Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: "Daddy (1 or 2), where do babies come from?"

It never ceases to amaze me how people can find ways to use the bible to rationalize excluding groups of people from something.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It never ceases to amaze me how people can find ways to use the bible to rationalize excluding groups of people from something.
    the level of hypocrisy is what amazes me most. divorce is okay while homosexuality is demonized, how do they explain that to their god?

if you go to work on the sabbath, eat shellfish, wear synthetic fabric... that should be a public stoning.

1 Lust
    2 Gluttony
    3 Greed
    4 Sloth
    5 Wrath
    6 Envy
    7 Pride

the "sins" that are listed above, these are things that should be much higher on any god fearing christians shit list than homosexuality. why would we even talk about homosexuality when greed is one of the cornerstones of america?

edit: this whole "going against nature" argument is laughable. homosexuality exists in nature, it doesnt threaten the future of human reproduction, and who decides what is "going against nature" in the first place?
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-28-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Here we go again... bringing religion back into the equation... like I keep trying to keep at the forefront, we're discussing something along the lines of two grown men explaining to their adopted unnatural child where they truly came from, and why there are two daddies and no mommy around.

Why keep trying to spin off the original question?

God is the only one who can properly judge sins individually ... that isn't what this thread is about.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Here we go again... bringing religion back into the equation... like I keep trying to keep at the forefront, we're discussing something along the lines of two grown men explaining to their adopted unnatural child where they truly came from, and why there are two daddies and no mommy around.

Why keep trying to spin off the original question?

God is the only one who can properly judge sins individually ... that isn't what this thread is about.

So the thread is about "where do babies come from"? Or it's about a gay couple explaining to kids where babies come from and why there's no mommy in their house? Cause it seems like you made it about religion when you started talking about "god being angry" being one of the primary reasons to disallow gay marriage. What's the question? Or did you just want to give your thoughts and tell everyone who responded they weren't getting it or taking it seriously?
    Last edited by Lamar Doom; 07-28-2012 at 03:54 AM.

so we should outlaw gay marriage because its difficult to explain to "adopted unnatural" 6 year olds why they have two daddies?

what if mommy weighs 800 lbs and spends her entire life in a hoverround, thats tough to explain to a 6 year old, should we make that illegal? what if daddy divorces mommy so he can get with the 25 year old secretary, is that easy to explain to a 6 year old?

of course kids are going to be confused by homosexuality, kids are confused by ****ing everything. maybe you shouldnt be talking with your 6 year old about sexuality in the first place.

what do people tell kids about hetero marriage? do they tell them "well, a man loves a woman and then a baby slides out of the womans pee-hole?" how is that any less confusing than any other answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    what if mommy weighs 800 lbs and spends her entire life in a hoverround, thats tough to explain to a 6 year old, should we make that illegal? ?
    Wow dude, you just hit the nail on the head. I'm blown away. Why couldn't I see it before? A young girl growing up witnessing her mother being obese and stuffing her face with KFC every other night is just as equally confusing to her as would having two dads when other kids at school poke fun at her and tell her they can't make babies and that she's really someone else's kid. The mentioned obese mother would be just as confusing to her discovering and rightfully owning her own individual sexual orientation once she becomes of age.

It's a dead-on comparison. Please, keep them coming.

Wow dude, you just hit the nail on the head. I'm blown away. Why couldn't I see it before? A young girl growing up witnessing her mother being obese and stuffing her face with KFC every other night is just as equally confusing to her as would having two dads when other kids at school poke fun at her and tell her they can't make babies and that she's really someone else's kid. The mentioned obese mother would be just as confusing to her discovering and rightfully owning her own individual sexual orientation once she becomes of age.

so now you are saying that gay marriage should be illegal because schoolkids will poke fun at gay marriage children for being adopted? first of all, only an asshole kid makes fun of another kid for being adopted. garbage argument because we shouldnt have government policy dictated by asshole children.

do you remember what it was like to go to school? kids make fun of kids for literally everything. having gay parents doesnt single you out for teasing any more than having a walrus mom on a hoverround singles you out.

heres an idea, maybe if parents werent bigoted idiots, their shithead kids wouldnt make fun of some other kid just because they happened to be adopted by two men.
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-28-2012 at 04:40 AM.

