Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Default Re: brandon roy verbal agrees with the timberwolves

The T-Wolves are going to me my favorite team to watch behind the Jazz. Lots of intriguing players (Love, Rubio, Roy, Pek).

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Potentially....

CT: Pekovic
    PF: Love
    SF: Batum
    SG: Roy
    PG: Rubio
    6: Williams

Looks good

If Roy will come back healthy again and be able to give Wolves at least 15 PPG, then Wolves is going to be a problem in the West.

BRoy is wearing 7 in Minny. Derrick Williams said he can have it.

I'd better see him in the Suns jersey,but...It's not important! Brandon is one of my fav shooting guards.

Grab Brand off amnesty! Fill out that bench, wolves!

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
    #Twolves source says the 2nd yr on Roy's contract is not guaranteed. He only gets the $ if he can play. More nuggets coming in a story soon.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    Awesome. There is virtually no downside at all to this contract now. Welcome back Roy. Opening night at Target Center will be amazing.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Aside from the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Bulls there are no other teams in the entire league that have more than 3 historically.
    Interesting that you mention the Lakers....

"The new team began play in Minneapolis, Minnesota, calling themselves the Lakers in honor of the state's nickname, "Land of 10,000 Lakes".[3] The Lakers won five championships in Minneapolis, propelled by center George Mikan, who is described by the NBA's official website as the league's "first superstar".[4] After struggling financially in the late 1950s following Mikan's retirement, they relocated to Los Angeles before the 1960–61 season."

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Batum says screw Portland, I want to go to Minnesota! Hell yeah. Players are finally giving our team a chance.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Hollinger -

Roy's knees are shot. In his last season in Portland, he was dreadful in the final 30 games after he returned, save for one miraculous quarter against Dallas. He is not a 3-point shooter and can't get to the basket anymore, and he is a ball-stopper who I'm not sure would be a great fit in this system even if he were healthy.

Coincidentally, one of the teams that may have an interest in Milicic is Portland, should Indiana match the max offer sheet to [COLOR=#000080]Roy Hibbert[/COLOR]. But amnesty bidding for Milicic may not get far because he has $3.8 million of non-guaranteed money next season that teams would be required to include in their bids -- a technicality that helped spring [COLOR=#000080]Baron Davis[/COLOR] through auction a year ago.
    Says we need to get rid of 3.3 million fast or we're over the cap...

23s Jerry Zgoda Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

B-Roy indeed to move wife and two kids here, believing it's going to be more than a two-year partnership with ‪#Timberwolves
    Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
    Roy told Taylor, Kahn, Adelman and Co. during Seattle meeting that he'd like his children to experience a white Christmas
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
    Roy's mother still has displayed in her living room the Timberwolves cap her son wore briefly on draft night 2006
    Now I'm starting to understand why this guy was one of the most likeable superstars when he was healthy.

Portland fans, is their anything negative (obviously not talking about his knees) about Roy at all?