Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: Knicks will not match offer for Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    I remember Latrell Sprewell saying something like that to Minnesota.

Guess what happened? Sprewell never played another game. Minnesota hasn't made the playoff since. Garnett went on to win a championship in Boston.

Same thing will happen again. New York will be the same old crap. Lin will go on and win a championship in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    I remember Latrell Sprewell saying something like that to Minnesota.

Guess what happened? Sprewell never played another game. Minnesota hasn't made the playoff since. Garnett went on to win a championship in Boston.

Same thing will happen again. New York will be the same old crap. Lin will go on and win a championship in Houston.
    Sprewell said that for the 99 lockout season.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Sprewell said that for the 99 lockout season.
    Are you sure? I could have sworn Spree said that in Minnesota and not in New York.

EDIT: It was in Minnesota: http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolum...-Sprewell.html

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    As a Rockets fan, I loved the whole Linsanity thing when it was going on. I couldn't believe he used to be on the Rockets and they let him go. Glad to see they have a good shot at getting him back.
    LOL nice try RG

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    As a Rockets fan, I loved the whole Linsanity thing when it was going on. I couldn't believe he used to be on the Rockets and they let him go. Glad to see they have a good shot at getting him back.
    Great first post!

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Great first post!
    especially since it takes jefe months to approve new accounts. how long you been sitting on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I get being mad at Jim Dolan. I get being mad at Melo. But are you all going to tell me that Lin restructing the offer so the Knicks have to outlay $50M in year 3 was not somehow Lin's fault? Are we Lebron stans now that we can't admit that maybe that wasn't a good idea because we like a player?
    Mad at him for what? Getting a better offer? How is that a "fault"? Everyone talks about how the NBA is a business. Well, Lin was just looking out for his. I mean, the Knicks did say they would match up to a billion dollars. Well, he went to get his "billion dollars" and NY didn't match.

In fact, if NYK didn't flex their muscles and tell the world they would "match up to a billion dollars" I don't think the Rockets change their original offer. And again, this could have been avoided if they offers him a contract outright.

There's really no reason to blame Lin. If you're in a position to bargain for more money, you do it. Especially if it's your first big contract. Plus Knicks said they'd match.. who's the one backing out now?

Even if Lin preferred Rockets more, I wouldn't blame him. When you have blackhole Melo shotjacking in your team all the time.. how's he going to develop? If I had to play with Melo and Amare.. I'd rather leave NY too. More money? even better!

I also think Melo really doesn't like this kid. From the time he was injured, the Knicks were running really well. This guy didn't show any excitement, instead he was bitter. Congratulations on having this guy on your team, I'm gonna tell you guys: NOTHING will be achieved with MELO in your team. Superstars will not mesh with him, and you won't go far in the playoffs.. even in the East.

College superstar

I don't see how any of this is Lin's fault.

If any other player did the same thing, we wouldn't be talking about this.

JR wouldn't have said anything, Melo wouldn't have said anything.

Banned

NY over hyped Lin

Lin back stabbed NY

NY sucks

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Best part is that when Lin goes back to NY for a game, there most likely will be more cheers than boos in the crowd. He's like the only player in NBA history that can go sign for more money elsewhere and that happen.