only way that he can actually live up to his contract is if he can beat Pierce at the starting lineup, avg around 18 points with 6 rebs and taking the celtics past the 1st round

Right now this is a WTF move by the celtics

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Whatever nothing. Just call it how you see it. Ridiculous contract if it is offered. Period.
    Rashard Lewis getting 100 million is ridiculous. Put it in perspective, he'll be a 26 year-old versatile forward giving you 13-15 ppg off the bench. You get his prime years, so there's a chance you see a little improvement and with your starting forwards being old he's extending their careers and/or stepping into the starting line-up whenever they may need a few games to heal up (and hopefully just that). I'd say he's a starter-caliber player making star money. Overpaid but we've seen several worse deals.

Jeff Green - 10 mill
    Brandon Bass - 7 mill
    Jason Terry - 5 mill

That's 22 mill. They're 5 mill over the cap without resigning Ray Allen. My thoughts were they were going to stay underneath the cap. It looks like they don't mind going over it. Does this mean they are still going to make Allen his offer?
    Means the celtics pretty much have their roster complete, they're only waiting for ray to make his decision

Man KG will be at the 5

I can't for a second believe that there are teams all over the league begging Jeff Green to take $10 million a year after open heart surgery and an ineffective half-season in Boston.

Jeff Green - 10 mill
    Brandon Bass - 7 mill
    Jason Terry - 5 mill

No doubt they will.

It's clear Boston will go with this crew until the wheels do come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Rashard Lewis getting 100 million is ridiculous. Put it in perspective, he'll be a 26 year-old versatile forward giving you 13-15 ppg off the bench. You get his prime years, so there's a chance you see a little improvement and with your starting forwards being old he's extending their careers and/or stepping into the starting line-up whenever they may need a few games to heal up (and hopefully just that). I'd say he's a starter-caliber player making star money. Overpaid but we've seen several worse deals.
    Dude shut the hell up. Dont mention what Rashard Lewis got to downplay overpaying a guy coming off heart surgery. A guy when healthy didnt even look to be a 4yr $40mil player. Stop it.

Omar Asik could get a 4yr $52mil offer from someone. And I'll simply say "Hey Rashard Lewis got $100mil. So yeah its overpaid but turn your attention to what Shard got. That'll make you forget how much you're taking it up the ass for Asik."

I know you're a Boston fan. But damn is it hard to simply say "Ridiculous deal.". Really? You got to spin it? Then pour baby powder over the turd and sell me it doesnt stink as bad as if powder wasnt on it? Dude its still a turd!