Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.

According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.

Knicks Blog
    Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.

Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.

"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."

The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.

However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.

"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''

Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.

Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ew-york-knicks

Default Re: Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

Lin is getting absolutely hammered on the ESPN boards.

I'm reserving judgement for now, but it does seem like the Linsanity press clippings have gone to his head, at least to some degree.

Not sure why would be Upset. The Knicks basically said all along that they were matching any offer to keep him. His name was not mentioned at all for a sign and trade for anybody in the oftseason. This should be an easy fix.

NBA lottery pick

The mofo needs to stfu. He gets paid eight million dollars a year for being Asian and having done a good job in his profession for two weeks.

Banned

The Knicks clearly said they were gonna "wait and see", they waited, saw and are matching the offer. No biggie

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Lin is really average anyways. He did his thing when he got his chance being the only player on the team with everyone injured. Once everyone came back he became a scrub. Miami shut him down and then it went downhill from there. I loved what he did, but he is way overrated. Who am I though, I'm just some Heat fan.

He's being a dumbass.

Here's the thing we really don't know what he is yet.

Is he a Superstar? Probably not. Is he a Scrub. No.

We'll see this year where he falls in that inbetween. I think he'll be a servicable point guard with some flashes of greatness on some games. Jason Kidd will be a good influence on him.

He Just needs to get over having his feelings hurt and just ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Ummm, HE is the one that went out and tested the market. He is Linsane.

Sounds like a made up story.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I think he is just pissed the Knicks matched the Rocket's offer.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I think he is just pissed the Knicks matched the Rocket's offer.
    He's mad he can't play for free for the Heat.

Let's be honest, when somebody's 'upset', it can range from absolute disgust to mild annoyance. We have no way of knowing if Lin is actually so upset that it will be a major factor in his motivation to play for the knicks, or if it's something that will be forgotten by next week.

this offseason will be sloooooooow.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Sounds like a made up story.
    this

This is clearly made up. Lin knew that the Knicks couldn't offer him more than other teams would, so he let the market dictate his price for the Knicks to match. He's a smart kid who understands that, the end.