Default I'm confused about the ending of Rounders... Why was Grandma P*ssed off?

I don't get it...

Mike was able to come up with money to pay off his debt...
    If he had lost the poker game they would of killed him...
    meaning there would be no money to collect.

So why was Grandma upset that KGB lost the game?

Can anybody explain this to me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RiuE1rWnso
    Rounders-Final Hand

Default Re: I'm confused about the ending of Rounders... Why was Grandma P*ssed off?

I don't think he would have killed him. Probably beat the shit out of him and then he'd basically have to work for him. He'd basically own Mike.
    Last edited by Jackass18; 08-04-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Default Re: I'm confused about the ending of Rounders... Why was Grandma P*ssed off?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    I don't think he would have killed him. Probably beat the shit out of him and then he'd basically have to work for him. He'd basically own Mike.

Actually... KGB would own him.

If anything, Grandma should be happy that Mike won the game...

This is the only thing I can conclude... The $15,000 that Mike owed to Grandma was mostly going to KGB, and Grandma would collect a percentage... but since KGB got destroyed against Mike (I think he took him for $50,000)... Grandma knew that he wasn't going to collect a dime from that $15,000 that was owed because now it was all going to KGB...

anyway... It doesn't make sense why he would p*ssed.

Banned

obviously the personal animosity towards Mikey had something to do with it as well, everything isnt about money.. Pride had much to do with the outright hostility shown.. Plus, GRAMMA felt disrespected and shown up.. He wanted to put Mike in his place.. But like most small time thugs, he had to do it by using someone else's clout.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't it Grama who went around and bought up Mike's debt, and KGB was kind of a partner to Grama?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't it Grama who went around and bought up Mike's debt, and KGB was kind of a partner to Grama?
    Yeah he did that and Teddy KGB staked him.

"chuck chuck boil-sheet"

epic performance by mr malkavich

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    obviously the personal animosity towards Mikey had something to do with it as well, everything isnt about money.. Pride had much to do with the outright hostility shown.. Plus, GRAMMA felt disrespected and shown up.. He wanted to put Mike in his place.. But like most small time thugs, he had to do it by using someone else's clout.
    I was going to post this. Grams hated Worm so much that he just wanted to see him and anyone associated with him fail, especially Mike for essentially bailing him out.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    I was going to post this. Grams hated Worm so much that he just wanted to see him and anyone associated with him fail, especially Mike for essentially bailing him out.
    Yeah, he was an overgrown bully who took pleasure in intimidating others just as much making money, maybe moreso.

damn. this movie is classic. old skool

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    damn. this movie is classic. old skool

I just watched it today. I hated the Grama character. Fammke Jannsen is hotter than Damon's gf in this movie.