Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Was Kobe's wasted peak (06-07) karma for 2004?

Actually Kobe wasted quite a few prime years of his career. His 2003-2004 season when he was 25 was a bit of a waste since he was out of shape and preoccupied with his trial, which is why his stats were worse than 2001-2003. His 2004-2005 was also a waste, as he just did not play to his potential and did not even make the playoffs. 2006 and 2007 seasons were a waste for the reason in this discussion thread. So basically, Kobe to a degree lost 4 years - from 25 to 28, which should have been his prime.

who the **** cares? Lebron lost 9 years. nuff said.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    Kobe's peak prime was in the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons which I (a huge kobe hater) must admit he was he best player in the league. But he was surrounded by extremely bad teammates, and ended up wasting his two years of peak.

But is this karma for what kobe has done in 2004? Because of Kobe's selfishness, he chucked the favorites lakers out of a championship, cost Karl Malone's last chance to win a ring, Payton a chance a ring, and Shaquille's deserving FMVP (28ppg on 60% shooting in he finals).

Or it could be that the basketball god gave kobe to much early in his career (prime shaq and 3 rings), that Kobe must be brought back to reality.

Anyways, the only 2 years when Kobe was the best in the league, we couldn't see how he would do in the playoffs.
    Sometimes when a really stupid thought pops up in my mind I shake my head and laugh at myself..

You on the other hand run to your computer and decide to share it with the world

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    Kobe's peak prime was in the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons which I (a huge kobe hater) must admit he was he best player in the league. But he was surrounded by extremely bad teammates, and ended up wasting his two years of peak.

But is this karma for what kobe has done in 2004? Because of Kobe's selfishness, he chucked the favorites lakers out of a championship, cost Karl Malone's last chance to win a ring, Payton a chance a ring, and Shaquille's deserving FMVP (28ppg on 60% shooting in he finals).

Or it could be that the basketball god gave kobe to much early in his career (prime shaq and 3 rings), that Kobe must be brought back to reality.

Anyways, the only 2 years when Kobe was the best in the league, we couldn't see how he would do in the playoffs.
    2004 Finals stats:
    Shaq = 27/11/2 on 63% FG
    Kobe = 23/3/4 on 38% FG (2 steals per game too)

Not airballing my layups anymore

They didn't lose because of Kobe's shooting but rather because of Detroit amazing defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LakersFan626
    2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010... Kobe was the best in the league those seasons too. The most clutch player in the game, three finals appearances, and two rings.

I want to be a falcon too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    2004 Finals stats:
    Shaq = 27/11/2 on 63% FG
    Kobe = 23/3/4 on [COLOR="Red"]38% FG[/COLOR] (2 steals per game too)
    GOAT ? no way

Banned

it always makes me laugh when people say kobe wasted his peak... if anything.. he was able to showcase his tallent the way we would never have been able to see if he was always on a contender... 2006 and 2007 were some of the best games hes ever played.. i think 5 of his 60+ point games came from that time... his 81... his 65, his 63 in 3 qtrs

his prime was 2006-2010...

06 and 07 he showcased his individual play
    08, 09 and 10 he showcased his leadership and ability to lead a winner

if he did just one of those things we never woulda saw both. and sometimes it takes rebuilding or a losing season to get some good picks or trades

and because of it they got marc gasol that turned into pau gasol... and bynum that turned into a great player... and odom that eventually turned into steve nash

so i aint complaining

the pistons beating LA and forcing them to rebuild sooner than later ended up heavily in kobes favor and boosted his alltime status by letting him prove himself without shaq

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    I want to be a falcon too

i want you lebron fans to quit thinking your opinion is the end all be all like your sh*t dont stink... yall speak like your a proffesional evaluator of tallent or something

wake the f*ck up

Dude, Kobe really was surrounded by an epic squad of scrubs. I mean, his team was Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, etc...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

It was getting what you ask for. He thought he could lead teams by himself. He found out it doesn't work that way.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    It was getting what you ask for. He thought he could lead teams by himself. He found out it doesn't work that way.
    This. Only real special players can lead scrub teams deep into the playoffs, Kobe just found that his all round game just wasn't good enough.

Very good NBA starter

Yeah, just like Lebrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Yeah, just like Lebrick.
    Lol u so mad lebron shits all over your lover boy Kobe

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    it always makes me laugh when people say kobe wasted his peak... if anything.. he was able to showcase his tallent the way we would never have been able to see if he was always on a contender... 2006 and 2007 were some of the best games hes ever played.. i think 5 of his 60+ point games came from that time... his 81... his 65, his 63 in 3 qtrs

his prime was 2006-2010...

06 and 07 he showcased his individual play
    08, 09 and 10 he showcased his leadership and ability to lead a winner

if he did just one of those things we never woulda saw both. and sometimes it takes rebuilding or a losing season to get some good picks or trades

and because of it they got marc gasol that turned into pau gasol... and bynum that turned into a great player... and odom that eventually turned into steve nash

so i aint complaining

the pistons beating LA and forcing them to rebuild sooner than later ended up heavily in kobes favor and boosted his alltime status by letting him prove himself without shaq
    This. If he had 1-2 allstars on those teams, he wouldn't have put on scoring shows as much.