Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Clove21's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks will not match offer

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Lin is just maximizing his self worth. I truly believe he wanted to be a Knick, but who is not going to try to get as much $$ as possible? Esp for a guy like Lin, who may or may not pan out as a good player it the league. His value is at all time high, he may not get another big contract. Knicks will suffer with this lose. I think Lin will be a solid starting pg. And I think Felton wont be the Felton he was in NY bc of no Dantoni.
    Doubt he wanted to be a Knick after having Carmelo and JR shit on him in the media when asked about his return.

Lin saw how racist hte NBA was about Asians. So he went for the biggest paycheck possible. 30Million guaranteed are a good deal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I don't think it's necessarily over yet but if so NY will lose a lot of fans to the Nets because this will disgruntle them.

I really don't care if Lin becomes a Knick or a Rocket but I still don't think it's over yet. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
    i don't see why, the "Lin maniacs" were clearly not that hardcore before, at least a very high portion of them. Those like me, Bagel - we are going to be mega pissed, lose interest maybe for a long time worst case, but Net fans? Where is the connection? Did Lin go there?

I feel bad for a lot of people who let themselves get swept up in this. Sports is fickle, and being a Knick fan ,more pain that happiness. Ten thousand times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    This is so fitting

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Don't forget, Felton played with Amare, Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Fields. Not the current roster that's led by Marshmelo.
    Yup, its basically a brand new team he needs to get used to. And based off his decline last year, I dont expect much from him. When they struggle in the season and Lin is balling, fans are going to be calling for the Knicks managements heads.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Inb4 Lin has a 18/9 type of season, becoming a first time All-Star while Raymond Felton gets benched for being too fat.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i don't see why, the "Lin maniacs" were clearly not that hardcore before, at least a very high portion of them. Those like me, Bagel - we are going to be mega pissed, lose interest maybe for a long time worst case, but Net fans? Where is the connection? Did Lin go there?
    Niko, for our flights to Houston, do you prefer Jet Blue or United Airlines? I'm taking the window seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Clove21
    Doubt he wanted to be a Knick after having Carmelo and JR shit on him in the media when asked about his return.
    I always got the vibe Melo was a bit bothered by Lin's success and the fact that their styles don't really compliment each other didnt help at all.

[QUOTE=Faptastrophe]"The Knicks are not expected to announce their decision until this evening, [B]and there is still a chance

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I don't think it's necessarily over yet but if so NY will lose a lot of fans to the Nets because this will disgruntle them.

I really don't care if Lin becomes a Knick or a Rocket but I still don't think it's over yet. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
    NY will bandwagon a NJ team? Shit fans shit franchise

Banned

I feel bad for a lot of people who let themselves get swept up in this. Sports is fickle, and being a Knick fan ,more pain that happiness. Ten thousand times over.
    This could be potentially the last straw for Knicks fans. Knicks fans have been disappointed time and time but I think this time could do the trick. Plus, Brooklyn is closer to NYC than New Jersey is anyways so Knicks fans could just shift on over to Brooklyn instead now.

Either way, Knicks are the dumbest organization in the NBA w/o a doubt if they don't match Lin which is looking like it.

Enjoy Raymond Fatton at PG.

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    NY will bandwagon a NJ team? Shit fans shit franchise
    Brooklyn, which is in NY.

I rule the local playground

There are fans of the New York Knicks in Brooklyn that will be irate.
    Fortunately for them, they will have another hometown team to root for.
    See the connection?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    They had to let him go find his market value. They got mad when he went and tried to find it for the second time.
    wtf ever. This may be his only major contract. he should try for as much as possible. They should have anticipated that houston (with a wily gm) would probably poison the 3rd year as much as possible.

Banned

Why the hell didn't we keep Lin. At worst, he would've been a good bench player for the first two years and a very valuable trade asset, especially in the third year. Meanwhile we have useless Amare making over 20 million a year.....

We're forver cursed.