Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Steve Nash: "Not sure You Can Categorize Rose and Westbrook As PG's"

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Sure. To me super guard in this context seems like a combo guard reference though.

No, seriously

Default Re: Steve Nash: "Not sure You Can Categorize Rose and Westbrook As PG's"

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    The point guard position is evolving with Rose and WB leading the change. Is it better or worse? Well that answer will vary from individual to individual.
    I don't know that it's evolving, we're just seeing athletic-combo guards make an impact that can't be ignored. So teams are forced to adjust to their players, instead of inhibiting their player's strengths.

Chris Paul is still seen as the quintessential point guard in the league for a reason.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Let's do some quick math, here... Jan 2011... let's say the very end of Jan just to give him the benefit of the doubt. As of today, we're talking about a little more than 520 days, which is an average of 40.6 posts a day.

I like how the thread turned from combo guard discussion to clowning on a dude for his post count

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6

I like how the thread turned from combo guard discussion to clowning on a dude for his post count

The funny thing is they think it will bother me. I post a ton and know I post a ton... so obviously I'm not going to be embarrassed about it. I like posting here and like a lot of people here . I can easily make 3 alternate accounts like all these low post count trolls and hide but why should I? Lots to talk about here on ISH.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    The funny thing is they think it will bother me. I post a ton and know I post a ton... so obviously I'm not going to be embarrassed about it. I like posting here and like a lot of people here . I can easily make 3 alternate accounts like all these low post count trolls and hide but why should I? Lots to talk about here on ISH.

3-time NBA All-Star

I heard the interview and it seemed like he referring more to how crazy athletic and strong they are. Didn't sound like he was emphasizing there shoot-first mentality at all.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GreatHILL

this is insane, damn go get some *****, there is life outside the internet

Meh, who cares? The dude likes to talk ball just like everyone else on this forum does. What's wrong with that?

They are combo-guards.. or more accurately speaking true Shooting-Guards starting PG due to matchups considering their size....

Well Nash has a point. Id say Rose is a PG, Westbrook is not.

Banned

Jesus Christ some of you guys are stupid. Rose and Westbrook are just PGs who need to score a lot. I mean you guys act like Kevin Durant should be shooting 30+ times a game. Who else is going to score for the Bulls? In fact, Rose shooting more actually helps them because when he misses, he draws so much attention that it opens up the offensive glass for his team (which also happens to be the best rebounding team in the league, specifically on the offensive boards).

When has Rose ever been a SG? Just because he is a gifted scorer doesn't mean he isn't a PG.

Is Dwight Howard not a Center because he doesn't play with his back to the basket all the time? Was David Robinson not a real Center because he had a face-up game?

You just called someone a nerd over an internet forum, bro. It's easy to talk tough from behind a computer screen. But don't worry I'm sure you pull in chicks like no other in real life, right?

Nothing better than people talking sh*t behind a Web-Site

Westbrook and Rose are definitely combo guards right now.

Rose wasn't picked #1 overall to go 4/9 with 9 assists. He needs to score. The Bulls are better when he scores.

Westbrook started off his career much closer to a true PG. That's when Jeff Green started along side Durant and Kristic started at center and Westbrook avg'd 8 assists for 3 years.

Minus Jeff Green Westbrook moved more towards combo guard and no one should apologize for that, he's great at it, the Thunder to me are the best offensive team in the NBA, and a bunch of 23 year old kids just made it to the NBA finals and have improved each year of the last 4.

Rose and Westbrook do what their teams need them to, and do it really ****ing well at that. All-NBA well.