Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Rate my movie library

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's a great, but VERY slow film. You have to be in the mood for it. The only thing about it that I didn't care for was that cat scene.
    Did you see the little boy scene from Novecento (aka 1900)

Very disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Heimat I have, all three parts.

Scraping issues is why it's not on the list of movies, (Media Companion kept trying to add 6 entries for each of the 3 parts) but I think I even mentioned it earlier in the thread.

It's one of my all time favorite movies actually, and HIGHLY recommended. Prob. the single most important film to see for anyone interested in WWII, the interwar period, or history in general. I could only find it in DVD format, so it takes up like 80 gigs on my NAS lol.

If you enjoyed Heimat you should check out Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980) It's entirely set during the inter-war period, and gives some explanations as to what led up to the Nazis taking power, and why/how it was allowed to happen. I didn't keep that one as I didn't have enough storage @ the time (several years ago). I think I'll re-located it myself. =)

*edit* Nice, found a 6 gb mkv of it w/ good reviews on KAT. Not a bad size for a 15.5 hr movie, lol. *edit* PM me for link if interested!

As for the rest, I know I've seen Shoah, just never kept it.

Will look into the others. Satantango looks great!
    I've been meaning to see Heimat, but haven't had the chance to. It's high on my "must see list." I liked Shoah a lot, but the director's kind of an ass. Wavelength might be "pointless," but if you're into that artsy movie scene, it's well worth seeing, along with Report and Scorpio Rising, both of which I loved.

My suggestion for A Certain Sacrifice was just a goof. That movie sucked balls.

I've been meaning to see Heimat, but haven't had the chance to. It's high on my "must see list." I liked Shoah a lot, but the director's kind of an ass. Wavelength might be "pointless," but if you're into that artsy movie scene, it's well worth seeing, along with Report and Scorpio Rising, both of which I loved.

My suggestion for A Certain Sacrifice was just a goof. That movie sucked balls.
    Heimat is too GOAT to not see. Be prepared to invest A LOT of time though, if you watch all three.

Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I can point you in the right direction.

BTW, why did you suggest Heimat if you haven't watched it?

To me movies just aren't worth keeping on your computer because they lack replay value compared to music. I keep some of the ones I like for a while, about a month at most, but I always end up deleting them. 700+ movies that's ****ing insane. Every film I watched in my lifetime is probably on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Heimat is too GOAT to not see. Be prepared to invest A LOT of time though, if you watch all three.

Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I can point you in the right direction.

BTW, why did you suggest Heimat if you haven't watched it?
    Could you PM me with that info?

Also, I suggested it because you were looking for good movies, and sometimes I'll recommend something based on its reputation alone and its similarity to other films that I've enjoyed. For example, if someone liked The Maltese Falcon, then I would whole-heartedly recommend Double Indemnity, since both are considered classics of that genre. A lot of movies I end up watching are due to friends telling me "I've heard (blank) is a lot like (blank). You should see it."

Could you PM me with that info?

Also, I suggested it because you were looking for good movies, and sometimes I'll recommend something based on its reputation alone and its similarity to other films that I've enjoyed. For example, if someone liked The Maltese Falcon, then I would whole-heartedly recommend Double Indemnity, since both are considered classics of that genre. A lot of movies I end up watching are due to friends telling me "I've heard (blank) is a lot like (blank). You should see it."
    I'm just surprised that someone who's never seen it has even heard of it.

It's a masterpiece but it's not exactly very well-known. Unless you are from Germany or something, in which case it would make perfect sense I suppose.

BTW, PM sent, but expect it to take a year and a half to download, (6 4.3 GB DVDs), and that's just part I.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 07-31-2012 at 08:46 PM.