Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Artest: "Only way to make big trades : You gotta trade big time players."

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    Then Monday is going to be a great day for lakernation. Haters get ready
    The Lakers will only be recieving Andrew Bynum primarily because Rob Hennigan wants to set the trend for NBA superstars. If he traded Dwight to LA, that will be a huge statement in terms of not letting stars dictate what happens and what doesn't. This punk is trying to act cool. Dwight Howard told you he only wants Brooklyn. You should have made the trade.

The fate of the Nets contending possibilities rest of Rob Hennigan's shoulder. I HATE that punk.

College star

Default Re: Artest: "Only way to make big trades : You gotta trade big time players."

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    The Lakers will only be recieving Andrew Bynum primarily because Rob Hennigan wants to set the trend for NBA superstars. If he traded Dwight to LA, that will be a huge statement in terms of not letting stars dictate what happens and what doesn't. This punk is trying to act cool. Dwight Howard told you he only wants Brooklyn. You should have made the trade.

The fate of the Nets contending possibilities rest of Rob Hennigan's shoulder. I HATE that punk.
    He's the captain of the ship. He is working feverishly to make a contemplative move that eases the crippling that occurs when a organization loses it's franchise player. You hate him because he won't succumb to Dwight's flip flop demands and gift wrap the Nets a top 2 seed in the East?

Yea, you're not biased at all. This is a business, not fantasy league. As annoying as the Dwight saga has been, if you're Orlando you take as much time as you need. You do not make a rash decision - you will never get a chance to go back and alter it. They have the best center in the league for the past 5 years on their team. No matter how long they wait, there will be teams falling over to send a package for him. You think Rob gives two shits if the Nets "move on"? They by far have the worst package available and have had the worst package available since the Gerald Wallace trade.

All you've been doing is calling the Magic stupid these last few weeks. Stupid would be pulling a trigger on a trade just because your star athlete wants you to. You do what's best for the organization moving forward, and you take as much time as you have to until you are comfortable enough with that decision.

I'd keep Artest. He can still defend and score when they need him to.

Orlando has no leverage. Sooner or later they will accept Bynum for Howard. You just gotta hope that Bynum can stay healthy until then.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I'd keep Artest. He can still defend and score when they need him to.

Orlando has no leverage. Sooner or later they will accept Bynum for Howard. You just gotta hope that Bynum can stay healthy until then.
    same here. I say keep Artest as well. Guy is a gamer. They will cave in.

I wonder if it's going in the Dwight direction...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    same here. I say keep Artest as well. Guy is a gamer. They will cave in.
    Don't you guys think they need a wing that can run with Nash, defend other star wings and make 3pters at 40% clip so that Dwight doesn't get into foul trouble when everyone drives pass Nash and Artest?

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Don't you guys think they need a wing that can run with Nash, defend other star wings and make 3pters at 40% clip so that Dwight doesn't get into foul trouble when everyone drives pass Nash and Artest?
    The Artest that finished the season last year, the one with ripped with almost no body fat, is one of the best defenders in the entire NBA. He would be fine on the wing or on the bench. Plus, guy is a gamer.

I'd love to have Ariza too, but that just isn't gonna happen.

-

ron artest for metta world peace was a big trade

NBA rookie of the year

The Artest that finished the season last year, the one with ripped with almost no body fat, is one of the best defenders in the entire NBA. He would be fine on the wing or on the bench. Plus, guy is a gamer.

I'd love to have Ariza too, but that just isn't gonna happen.
    The thing is World Peace can't stay in front of Lebron and Durant averaged like 30pts against him last season in the playoffs (hell Ebanks did a way better job).

I actually like Dorell Wright from Golden State. He's got underrated defensive ability, is 26, can run and shoot the 3 ball very well and he's like 6'9 with a lot of length.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    The thing is World Peace can't stay in front of Lebron and Durant averaged like 30pts against him last season in the playoffs (hell Ebanks did a way better job).

I actually like Dorell Wright from Golden State. He's got underrated defensive ability, is 26, can run and shoot the 3 ball very well and he's like 6'9 with a lot of length.
    World Peace guarded Durant fine. He actually did a great job. The only times Durant was scoring was off the illegal screens and bad hedges or rotations off of Westbrook penetration.

He struggled getting by Artest in 1 v. 1.

I just like Artest tho personally. I may be biased but when things are down the guy always steps up. Lakers were a few bounces away from beating OKC this year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You forgot to include that he's so dope. Recognize.

College star

World Peace guarded Durant fine. He actually did a great job. The only times Durant was scoring was off the illegal screens and bad hedges or rotations off of Westbrook penetration.

He struggled getting by Artest in 1 v. 1.

I just like Artest tho personally. I may be biased but when things are down the guy always steps up. Lakers were a few bounces away from beating OKC this year.
    When you lose 4-1, you aren't a few bounces away. A few bounces away is a 7, MAYBE 6 game series, where things just didn't go your way.

That logic is almost as erroneous as Bulls fans saying there were "this close" to beating Miami in 2011, even though they lose 4-1.

All this "KD struggled getting by Artest 1 v 1" nonsense. You do realize all Durant did was just rise up and shoot over Artest, right?

Lakers should be on the phone with AK47's agent this entire summer. He would be the option in regards to finding someone to be a defensive bother to Durant. 6'9, massive wingspan, superb shot blocker, very good on the ball defender, great help defender. This past year's Euro MVP and DPOY.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    His brother tweeted that Lakers will be getting Dwight within 96 hours. Take with a grain of salt.

Daniel Artest ‏@TheRealDMArtest
    If u wanna get mad get mad at leaker brass for not going after Ray Allen. Tall relax. Y'all getting dwight within 96hrs. That's a fact I kno
    WTF kind of timeframe is that?

None of these people know what's actually going on.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    WTF kind of timeframe is that?

None of these people know what's actually going on.
    Basically before July 11.

Jeez, just don't get traded, Metta.