Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rip Fubu

Default Rip Fubu

Had to pick up a new PS3 remote, so I ran over to Wal-Mart real quick. When I walked past the shoes section, I glanced over and saw a pair of FUBU joints sitting there. It didn't register until maybe about 3 or 4 more steps where I stopped and turned around to make sure I was seeing it right. Sure enough, FUBUs.

Regardless of whether or not it was made "for" me back in the day lol, I rocked a couple pairs of FUBU jeans and a couple of T's. Same with Sean John, Rocawear, Ecko, etc. Can't remember the last time I've seen anyone actually wear those brands, even though I know they still sell them at Macy's and places like that. Anyone still rock any of these brands? And would you buy a pair of FUBU shoes from Wal-Mart for $20?

Default Re: Rip Fubu

I have a few FuBu shirts I still rock. And I did get some shoes a years or so black (all whites.)

I used to rock the Platinum Fubu Fat Albert joints all the time about 10 years back, good times.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

When I was younger I remember their hats were the "it" thing to wear for a little bit. Expensive as shit, like 50 bones. Could get them in a bunch of different colors.

Only FUBU thing I ever owned. Pretty sure mine was red, but exactly the same. Always loved the baby blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    When I was younger I remember their hats were the "it" thing to wear for a little bit. Expensive as shit, like 50 bones. Could get them in a bunch of different colors.

Only FUBU thing I ever owned. Pretty sure mine was red, but exactly the same. Always loved the baby blue one.
    Before that stupid new era fad where they keep the gold sticker and tag on the hat.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Before that stupid new era fad where they keep the gold sticker and tag on the hat.
    No doubt. I had that hat when I woulda been in like grade 6\7. Remember it being to big and had it stitched in the back so it'd fit. In HS those New Era hats took over, I wore a bunch of those f*ckers too tho never kept the stickers on 'em. Awesome variety, could cop anything from a Batman one to a Redsox one.

Neither hats were worth the price tag.

If you still own FUBU in 2012 then something is wrong with you. You'll get a past for rocking that bright crap back then but now? No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If you still own FUBU in 2012 then something is wrong with you. You'll get a past for rocking that bright crap back then but now? No bueno.
    Yo I have a nice button up black Fubu shirt I still rock.

I ain't wearin no Ali Fubu or nothin

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    I think they still sell pretty good.
    I have Rocawear and Ecko jeans I wear and a few shirts...
    But I do think the target market changed - those are no gangster/underground brands...

Edit: looked it up: Rocawear has annual sales of $700 million
    Yeah, people still wear those. Now if you sad Mecca, Dada, Willie Esko or Karl Kani, lol.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Was watching Scary Movie last night and Shawn Wayans was rocking a powder blue Fubu jersey. Anyone still rock Avirex? They had some nice leather jackets back in the day.

oh my word... those were the brands i rocked through my teen years. i didn't rock a lot of fubu, but i did have 3 of them jersey and a couple of pants.

i had silver/black, red/white, and a white with red numbers and lettering.

remember this gap commercial by ll who still rocked a fubu cap

to answer your question, op: yeah, most def. depends on the style and fit of course. i had pair of fubu shoes in my freshman year which was like a crosstrainer type, and that shoe was easily in the top 5 shoes i've ever worn (and ive worn a lot of shoes).

these clothes were fukkin expensive back then too. this is the reason why i worked at such a early age, so i can look fly and impress the b!tches lol. i tell u man, women truly rule this world

even tho i was from the west coast, a lot of my style was influenced from east coast rappers. i use to buy xxl mag religiously to look at what was hot and trending on the newest brands.

i remember i was the first dude rockin' 13' timbs, ecko and carhartt back in 98/99. cats was wearing tommy hil, gap, old navy, banana republic, nautica pepe, karl kani and of course dickies.

once people starting buying brands like ecko, phat farm, and sean john. i went and sported other brands such as avirex, mecca, enyce and my all-time fav nyc triple 5 soul.
    Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz; 07-31-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Was watching Scary Movie last night and Shawn Wayans was rocking a powder blue Fubu jersey. Anyone still rock Avirex? They had some nice leather jackets back in the day.
    word. them bomber jackets were nice, but the motorcycle ones were the ones that made me want to rob because them joints were expensive as shiet. you don't really need a jacket in cali, but those jackets were hard and i could only afford the hoodies .

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    word. them bomber jackets were nice, but the motorcycle ones were the ones that made me want to rob because them joints were expensive as shiet. you don't really need a jacket in cali, but those jackets were hard and i could only afford the hoodies .

haha I hear ya man. I used to have a black one. I remember they got me hooked after seeing DMX, Method Man, and Nas wearing them in Belly I don't have the leather leather jacket but still got a few pairs of Avirex jeans. I rock more just regular Nike stuff now over the years, but always keeping my eyes out for Rocawear, Enyce, and Ecko.

I remember when I used to rock Mecca brand shit. the quality of their clothes were horrible and the retarded white suburbanites that inhabited my school thought that me wearing them made me a muslim.

I wouldn't trade those days for anything though. It's kinda sad that I have a pretty good life and I still miss middle school and my freshman year of high school. That was the one time in my life where I truly didn't give one fvck.

Yeah, people still wear those. Now if you sad Mecca, Dada, Willie Esko or Karl Kani, lol.
    i believe "mecca" in spanish is ***/sperm. i know its a clothing brand but i'm hispanic and i went to school with a bunch of mexicans.

Mecca? South Pole? FUBU? Kani? Yal dress like your mothers copped you gear from the bootleg clothes stands. I'm so disappointed in you all.

Where is starface? He's killer when it comes to posters talkin fashion.

Yo I have a nice button up black Fubu shirt I still rock.

I ain't wearin no Ali Fubu or nothin
    So its a plain black button up shirt? Thats ok. I didnt realize FUBU was capable of clothes that werent BRIGHT and didnt have their logo attatched to it in some way. If not logo some silly ass patch.