Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Serious playground baller General's Avatar

Default Re: Demonoid hit by DDoS attack

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Why is it more convenient?
    Playing music from the cloud from my browser, tablet, and phone(iOS, Android for now) without having to upload it myself. Unlimited storage as long as I buy it from Amazon which is not a problem since they often have the lowest prices.

Anybody have a Waffles invite? Will trade x264. PM me.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General
    I have a NAS server to store and share my movies throughout my house, but the point I'm trying to make is that I no longer have to store music locally and that's convenient. I guess I could download them and then upload them myself to Google Music or Amazon MP3 but there is a limit to how much you can store before they charge you and it's also a hassle.
    If you have a good enough upload speed @ home you can access your locally stored music, video, etc, and stream it rather easily, anywhere you can get internet.

And it's free. I "own" every singly movie in my list I posted, and can stream them from my buddies house over the internet.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 07-28-2012 at 06:04 PM.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Demonoid for obscure stuff?

What were you looking for? I'm bored and will look around.
    Well, it's not my normal go to for anything anymore (outside of the ocassional application here or there). I just thought it was weird I could only find it on Demonoid.

And Meticode, isn't that against the what.CD rules (to upload their stuff to another site)?

Fat Computer Nerd, what do you use to stream movies? I've been using air video (since I'm on iOS apart from my 'server')? Since my 'server' is at home and I go to school in Michigan I'd like another alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by soadrules
    Well, it's not my normal go to for anything anymore (outside of the ocassional application here or there). I just thought it was weird I could only find it on Demonoid.

And Meticode, isn't that against the what.CD rules (to upload their stuff to another site)?

Fat Computer Nerd, what do you use to stream movies? I've been using air video (since I'm on iOS apart from my 'server')? Since my 'server' is at home and I go to school in Michigan I'd like another alternative.
    Check out Plex if you're an apple user. You need very good upload speeds from home for it to work well though.

Or get a AppleTV II, jailbreak it, and learn how to set up XBMC to stream the same way plex does...but to do that you need to be relatively tech-savvy, and will again need good (10mb+) upload speeds @ your home.

If you're a tech newb Id probably go w/ Plex but dont bother if your home internet upload speeds suck.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 07-28-2012 at 06:45 PM.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Check out Plex if you're an apple user. You need very good upload speeds from home for it to work well though.

Or get a AppleTV II, jailbreak it, and learn how to set up XBMC to stream the same way plex does...but to do that you need to be relatively tech-savvy, and will again need good (10mb+) upload speeds @ your home.

If you're a tech newb Id probably go w/ Plex but dont bother if your home internet upload speeds suck.
    I'm relatively tech savvy. My upload speeds go up and down, and unfortunately my movies are in 720p MKV files, so that might hinder it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by soadrules
    I'm relatively tech savvy. My upload speeds go up and down, and unfortunately my movies are in 720p MKV files, so that might hinder it a bit.
    Well you could try it and see, but if your upload speeds @ home are not above 10 mbps (esp. on 720p stuff) you will pretty much be out of luck, unless you rent/use your own private server or VPN closer to where you're at, and x-fer all your content to it.

Anyone having any issues with torrents at the moment? I use utorrent and when i try to download from PirateBay it won't download, it just stays at 0%.

anyone got some invites for tv show sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Anyone having any issues with torrents at the moment? I use utorrent and when i try to download from PirateBay it won't download, it just stays at 0%.
    click the download magnet, not the torrent file.

or use KAT.PH

Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 08-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Hm. I used to download a lot of illegal music from torrents and Newsgroup sites, but I find it a lot more convenient to buy my music legally now from marketplaces like Amazon MP3, Google Music, Zune etc. Amazon has a lot of good weekly deals where albums are 2.99, songs at 25 cents, and they are automatically stored in the cloud if you choose.
    no thanks. ill stick to downloading illegal music

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    anyone got some invites for tv show sites?
    nooooboddy?

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    nooooboddy?
    only TV show site u need is EZTV.IT

(for regularly airing new'ish series)

Decent college freshman

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

They are pretty good at updating new TV episodes.

They also have some movies that are still in theaters or movies that will be coming out to buy as well as a list of a ton of old movies.