Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood


  2. #2
    Biyombo Smash!! Quizno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    4,088

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    as an LA native i watched pretty much every lakers game and sessions is pretty suspect...he's pretty good at getting to the rim but he doesn't assert himself enough and his jumper isn't any good. he could be a good backup but i remember reading that he wasn't content being a bench player so i don't know how interested he'd be. haywood's a decent defensive big so i guess i'd be okay with it.

  3. #3
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    as an LA native i watched pretty much every lakers game and sessions is pretty suspect...he's pretty good at getting to the rim but he doesn't assert himself enough and his jumper isn't any good. he could be a good backup but i remember reading that he wasn't content being a bench player so i don't know how interested he'd be. haywood's a decent defensive big so i guess i'd be okay with it.

    He brought his 3pt shooting up to 48% which ain't too shabby. As far as starting he certainly has a better chance at that with Kemba than with Nash.

    If (a big if) we can land these 2 plus Jamison our lineup would be:

    Kemba, Sessions, Gordon
    Hendo, Gordon, Williams, Carroll
    MKG, Brown, Taylor
    Jamison, TT, Mullens
    Biyombo, Haywood, Diop

    I'd be cool with that.

  4. #4
    Yes, I am a dick. Timmeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East of civilization.
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Did I miss something? What happened to DJ?

  5. #5
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Did I miss something? What happened to DJ?
    He turned down a lucrative extension and has apparently let it be known he wants out of Charlotte. The cats are pursuing a sign and trade. If that doesn't work they'll have the choice of letting him walk or matching another team's offer and keeping him.

  6. #6
    Extra Cheese LJJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,821

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    I don't even know why they offered Augustin a "lucrative extension", he hasn't been impressing anybody.

    Sessions seems like a decent enough rotation guard. If only he had a jumpshot huh. I'm sure there aren't many teams in the market for Sessions, so I'm hoping for a friendly contract.


    Not feeling Haywood though. Haywood is known as a head case and massive lockerroom cancer, not someone you want to bring into your inexperienced squad. Being paid money to go away by Dallas, a team in dire need of a center isn't looking good either.

  7. #7
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    DJ's gone, offer rescinded.

  8. #8
    Yes, I am a dick. Timmeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East of civilization.
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Glad we got something for him.


    (Sarcasm)

  9. #9
    You've been 'Smacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    We did...we swapped him for Sessions.

    DJ got 1 year/3.5 million. Suffice to say there wasn't a big market for him.

    I do think we could have gotten something as the Pacers would like the added capspace but with the reports that we're still pursuing Humphries the FO needs all the space they can get. IF they do land Hump we'll most likely have to amnesty Gana to fit him in.

    Sessions/Hump is better than Sessions/2nd/filler salary.

    There's no guarantee we will get Hump as the Nets really need him...but I think our FO's strategy here is sound.

  10. #10
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    We did...we swapped him for Sessions.

    DJ got 1 year/3.5 million. Suffice to say there wasn't a big market for him.

    I do think we could have gotten something as the Pacers would like the added capspace but with the reports that we're still pursuing Humphries the FO needs all the space they can get. IF they do land Hump we'll most likely have to amnesty Gana to fit him in.

    Sessions/Hump is better than Sessions/2nd/filler salary.

    There's no guarantee we will get Hump as the Nets really need him...but I think our FO's strategy here is sound.

    Agreed. It'd be interesting if we sign Humphries and Jamison goes to the Nets.

  11. #11
    Extra Cheese LJJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,821

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    We don't want Humphries.

    That guy is barely an upgrade over DJ White, but is asking for a long term deal worth close to 10 a year.

    I hope they try to get Scola.

  12. #12
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    We don't want Humphries.

    That guy is barely an upgrade over DJ White, but is asking for a long term deal worth close to 10 a year.

    I hope they try to get Scola.

    You're right. Looks like Brooklyn is going to overpay for Mr. Kardashian. Starting to look more likely that we'll land either Jamison or Scola.

  13. #13
    Yes, I am a dick. Timmeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East of civilization.
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    I hope we don't get Humphries. He's all hype.

    Scola would be nice. But I'm not really impressed by the FO at this point. Granted, there isn't much going on, so its hard to be impressed.

  14. #14
    Alpha Tarheel rufuspaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    23,957

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    MKG with 15 pts at the half. Just sayin.

  15. #15
    Biyombo Smash!! Quizno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    4,088

    Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

    Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    MKG with 15 pts at the half. Just sayin.
    our picks look awesome out there man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •