Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Demonoid hit by DDoS attack

"It started as a DDoS but then it caused a series of problems," Demonoid's admin told TorrentFreak. "These problems need to be fixed before the site can go back up, and it’s a complicated fix this time. There might have been an attack from another angle, an exploit of sorts, but it’s hard to tell right now without a full check of everything. Our human resources became limited in the last few months. All tech issues are handled just by me now and there is no one else to take the job. I’ll fix the site as soon as possible, but it might be a while this time."
    http://www.zdnet.com/demonoid-hit-by...ck-7000001732/

It's been down for a good 3 days. *insert sad man frog*

Default Re: Demonoid hit by DDoS attack

Your kidding...

I downloaded a good 60 gigs worth of files from Demonoid, only use that torrent site.

I used Demonoid a lot back in the day, but I prefer private sites now like Waffles.fm or just News Groups.

I think I downloaded 150GB of stuff from Demenoid. rightnow I'm like at 50GB worth of music on Waffles. 1.089 share ratio!

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I used Demonoid a lot back in the day, but I prefer private sites now like Waffles.fm or just News Groups.

I think I downloaded 150GB of stuff from Demenoid. rightnow I'm like at 50GB worth of music on Waffles. 1.089 share ratio!
    See, my problem with Waffles is that nobody snatches the stuff I DL.

Is there a limit I can DL before I get hit by a ratio warning? (I know this may affect you as well, so I'm trying not to use it too much).

I really only use demonoid for obscure stuff at this point or things I don't want affecting my ratio on other sites. I actually needed something a few days back right before it was hit by the DDoS, which sucks since I told myself I'd wait until later in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by soadrules
    See, my problem with Waffles is that nobody snatches the stuff I DL.

Is there a limit I can DL before I get hit by a ratio warning? (I know this may affect you as well, so I'm trying not to use it too much).

I really only use demonoid for obscure stuff at this point or things I don't want affecting my ratio on other sites. I actually needed something a few days back right before it was hit by the DDoS, which sucks since I told myself I'd wait until later in the night.
    Waffles doesn't have a ton of music compared to what.CD or even News Groups at times. What I do is two things.

1.) Download from News Group sites or what.CD, then upload it on Waffles. a 100mb album I can usually get 500mb+ uploaded for it after a week or so.

2.) Download brand new albums that come out (even if you don't like the artist) ASAP and share them. For example I downloaded Linkin Park's "Living Things" when it had like 10 seeds, then it ended up having like 150 seeds and I had a share ratio of it of like 5.34 because I had uploaded data of the album like 5x over.

These are the only two things I did when my share ratio was 0.55 (30GB downloaded, 15GB uploaded).

Now I'm at 1.08 which is like 45GB downloaded and 47GB uploaded.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

just use KAT.ph

it's better anyways

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    just use KAT.ph

it's better anyways
    Idk, a lot of searches i do there come up empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Idk, a lot of searches i do there come up empty.
    I've yet to be unable to find ANYTHING between KAT and TPB

I have a Demonoid acc and have for years but rarely use it.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Hm. I used to download a lot of illegal music from torrents and Newsgroup sites, but I find it a lot more convenient to buy my music legally now from marketplaces like Amazon MP3, Google Music, Zune etc. Amazon has a lot of good weekly deals where albums are 2.99, songs at 25 cents, and they are automatically stored in the cloud if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Hm. I used to download a lot of illegal music from torrents and Newsgroup sites, but I find it a lot more convenient to buy my music legally now from marketplaces like Amazon MP3, Google Music, Zune etc. Amazon has a lot of good weekly deals where albums are 2.99, songs at 25 cents, and they are automatically stored in the cloud if you choose.
    Why pay 2.99 for an album when you can download the artist's entire discography for free in an hour or less.

Unless it's an aspiring artist and you want to support them, in which case I am all for paying.

Why is it more convenient?

Why pay 2.99 for an album when you can download the artist's entire discography for free in an hour or less.
    I just find it more convenient. You can store unlimited music on Amazon's cloud as long as you buy the music from them. The reason I used to download music illegally was because I didn't have the money to buy it, but now that I do I have no problem paying for my music.

I just find it more convenient. You can store unlimited music on Amazon's cloud as long as you buy the music from them. The reason I used to download music illegally was because I didn't have the money to buy it, but now that I do I have no problem paying for my music.
    It's just as easy to keep it stored on my RAID server (my own personal cloud) and be able to listen to it via plex or xbmc on my tablet or phone anywhere I'm at.

I just burn MP3 CD's in general though, since my car plays them and I don't own an mp3 player.

100+ tracks per disk works for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    http://www.zdnet.com/demonoid-hit-by...ck-7000001732/

It's been down for a good 3 days. *insert sad man frog*
    Couldn't they mention this along with the 'server busy' sign when you enter the site? I kept revisiting like every hour till now to see if they were back on.

It's just as easy to keep it stored on my RAID server (my own personal cloud) and be able to listen to it via plex or xbmc on my tablet or phone anywhere I'm at.
    I have a NAS server to store and share my movies throughout my house, but the point I'm trying to make is that I no longer have to store music locally and that's convenient. I guess I could download them and then upload them myself to Google Music or Amazon MP3 but there is a limit to how much you can store before they charge you and it's also a hassle.