I live in Bay Ridge. Go to Park Slope all the time for my daughters classes, etc. There are about (literally) thousands of familys in Park Slope, white parents, who adopted asian kids (mostly girls). A lot have black children too.

News Flash: Kids ask about it, then say OH. THEY DO NOT GIVE A ****. They are not obtuse haters like you. My daughers asked me about it, i told her the original parents didn't/couldn't take care, so the new parents took her. Her response "Good thing the new parents wanted her or she'd be alone."

You're just hating on a group of people. Nothing else. You've decided people who don't share your sexual orientation shouldn't be afforded those same protections / simple joys of saying "i'm married".

Note: People who use the bible as a literal reference guide are mentally retarded. I'm not discrediting god, etc. but the bible is a book written by men, full of stories, meant to show example of behaivor. It's not a rule book. And the people using it as such are doublely hypocritical because they pick and choose which rules they like.

I live in Bay Ridge. Go to Park Slope all the time for my daughters classes, etc. There are about (literally) thousands of familys in Park Slope, white parents, who adopted asian kids (mostly girls). A lot have black children too.

News Flash: Kids ask about it, then say OH. THEY DO NOT GIVE A ****. They are not obtuse haters like you. My daughers asked me about it, i told her the original parents didn't/couldn't take care, so the new parents took her. Her response "Good thing the new parents wanted her or she'd be alone."

You're just hating on a group of people. Nothing else. You've decided people who don't share your sexual orientation shouldn't be afforded those same protections / simple joys of saying "i'm married".

Note: People who use the bible as a literal reference guide are mentally retarded. I'm not discrediting god, etc. but the bible is a book written by men, full of stories, meant to show example of behaivor. It's not a rule book. And the people using it as such are doublely hypocritical because they pick and choose which rules they like.
    You keep mentioning the Bible... and I keep trying and trying to point out to you that I'm not using the Bible in this debate. Why can't you come to terms with this? You seem rather angry and keep saying I'm a hater and bashing a specific sect of people in this world when I'm not doing that.

You're the hater here dude, LOL. You keep mentioning the Bible... how you think religious people or those who take the Bible literally are retarded (FYI, I don't entirely take the Bible literally, but there are some aspects that ARE VERY OBVIOUS they're not in some symbolic or metaphoric meaning ... such as "if man lay with man he will surely die" ... there's no way this is referring to some hidden or perplexed metaphor. It's simply plain as day).

Let's not go down that path though... I only brought it up b/c you insist on keeping on bringing up God's word and I keep trying to inform you this is more of a mother nature oriented discussion.

There's absolutely no reason for you to keep bringing God into this. Stop already. You doing so, demonstrates YOU'RE the hater, not me. I don't believe mother nature intended for man to be with man, that doesn't mean I literally hate men who sleep with men... it just means I don't agree with. You're response saying Christians who take the Bible literally are "retarded" is bashing and hateful... I'm not speaking in a hateful manner... you are.

You're the hater, not me.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Couldn't help but laugh at this ad. American politics are so absurd.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Couldn't help but laugh at this ad. American politics are so absurd.
    It's because close to half the people still think like LoJ. The republicans bolster votes by taking zealot standpoints on things like homosexuality and abortion (which will never be over turned) and the conversation never goes away. Somebody needs to just pull rank, democracy needs to take a back seat to sense at some point if we have to stagnate progress to banter with bigots. Believe me, most of us know how ridiculous it is, we're just waiting for these rubes to catch up or die off.

The argument I'm making in here is 95% from a mother nature perspective.
    this makes your argument SO dumb. mother nature didn't intend for homosexuals to get married? mother nature didn't intend for anybody to get married marriage is a purely man-made concept, it has literally nothing to do with mother nature, how can you even argue otherwise? when did "mother nature" (whatever that may be) say "okay, when a man and a woman love each other they may engage in a ceremony that is dictated primarily upon what your religious convictions are that says they will be together until death do them part and shall be known as husband and wife."

what the hell does that have to do with mother nature? and if it's primarily based around nature/reproductive ability, then are you saying infertile people can't get married? surely mother nature didn't intend for infertile people to wed because they can't reproduce and are thus holding back mankind's progressive advances!

