Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Alexey Shved..Can someone tell me about this player?

is Alexey Shved a legit NBA player at best how good is he and right now how good is he? whats the wolves plans for him? will he develop under kirilenko (russians).. AND gimme a solid NBA player comparision with him please.

Default Re: Alexey Shved..Can someone tell me about this player?

Shooting guard who can also play the point, and at times can also play small forward. He's a skilled playmaker, and an above-average shooter. Defense is questionable, but not atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by KGMN
    Shooting guard who can also play the point, and at times can also play small forward. He's a skilled playmaker, and an above-average shooter. Defense is questionable, but not atrocious.
    thanks , who in your opinion is the nba player he is most like? (ive heard ginobili)

Hes got a very short wingspan

ive heard people question his character

Local High School Star

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alexey-Shved-1097/
    I would do a cliff notes version but can't be bothered so here's some full-on plaigarism
    [QUOTE=Draftexpress Circa 2010]Russian guard Alexey Shved has been on the NBA draft radar for what seems like forever now, but he is still quite an obscure prospect compared to his American counterparts.

While Shved

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    thanks , who in your opinion is the nba player he is most like? (ive heard ginobili)
    I'm trying to think of a close comparison, but I can't. Ginobili doesn't sound quite right - he's not as good of a finisher or defender.

EDIT: ^ Goran Dragic ^ seems like a decent comparison.
    Last edited by KGMN; 07-25-2012 at 06:57 PM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

He was top 5 sg in Europe last season and has potentional to be best European sg in coming years so I think it's safe to say he can be an all star when he reaches his prime . I read somewhere that his carere 3 point shooting % in EL is 50% so that tells you he is very good shooter . He's also athletic and a flashy dunker , his passing is good and his defense is avrage or below avrage . I dont't watch NBA a lot and when I do I only watch 4 or 5 teams so I can't tell you for sure what NBA player is his best comparison but from players I watched it would be Terry .

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Yeah I saw that that to. Ginobili is nice, as much as I hate the Spurs. I gotta give props where props are due. I had to look at youtube to see who (Alexey) is this dude was. Youtube makes tuna noodle casserole look like a fine food item. But he has some game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    He was top 5 sg in Europe last season and has potentional to be best European sg in coming years so I think it's safe to say he can be an all star when he reaches his prime . I read somewhere that his carere 3 point shooting % in EL is 50% so that tells you he is very good shooter . He's also athletic and a flashy dunker , his passing is good and his defense is avrage or below avrage . I dont't watch NBA a lot and when I do I only watch 4 or 5 teams so I can't tell you for sure what NBA player is his best comparison but from players I watched it would be Terry .

I'm trying to think of a close comparison, but I can't. Ginobili doesn't sound quite right - he's not as good of a finisher or defender.
    His numbers aren't that far off of Ginobili's at a similar age. Although part of his defensive and finishing troubles could be due to his slight frame.

Still, the Wolves are doing a good job of surrounding guys who can shoot and play well off Love and Rubio. And kind of an unorthodox unit too.

ginobili minus strength is a best case scenario

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    His numbers aren't that far off of Ginobili's at a similar age. Although part of his defensive and finishing troubles could be due to his slight frame.

Still, the Wolves are doing a good job of surrounding guys who can shoot and play well off Love and Rubio. And kind of an unorthodox unit too.
    Perhaps. My "scouting report" on him was based on three to five games that I saw him play and games that I saw a while back.

Wrote this about him a while back:

http://nba247365.com/?p=5002
    2. Alexey Shved – Russia – CSKA Moscow (Point Guard/Shooting Guard):
    Going surprisingly undrafted in the 2010 draft may have worked to Shved’s benefit. Should the lanky Russian combo decide to come over to the NBA, he won’t be tied down to one team and end up in an unfavorable situation. Shved enjoys good height for both guard spots at around 6’6″ and has the kind of elite athleticism that’s not often found in European guards.

Possessing a quick first step, great handles, and a good jumper, Shved’s game is reminiscent of Jamal Crawford. Despite his lack of strength, he’s not afraid to take it into the paint and finish among the trees or throw in a nice floater in the lane. While generally looking for his shot first, Shved has good court vision and consistently makes the right pass. Defense is the most glaring weakness in Shved’s game, where his lack of strength makes him vulnerable to being posted up and hurts him when he tries to fight through screens.

Reading that made me think of Marco Jaric