Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Raid: Redemption... tell me any better action movie than this in movie history?

You HAVE to see this movie....

After watching this movie, I found myself lost my appetite to other action movies....

Banned

Default Re: The Raid: Redemption... tell me any better action movie than this in movie history?

ong bak

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: The Raid: Redemption... tell me any better action movie than this in movie history?

Overrated.

Plot-wise no depht, nothing to work with. If the movie has 10 minutes of dialogue total I would be surprised. Nice setup with the death-trap premise but never really developed anything interesting with it.

Fighting wise it was cool, although the whole Penkat Silat they're promoting looks too much like muay thai. The corridor fights were awesome and the mad dog fights were satisfying but a bit repetitive (and I felt that the final fight between him and the brothers dragged on for a bit longer than it should have).

6.5/10

Haters! This **** was pheckin crazy... and this comes from a action movie guru, ive never walked out after an action movie with such adrenaline rush... it was just non-freakin-stop ridicilously coreographed martial arts kicks, knees, elbows, jiu-jitsu, wing chun, muay thai, penkat silat, knifes, machetes, rifles, handguns, blood, gore, kill count, asa+0239asdpoasid from beginning to the end, my jaw was open the entire movie....

This may NOT be the best action movie ive seen... but it is the best --->ACTION<--- movie i ever seen...

If you want plot, drama, dialougue in your action movies... then you will be somewhat disappointed.... but if you want a constant state of perplexion... this is it...
    Last edited by pauk; 06-15-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I've heard great things about it. I'm waiting on the US bluray.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

This is my review of it from the Rate the Last Movie thread. I really dug it.

Saw this last night. Completely agree with this score. Low 90s for me too.

This is a good example of a movie deciding what it wants to be and being it. I could complain about the lack of, or really non-existence, of any character depth. Or the incredibly minimal story arc. But rather than tack on bullshit versions of those things because some hollywood development team thinks they're gonna need it, this Japanese production is allowed to just be what it is. A very simply laid out excuse to go through floor after floor after floor of exquisitely choreographed, and in my view even more importantly, superbly filmed Kung Fu. There's plenty of wide angle work here that lets the audience actually see the incredible work being done. As opposed to the american tendency to chop action sequences up into an incomprehensible montage of sweaty intense faced close ups and gaffer work so it "feels" fast.

They just don't often make stuff like this anymore. It was refreshing in a nostalgic kind of a way.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiKhan
    Overrated.

Plot-wise no depht, nothing to work with. If the movie has 10 minutes of dialogue total I would be surprised. Nice setup with the death-trap premise but never really developed anything interesting with it.

Fighting wise it was cool, although the whole Penkat Silat they're promoting looks too much like muay thai. The corridor fights were awesome and the mad dog fights were satisfying but a bit repetitive (and I felt that the final fight between him and the brothers dragged on for a bit longer than it should have).

6.5/10
    Agree with the review, but would rate it maybe a point/half point higher.

With the amount of hype ive been hearing, i was really excited to watch it. Saw it last night, and i am kinda disappointed. The movie was good, but i had higher expectations. I had friends and co-workers who said this was the best kung fu movie they've ever seen so i was expecting something revolutionary. Movie was good, but ive seen a lot better action.now im hearing hollywood is doing a remake. What a fukking suprise

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

A box of Jack In The Box stuffed jalapenos.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Just watched it tonight, pretty much agree with Thorp. It's a fun flick, but it got a bit tiresome. The fight with the brothers definitely dragged. Was kind of weird, the whole time I was thinking "man, this is some really cool coreography" but eventually I just didn't care.

Who Am I, Blood and Bone and IP Man maybe.....

kill bill

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Watching it right now... what should I watch out for?

The fighting scenes were well done but I would def drop at least 20 minutes off this movie if it was up to me. But it is a fun mindless action game I enjoyed watching people get ****ed up.