Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why dont america do more for the homelss?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    Because we're greedy. Everybody wants the latest apple product but no one wants to buy an apple for mr wendall.
    Guilty.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

why should the government do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    why should the government do something about it?
    It is a disability. We help the elderly and handicap people; it's crazy we have forgotten about the people with mental illnesses. Crazy people should be taken care of in any society. They are sick and need our assistance more than any other group.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    It is a disability. We help the elderly and handicap people; it's crazy we have forgotten about the people with mental illnesses. Crazy people should be taken care of in any society. They are sick and need our assistance more than any other group.

I know you b trollin just for arguments sake and are in agreement with me on other accounts, but to those who actually do harbor that sentiment:

It's extremely hard to lock people up against their will these days just for being crazy. Has nothing to do with Reagan. You can actually thank establishments like the ACLU for that more than anything.

And regardless, whether it's a shelter or a psychiatric hospital, if people donated as much to those establishments each year as they doled out to guys sleeping in crusty rags in the middle of the sidewalk so everyone could see them being generous, I seriously doubt shelters and hospitals would need a single dollar of government funding. They'd be fully self sufficient.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

society is like a big pot of stew if you dont give it a stir up every now and then crap rises to the top.......

I think the mentality of society nowadays is make money, follow your dreams, nefver give up, achieve your goals.

Not help those in need make america a better country.