just say you don't think gay people should get married because the bible preaches hatred of homosexuals and god doesn't approve. at least then you'd have some sort of basis for your argument (as unbelievably stupid and horrible as it is, there is at the very least some semblance of a basis for it). but don't say you're arguing against gay marriage from a mother nature standpoint. it literally makes zero sense.

marriage = man-made concept, absolutely nothing to do with nature

You keep mentioning the Bible... and I keep trying and trying to point out to you that I'm not using the Bible in this debate. Why can't you come to terms with this? You seem rather angry and keep saying I'm a hater and bashing a specific sect of people in this world when I'm not doing that.

You're the hater here dude, LOL. You keep mentioning the Bible... how you think religious people or those who take the Bible literally are retarded (FYI, I don't entirely take the Bible literally, but there are some aspects that ARE VERY OBVIOUS they're not in some symbolic or metaphoric meaning ... such as "if man lay with man he will surely die" ... there's no way this is referring to some hidden or perplexed metaphor. It's simply plain as day).

Let's not go down that path though... I only brought it up b/c you insist on keeping on bringing up God's word and I keep trying to inform you this is more of a mother nature oriented discussion.

There's absolutely no reason for you to keep bringing God into this. Stop already. You doing so, demonstrates YOU'RE the hater, not me. I don't believe mother nature intended for man to be with man, that doesn't mean I literally hate men who sleep with men... it just means I don't agree with. You're response saying Christians who take the Bible literally are "retarded" is bashing and hateful... I'm not speaking in a hateful manner... you are.

You're the hater, not me.

I think people who take the bible literally as word for word guidelines and rules on how to live there live are pretty much morons. Yes, i really really do.

I'm not saying taking things here and there that you think are good points. I'm saying doing something such as saying "GAY MARRIAGE IS BAD - I READ IT IN THE BIBLE THEREFORE I CANNOT ACCEPT IT" is extremely moronic.

And yes, i have absolutely zero tolerance for people who are exclusionary, and zero X two tolerance for people who use religion as a reason to do so. BEcause what i took growing up from religion was to be a good person and be as good as i could to others, not to be a slave to a set of rules.

I think people who take the bible literally as word for word guidelines and rules on how to live there live are pretty much morons. Yes, i really really do.

I'm not saying taking things here and there that you think are good points. I'm saying doing something such as saying "GAY MARRIAGE IS BAD - I READ IT IN THE BIBLE THEREFORE I CANNOT ACCEPT IT" is extremely moronic.

And yes, i have absolutely zero tolerance for people who are exclusionary, and zero X two tolerance for people who use religion as a reason to do so. BEcause what i took growing up from religion was to be a good person and be as good as i could to others, not to be a slave to a set of rules.
    I used to think the exact same way. I understand where you're coming from; at that time I did anyway.

With or without the Bible, with or without religion, with or without God, one can still arrive at the conclusion that man + man doesn't seem right. It doesn't mean that said person is the final authority and that's that. Like we've already established, you have supporters and those who do not support gay marriage.

I believe marriage should be reserved between a man and woman. It doesn't mean I'm right. It just means that's how I (and the majority of the country) feel. You're free to feel how you do.

BTW, not all Christians are morons who completely take the Bible 100% literally word for word. I do realize there are however Christians who do interrupt the Bible 100% literally and never question it, but there's also atheists who are "extreme" in terms of blind faith without questioning things and are just as faithful there is no God.

I suppose one would make the argument those folks are morons too, but I'm not going to do so... calling people morons doesn't exactly do anything except upset people.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    this makes your argument SO dumb. mother nature didn't intend for homosexuals to get married? mother nature didn't intend for anybody to get married

marriage = man-made concept, absolutely nothing to do with nature
    This debate isn't entirely about "marriage" either... it's original purpose was seeking a logical and rational explanation as to how two fathers would explain to their son or daughter how "babies are made" and why they have two daddies instead of a mommy and daddy.

Marriage doesn't even have to come into the equation... when I keep referencing "mother nature" I'm talking about reproduction... I'm talking about the creation of life. I'm not speaking of mother nature as a knowledgeable entity (such as God), so your entire "your argument is SO dumb" point is immediately tossed out the window.